“Brighton”

Ranked #37 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Brighton”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Faded grandeur. The hotel is perfectly serviceable, but with an awkward layout and dated feeling rooms. Friendly staff and efficient service. The hotel is located on the seafront but a walk front the centre of town.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

2 Thank Matt D
GMBrighton, General Manager at Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear MattD,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback be it positive or negative.

Should i be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Peter Nye

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Korean first
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

As a frequent user of Mercure (and Accor) hotels around the world, I must say I was v. disappointed by the offering at this location and it is nowhere near the standard of other UK Mercure hotels I have stayed in. The hotel has an uncared feel and is shabby round the edges; indeed it feels like a lot of UK hotels used to feel - days I thought we'd left behind us. The TV picture was poor, the carpet in the room was worn in places, the bathroom had seen better days,

Tea and coffee were provided in the room, so I made myself a cup of coffee. I then thought a biscuit would be nice (usually provided in the room) seeing that there was nothing on the tray, I phoned down and asked if I could have a biscuit or two or a bar of chocolate, answer came back "No biscuit, only crisp" Nothing sweet? "No, only crisp."

At breakfast the next morning, they apologised that there was no hot buffet breakfast, only cold, but offered to cook anything I wanted. I asked for porridge, which took 15 minutes to be delivered, slow considering there were only two other people having breakfast. Honey to go with my porridge? Sorry, no honey. Butter for my toast? No, butter (only margarine). Judging by the guest manifest on the waitresses desk there very few people staying in the hotel and after a probably busy New Year,they had decided not to have many staff on or to re-order food supplies. Staffing levels were clearly low as I had to wait for one of the waiting staff to come out from the breakfast room to check me out.

Next time I'm in Brighton, I'll try somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jones125,

I was disappointed to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apologies in the first instance.

I have noted all your comments and will be sharing them with the relevant department heads to ensure improvements..

Peter Nye

Travellers are raving about these Brighton hotels

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Birthday weekend for my partner. The welcome gift was a bottle of Water and a small bar of chocolate, (not worth it). The breakfast was not replenished in time - DISSAPPOINTED and no reply to my complaint

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Lisa L,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at the Mercure Brighton Seafront, It is always a pleasure to receive feedback be it positive or negative.

I was disappointed to hear that you did not feel that there was value associated with your stay. I shall investigate as to what is the status of your complaint.

If i can be of further help please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

wiltshire
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Fantastic break nothing to much trouble staff excellent on first arrival at room no bath so back to check in no trouble relocated to room with bath not the best of views but I'm sure if we went back again this would of been rectified but room suited our needs would return here again with no hesitation as for parking where else in Brighton can you park for £36 for 48 hrs wonderful value thank you mercure.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
GMBrighton, General Manager at Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear PixieWiltshire,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I was glad that you were able to avail of the car parking which has become somewhat of a premium here in brighton over the past couple of years.

I am also delighted to hear that you found all the staff to be helpful ans efficient and we were able to adress any concers with a positive soluition.

Should i be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Had 2 family rooms sleeping 4 each for Fri 3rd. Staff extremely friendly and accommodating. Rooms spotlessly clean and recently refurbishe. Power-shower great. Breakfast reasonable. Car parking hassle-free. Can't complain at 57 quid per night plus breakfast

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank richbedlam
Dear Richbedlam,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel on Trip Advisor.We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay and It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services