“Nice place and good value”
Review of Breeze Brasserie

Breeze Brasserie
Ranked #57 of 1,173 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$7 - US$27
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A contemporary restaurant with a menu to suit all tastes and budgets, combining English, French and Italian cuisine. Comfortable seating, in a relaxed warm setting located in the heart of Brighton. Just a few minutes walk from the train station, and 1 minute from closest car park (trafalgar st car park). Serving cocktails seven days a week, as well a good range of beer and wine, and of course our comprehensive breakfast, lunch and dinner menu. Serving our award winning roast every Sunday as well.
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Ì went on a Sunday lunch time with my family and we had the Sunday roast. It was excellent in terms of quality and quantity. The children's menu is good as well. I found the service to be a little slow as the place wasn't very busy. I
would go again without hesitation and would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Breeze is easily one of my favourite restaurants in Brighton and I have returned again and again.

The food is excellent and I am pretty picky. The service is always outstanding and they carry a healthy cocktail menu which is well worth exploring. Best Espresso Martini I have had in a long time.

The menu is extensive, varied and caters for most tastes. The pork belly with chorizo mash is amazing!

Pick here for dinner with friends, date night, birthday meals, anything, you wont be disappointed.

5  Thank Alex A
Reviewed 29 July 2014

If you're in the area this place is an absolute 'must'.

On first impressions it looks and feels somewhere between contemporary and trendy, gorgeous. The kind of place you can take your other half and impress, equally take friends or family out with the same result (probably not young kids though). we were a little disappointed having choose from the 'set menu' before we arrived (online) we were informed that it's only available for parties of 5 or more - I'd advise mentioning that online before advertising it on the net. fortunately the main menu was pretty much the same price with a great selection of dishes so no problem in the end.

What sets this apart is a few things. The food really is outstanding. Portions sizes are very generous which can sometimes let brassieres down. Value for money is top notch, despite being 'down south'. of course there is a 10% service charge (even for 2) but that's to be expected.

so onto the food. as I mentioned earlier portions are generous and presentation is excellent. on balance and in comparison to everything else I was probably a little disappointed with my 'chilli squid' for starter. I didn't think the menu described it particularly well. no mention of rocket, although there was heaps of it and I thought it was more of a 'squid salad with cous cous'. Far too much spring onion too as my mouth is still full of it the morning after brushing my teeth! incidentally the squid was cooked to perfection. although the dish wasn't to my taste you could tell there was a lot of skill that went into making it and cooking squid just right is not easy. the other half had the falafel salad which was amazing. the falafel like it came from a specialist Moroccan restaurant, excellent.

now we're warmed up, onto the main courses which were what I could only describe as world class (baring in mind a few months ago we were in a 2 star Michelin restaurant!). I had lamb miele, which was a bed of seasonal roast veg, a chessy type mash and topped with sliced lamb rump (and some sort of red wine jus?). on balance this is one of the best mains I've had anywhere. the lamb was gorgeous but somehow overshadowed by the excellence of the veg and mash. the dish could have done with a bit more of the jus but that's probably just my preference.

Other half had salmon and asparagus risotto. there was loads of it and again it was outstanding. she usually has risottos when we go out hence being dubbed the 'risotto queen'. she thought this was the best she ever had which is no mean feat. the best bits were that laced in a kind of basil juice (note to chef - I'd be as generous as you can be with that!). it was full of fresh salmon chunks mixed into the risotto so that every mouth full had some. for £9.95 one of the best value dishes I've ever come across (and I'm not a fan of risottos!).

the only real gripe was with the 'cola' which was pretty expensive for what was cheap and nasty stuff - not coca cola. I should have told them but completely forgot as I was lavished all over the main courses! there's a good selection of cocktails if you're that way inclined. peroni on draft is also on offer but don't expect a real ale!

we didn't get to try dessert as having settled on the one we wanted, we were told they'd ran out when they came to take our order. a little bug bear of mine - please tell people when you give them the menu what you've ran out of so that we don't get our heart set on it!

service was ok. considering they weren't very busy could have been slightly more attentive (towards the end of the night we found ourselves waiting to ask for the bill and then pay afterwards). probably being a bit harsh as throughout the night they were generally pretty good and pleasant.

in summary definitely a few little areas to improve on as mentioned but this chef is extremely skilful with some delightful dishes. the value for money for this kind of quality is outstanding. 100% a 5 star trip rating!

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

My partner and I often come here for lunch and are never disappointed, the staff is lovely and the food always delicious. I would especially recommended their egg Benedicte for breakfast or the chicken breast on the bone for lunch Lovely! The environment also reminds me of a European brasserie, high ceilings and airy spacious rooms, very funky. Highly recommended it

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Took best friend for her 50th as recommended by 3 separate friends (one from Czech Republic) that this was THE best meal in Brighton.........they were right.

Max (the owner) and his two fellow staff were attentive, food had such great flavours particularly the Breeze burger (great fries!!). Max then recommended a family cocktail bar, HAVANA in town, very classy for that end of evening drinkie!!!!!!

Do check out Breeze....great couples night out and so excellent for your stag and hen parties!!