“Very nice room in fantastic location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Topps

Topps
Ranked #28 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Very nice room in fantastic location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

Stayed 2 nights in top floor 'superior double' room, which was small but very tastefully decorated. Nice bathroom too. Location was great, a minute from the beach, and near loads of restaurants and bars. No tea or coffee making facilities in the room but there are downstairs. Hotel is very clean and well presented, overall very pleased. Staff were v friendly.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Warwick
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

We never actually got to stay here as on a day trip to Brighton we decided to stay the night, using LateRooms.com we found this hotel and so I called to book it, I was advised that for 3 adults it would be £100, I specifically asked if there were any extra costs involved and was told no that would be the cost of our stay and was sent a confirmation number. After struggling to find somewhere to park and twenty angry minutes later we walked to the hotel and was confronted with some steep steps, which being disabled I struggled with, again I had asked if there were any mobility problems and was told no (yes I will be leaving a review on LateRooms). When we finally went to check in I was told the bill would be £125 which doesn't sound much more but I didn't have the funds for that, I argued that I had confirmation of the price but was told if I looked at the confirmation email then I would se the extra £25 for the third person, they wouldn't accept that I was told this wasn't so but were told to pay or leave so we left. With 2 stroppy tired teenageers I had to drive home, arriving at 1am. After checking the Laterooms email it seems I was right, it should've been £100, so if I'd had the funds I would've paid as it would've been preferable to driving home. So double check the prices you are given.

Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Lindsay Y

Travellers are raving about these Brighton hotels

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

Not cheap... but in Brighton so thats to be expected I guess
Room 72 (I think) 2nd on right as you go in.
Very nice reception. Room was gorgeous. Not big but very tasteful and classy.
Shower was a 'mist' type shower... hardly feel the water... not my favourtie type.
Didn't understand why it made a point of saying 'no air conditioning' on the booking page. Now I understand. Room fan had to stay on most of night as it was incredibly hot. No air circulation and if you opened the window it opened on to another facing window (few feet away).
When reservation confirmation said it is sometimes noisy, I assumed it meant with party goers etc. as the room was near the front door. However the problem was, as it no doubt has partition/stud walls, that they are paper thin! Noise from other rooms, the fan when it was on and also the reception night staff (who had a cough!) kept me awake just about all night. probably the worst night sleep I've ever had (or not had).
Perhaps if you have another room with real walls, then it would be okay.
Extremely convenient for car park opposite (though cost us £12) and the square is on the sea front.... It was just the thin walls that ruined it all. Beware.

Room Tip: ask for an original room.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sarah040860
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

We stayed here last weekend parked in the car park in the square which is £12.50 for 24 hours. Reception area is clean and modern. Room was on the 3rd floor big room nice wooden floor and furniture. Bathroom was modern and clean loads of hot water. Price is about right for a room only hotel overall very impressed. Would stay again!

Room Tip: Deluxe doubles are all refurbished pick these!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

Came to this hotel with my boyfriend for the weekend. The room was very nice, nice and spacious and was even better than in the photos. Bed was comfy, we didn't find it noisey and slept well. we were able to leave our bags after we checked out, and had no problems.only bad point - shower was pretty rubbish. I would stay here again,location was perfect for everything, however I felt the price at £120 per night was a bit high, although we did stay over a bank holiday.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

We had a nice weekend at Topps in Brighton. We booked a basic room and had no problems. The service was great, we even overslept and didn't leave til after noon and our room was still cleaned. Nice location in regency square about 10 minute walk from the lanes and the pier. Had a great time.

• Stayed August 2011
Chichester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

beware .... valuables go missing from your room beware

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank littleminx1210
ToppsBrighton, Manager at Topps, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
This is an insurance scum. The writer tried but failed to get insurance for item allegedly lost whilst staying at Topps