“It's ok. Depends what you're after...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel

Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel
Ranked #36 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
London, United Kingdom
“It's ok. Depends what you're after...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Pluses are: it's on the beach, it's in a lovely old style building, the staff are very friendly, it's a chain so has a minimum standard, wifi included and worked on multiple devices. Not downsides but it was a mile hike from the main part of Brighton, popular for weddings in summer can be annoying. Depends what your after really. I worked the distance on the Sunday and went fir a really long run along the beach early morning. Brighton sure is interesting at 7am on a Sunday :)

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TalesFromLoz
GMBrighton, Manager at Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
TalesFromLoz,

The team and I would like to thank you for your feedback following your recent visit to Brighton and the hotel.

The hotel is located just a stone's throw from the beach and in the heart of Brighton making it an ideal location to enjoy all the wonderful sights that Brighton has to offer (including those that take a walk along the sea front at 7am!)

The hotel was built in 1864 and we have retained as much of the character from that time as possible whilst adding a contemporary feel also.

Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

After reading some negative reviews I was a little worried after finding out this was my "secret hotel" on lastminute.com. But I really couldn't disagree more. Staff were smiley and friendly - helpful too. Good location, nice clean room. Not too hot at all, perfect temperature - didn't need to use the fan. No noise from outside. Good powerful shower. This was perfect for my boyfriend and I, looking for somewhere central and comfortable to stay for a short getaway from London. I'm sorry to hear other people didn't have quite as good an experience.

Thank you for a lovely stay!

Room Tip: Our room was on the 3rd floor, near the back and overlooking the "courtyard" style area an...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
alis0nk1,

The team and I would like to thank you for taking the time out to provide us with your experience following your recent stay with ourselves.

I was delighted to read that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay with us and that any apprehension that you may have had prior to your stay was quickly dissolved.

The team and I take great pride in delivering a first class service to all our guests and I was delighted to read that we achieved this yet again.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a 2 night break and overall we were very satisfied, we had a few problems like we weren't given the code to the car park barrier and didn't know we needed one until we attempted to drove out for the day and got stuck at the barrier and my wife had to run round to reception. They said that they give it put on checking out which is fine if you are intending to not drive your car while you are staying, also we ordered breakfast for the next morning when we checked in and then we weren't on the list for breakfast. Apart from these few minor issues would recommend the hotel and we would stay again

Stayed August 2014
neil5133,

Thank you for taking the time out to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay.

I have noted the minor issues that you encountered during your stay and will be addressing these with the relevant departmental managers as required - I would like to thank you for bringing these to my attention.

I was delighted to note that these minor issues did not detract from your enjoyment of your stay and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Hatfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

The Mercure hotel is on the sea front in Brighton but very close to Hove what i always say the posh end of Brighton. When i checked in i had such a lovely receptionist and duty manager both made me so very welcome, i was so so very lucky as upon arrival i was upgraded to a sea view room - how nice was that. My room was just lovely clean and every thing one would ever need in a hotel room. In the morning it was a full English that was just great even a fried slice Yummy. The hotel is very clean great staff great location and at a great price to, so all you have to do is book it and i hope your enjoy as much as i did.

Room Tip: Try Room 311
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
      Rooms
1 Thank Ian J
GMBrighton, Manager at Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Ian J,

Myself and the team would like to thank you for your recent review.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the team made you welcome and comfortable throughout.

Our Sea View rooms are a popular choice and as it's the ideal way to enjoy Brighton from the comfort of your room.

We would like to thank you for your card that myself and the team received earlier today - really did make our day!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Fareham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I had a fantastic stay at Mercure, Brighton last weekend. After reading some reviews I was having second thoughts but decided to go and give it a try. Thank goodness I went ahead as the location was perfect, the room was perfect, very clean and with a fantastic view. The staff were friendly, helpful and always cheerful and nothing was too much trouble. The food was delicious in the restaurant and bar. The breakfast was amazing offering everything you could want, beautifully cooked. I look forward to returning sometime soon!

Room Tip: Room 212 was lovely.
      Location
      Sleep Quality
565HughesH,

The team and I would like to thank you for your review.

The hotel is located in the heart of Brighton and is only a stone's throw from the beach and the Pier.

The team and I take great pride in delivering a first class service to all our guests and with breakfast being the most important meal of the day we ensure that there is a plentiful choice each morning and that you are spoilt for choice.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Giessen, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed here for one night and will not come back.

Where to start?
When we arrived there was no parking available although the side says that they have some. So we parked something like 500 meters away and carried our luggage across.
It took 5 minutes for the staff to realize there is someone that wants to check in although there was no queue and anything else.
The room was extremely warm (25°C) and hasn't had air condition. So only way to cool down was to open the windows. That may work in the early evening, but as soon as you want to watch TV or sleep, its by far to noisy. Even closing the Windows didn't really help the noise.
Breakfast was very poor as well. The room wasn't nice, the staff (4 of them) were grouping in one corner talking very badly about the hotel, attitude and stuff they have to do and don't like. So I felt like, "Where am I here?"
I am traveling a lot and have seen a lot already, this was one of my worst experiences.

Room Tip: Rooms to the beach are extremely noisy and warm during summer.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Christoph H
GMBrighton, Manager at Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Christoph H,

I would like to thank you for your recent feedback.

The hotel does have limited car parking and is based on a first come first served basis. Luggage assistance can be arranged with the Reception Team throughout the day.

I would like to apologise for your wait at check in and I share this with the Reception Team to ensure that this is not repeated in the future.

I would like to thank you for your feedback.

Operations Manager

Travellers are raving about these Brighton hotels