“YUMMY YUM-YUM!!!”

Breeze Brasserie
Ranked #57 of 1,133 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A contemporary restaurant with a menu to suit all tastes and budgets, combining English, French and Italian cuisine. Comfortable seating, in a relaxed warm setting located in the heart of Brighton. Just a few minutes walk from the train station, and 1 minute from closest car park (trafalgar st car park). Serving cocktails seven days a week, as well a good range of beer and wine, and of course our comprehensive breakfast, lunch and dinner menu. Serving our award winning roast every Sunday as well.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“YUMMY YUM-YUM!!!”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I've eaten at Breeze twice now. After my first excellent experience there a few months ago I knew I'd be in safe hands if I took a date there. On my first visit (with a friend), we had mussels for starters and they were finger-licking great with a delicious wine-and-garlic combo sauce. For main course I ordered the pork belly and my friend ordered the lamb miele. As both dishes were brought to the table they both looked and smelt so delicious that we ended up sharing. The food was superb. On my second visit (last week, with a date) I went for spicy prawns and my lady friend chose calamari. Again, we ended up sharing because it was impossible not to. The spicy prawns are some kind of culinary masterpiece, the sauce is incredible - sweet and tangy - and the prawns themselves were fresh and succulent. Compliments to the chef. We also had a slice of some kind of chocolate heaven for pudding which went down a treat. The value of all of this was also somewhat unbelievable and on both occasions I was surprised at how low the bill was. The service is great. A charming man who I can only presume was the manager or head waiter came over and gave my my date a free passion fruit juice cocktail, which was cool. (He didn't give me a free drink, but then again my date was prettier than me.) Another great thing about Breeze is the location, bang in the centre of Brighton and a stone's throw from the train station, yet still overlooking the small, pretty, park-like Pelham Square opposite, thereby giving it a semi-scenic view despite being so urban. When a group of friends visited from Wales recently and asked me where I'd recommend they should go for dinner it was a no-brainer, I had no hesitation in recommending Breeze. They told me afterwards that it was the best meal they'd had out in ages and one of them actually said it was the best steak he'd ever had in his life. So there you go. Top marks all-round.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Yummy B

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Simply fantastic”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Booked a table for Saturday night as we knew we would be arriving hungry and wanted something to look forward to. We were greeted by a lovely waiter who continued to be doting all evening. Started off by ordering a bottle of wine and warm camembert. Just as our taste buds were cooling off our mains arrived: pork belly for hubby and the spicy salmon for myself. Hubby is still obsessing over the pork belly as it was one of the most amazing things we have ever eaten. How the pork was that tender on the inside and with such a lovely crackling on the top is incomprehensible! It was amazing. My salmon was also very good and the sides that came with the meals delightful. Dessert also was fantastic - we shared the banoffee pie but I could have eaten it on my own!! It had a nice crust and was topped with the perfect amount of chocolate. We were really happy with the meal and will return to Brighton just for the pork belly in the future.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank foodie_wanderlust
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top Notch”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Four of my friends were down from south Wales visiting last weekend and I was charged with the task of picking the restaurant to dine at on the Friday evening.
Previous excursions into this realm have not been met with universal approval - especially after the now infamous a la carte incident in Edinburgh where we shelled out c.£300 of our rugby weekend budget on one minuscule meal.
I can safely say that after dining at Breeze that I scored a well-deserved equaliser in picking this venue.
The mood, atmosphere and service/friendliness of the staff were all excellent. We were treated almost like old friends and the waiter made sure our glass was never empty for long.
The food was exquisite and surprisingly well-priced.
I asked one of my mates for a quote and he said: "I've eaten steak a thousand times but never had one like that at Breeze. Absolutely delicious and the staff were brilliant."
Another of the guys asked if we could go again the next night.
I honestly cannot recommend this place highly enough!

1 Thank Snood17
London, United Kingdom
“Weekend Lunch”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

What a warm welcome, smiling staff, warm interiors, and a fantastic table overlooking the streets and a pretty garden square.
The food was delicious, best burger I've had in a long time and chunky chips on the side.
We also ordered the falafel burger, and the belly pork, which I'm told was delicious! So much so, I didn't even get offered a taste!
Would definately come back here again and again.
YUM!

“delicious breakfast”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Been there only once, but would definitely recommend this place. We had vegetarian breakfast, which was very very tasty and absolutely delicious eggs royal. The place has very warm and cozy feeling. Girl serving our table has been extremely charming.