“Dissappointing”

Ranked #37 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Dissappointing”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Birthday weekend for my partner. The welcome gift was a bottle of Water and a small bar of chocolate, (not worth it). The breakfast was not replenished in time - DISSAPPOINTED and no reply to my complaint

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

GMBrighton, General Manager at Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Lisa L,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at the Mercure Brighton Seafront, It is always a pleasure to receive feedback be it positive or negative.

I was disappointed to hear that you did not feel that there was value associated with your stay. I shall investigate as to what is the status of your complaint.

If i can be of further help please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Peter Nye

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Korean first
wiltshire
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Fantastic break nothing to much trouble staff excellent on first arrival at room no bath so back to check in no trouble relocated to room with bath not the best of views but I'm sure if we went back again this would of been rectified but room suited our needs would return here again with no hesitation as for parking where else in Brighton can you park for £36 for 48 hrs wonderful value thank you mercure.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
GMBrighton, General Manager at Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear PixieWiltshire,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I was glad that you were able to avail of the car parking which has become somewhat of a premium here in brighton over the past couple of years.

I am also delighted to hear that you found all the staff to be helpful ans efficient and we were able to adress any concers with a positive soluition.

Should i be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Had 2 family rooms sleeping 4 each for Fri 3rd. Staff extremely friendly and accommodating. Rooms spotlessly clean and recently refurbishe. Power-shower great. Breakfast reasonable. Car parking hassle-free. Can't complain at 57 quid per night plus breakfast

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank richbedlam
Dear Richbedlam,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel on Trip Advisor.We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay and It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services

Billericay, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights inbetween Xmas and New Year.. Good position on the seafront near the west pier. Limited parking to the front and rear but at £18 per night I would say one of the cheapest in Brighton unless you want to get up at 9am to feed a meter.
Check in was speedy, we had a room on the first floor over the garage so it was quiet. No air con in the room but it is an old hotel. Not sure I would have faired very well in August. Typical sized room, I did think it a little rich to expect to pay £14.50 just to watch the news in the morning though so we didnt.
The shower over the bath was a little cramped due to a large grab rail so had to virtually shower sideways....maybe too many mince pies over Xmas!
Didnt have breakfast, did have a drink in the bar which was reasonably priced.
We had an Accor deal so we didnt spend a horrible amount on the room. Had we of paid the rack rate I would have been quite disappointed...location isnt everything.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
GMBrighton, General Manager at Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear Mike C,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel on Trip Advisor. Its always a pleasure to receive feedback about a guests stay be it positive or nagative.

I will be sharing your comments witht the rest of tyhe team. I was glad that you were able to avail of the car parking here at the hotel.

Witht regards to the Television it is only the Pre Paid Movies and Music that are charegable. Normal television if free of charge.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate in contacting me directly.

Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed for one night on 28th December - the staff were lovely but the hotel is shabby and in dire need of a complete revamp. The common parts look like a cheap hostel! Our bed was comfortable but the room was tiny and the decor was very tired - especially in the bathroom where there were rusty pipes - grout missing on the floor tiles - generally well below what I would expect in any hotel - let alone a 4 star. Even though it was clean it felt grubby.

However I couldn't fault the staff and felt sorry that they didn't have a hotel of which they could feel more proud.

Dear Lipsticklula,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel on Trip Advisor. Its always a pleasure to receive feedback about a guests stay be it positive or negative.

I was glad that you found all off the staff helpful and proffessional.I will be sharing your comments with the team.

Peter Nye

Travellers are raving about these Brighton hotels