“The most amazing Thai food”
Review of Tookta's Thai Food

Tookta's Thai Food
Ranked #17 of 1,313 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$13 - US$19
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Tookta's authentic Thai Food restaurant offers cuisine of a high standard ,many dishes originating from my own contemporary style ideas and recipes. A family friendly restaurant , Tookta's caters for everyone. Spicy, mild, the lot. The customer is our number one priority and Tookta cooks to satisfy everyone's tastes. With a lifetime experience of fine thai food, which some of you may have already encountered. Tookta is expert in using only fresh ingredients of the highest quality available. So Come along to Tookta's and experience the fine, Thai cuisine for yourself!
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here a number of times over the last few years - perhaps once every couple of months. It is singularly my favourite restaurant in Brighton. I was fortunate enough to spend a few months in Thailand when I was 19 - but Tookta’s food is better than anything I had there in all that time. She is an absolutely brilliant cook. My whole family think so - and whenever we have guests we always aim to bring them here. Her crispy squid and Penang curry are particular favourites - they are stunning. Service also excellent. If you are in Brighton, this is an absolute must.

2  Thank Sunburnt_Note

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Having has a miserable service experience at the number one Indian the night before, we entered the number one Thai with some trepidation, totally unfounded.
This is a tiny back street location, the couple a Brit front of house and his Thai partner cooking have been together 18 years, this is a well oiled machine.
We had one of the best spicy squids we have ever eaten, soft flesh, beautifully seasoned. The mains again trumpeted the quality of the base ingredients, huge lovely juicy King Prawns and the best cut of Rump. The normal challenge with Thai we have is tough cheap meat and small prawns which go hard quickly, and here it was simply outstanding especially when you add the vegetables, seasoning and spice to complete the dishes.
Only two comments, it is small, it was a pleasant June evening and was very hot inside as the kitchen is open, and secondly there is a tiny wine selection, we had asked to take our own which we do most places at home, and pay £10 corkage so we would both have been winners, but no go, so I had Fanta, and my wife a glass of very average white wine. Flexibility here would have made them more profit. However still a 5 star experience

2  Thank WineHighlander
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

10/10 great authentic food and warm atmosphere. Owner very friendly and genuine. Always a memorable experience here. Far and away the best Thai food in Sussex. Will always come back!

1  Thank James C
Reviewed 12 June 2018

Food was fantastic (we had red curry, prawn starter and an egg noodle dish, all of which were delicious). The couple running the restaurant were both extremely friendly and inviting with a top attitude. Food was served quickly and arrived hot, and we would certainly go again and recommend to friends.

1  Thank Tom G
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Found the restaurant on Trip Advisor and though we should take a visit. Booked a table for Saturday night with a friend.
Starters of prawn crackers, prawn on toast, vegetable spring rolls and Thai style fish cakes were all delicious and very tasty.
For main I had the stir fried noodles with chicken, I asked for number 2 on heat and again stunning, my fiend enjoyed the dark soy noodles too.
A cold bottle of Sauvignon Blanc washed it all down.
Delicious food and we will definitely be back.
Small restaurant with about 22 covers so recommend to book as people were turned away who didn’t have a reservation.
Friendly staff and we sat for over two hours without feeling rushed.
A little gem.