“What a brilliant idea!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 1,098 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wine and Beer
Description: Iydea is a small and very busy express vegetarian canteen right in the heart of Brighton's North Laine area. All the food is freshly made and is on display so you can choose only what you want to go on your plate or to take away. There is an extensive breakfast menu from 9:30 every morning which changes to the lunch menu at 11:30 (12:00 Sundays). Iydea does get very busy and cramped so best to avoid peak times if you want a little more space and comfort.
Eye, United Kingdom
“What a brilliant idea!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Eating lunch has never been easier! Queue up for a few minutes while perusing the options and then for a clearly displayed price to either eat in or take out you choose 2 veg and 2 sauces with your main option. And what lovely options! Vegetarian food can be so exciting and colourful. The place was buzzing and many people just got take-out else there just would not have been room. The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. And if the proof is in the eating of the pudding then my meat-eating husband's clean plate and rave reviews should be enough. He said if all veggie food tasted like that he might consider vegetarianism. What more can I say?

• Visited August 2014

• Korean first
Southampton, United Kingdom
“oh yessss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

initially the menu seemed puzzling but the people were very helpful and pointed out the choices to us . I made my choices and carried them to a table.

As a vegetarian cafe the food is REALLY REALLY good. there was something to suit every taste. I had spicy food at last ..

There was a large choice of beverages.

A good choice for me . there were also vegan choices too.

The only down side is that the toilets are down some very steep stairs, clean though which was good.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
gosport
“Fabulous food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Having arrived early we looked for someplace to have breakfast and came upon this lovely place . The food was delicious , I had the mushroom, avocado and tomato stir fry on toast but as I am coeliac the lovely girl came over and told me that the gluten free bread was toasted in the same toaster as normal bread and did I wish to have something else. I asked to have just the stir fry and after checking that the hash browns where gluten free she asked if I would like a couple of those instead. I also had the carrot,ginger and apple juice which tasted lovely with a kick from the ginger. My husband had a small breakfast and loved the sausage and smokey beans . The service and food where second to none and I thoroughly enjoyed my visit. If you want to eat good food then make sure to head straight here . Thank you to all the staff !

Visited July 2014
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
“vegan/vegetarian heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Very creative, different tastes for everyone.
Fantastic place.. Often very busy.. They are so famous it is hard to get a table sometimes but they do take away..
P.s : the difference in price to eat in is a bit too high..
Sue

Visited July 2014
Newport, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Both being new to veggie dishes, we both loved this small cafe. It's great to sit in the midst of the North Laine and watch the people go by. We didn't bother having our hotel breakfast when staying in Brighton as we ate here for breakfast both days we were here. The juices were fantastic too. Friendly, filling and good hearty honest food. I wish there was one in Cardiff. Great job guys.

• Visited July 2014