“All style and no content, left a bad taste.”
Review of 24 St Georges - CLOSED

24 St Georges
Price range: US$27 - US$116
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We no longer use bookatable for reservations please go to our web site to book.
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I was really looking forward to this meal after looking at the menu on line. We chose the menu de marche but the venison had been replaced by pork and that was disappointing. The amuse buche was delicious but it went downhill from there. My husband had a ballontine to start with which was sloppy and tasteless and I had over smoked mackerel , possibly by using smoke essence. The pork which followed was okay,but just that.with hot plates and luke warm food I had a chocolate dessert that was too sweet to eat with a white chocolate sorbet that was quite awful. My husband had the pear dessert which had little flavour. The meal was completed by the worst expresso i have ever had the misfortune to taste and I was desperate for coffee to take away the taste of the desert.. The waitress had asked for feedback on the desert and when we said we were unhappy they offered, in fairness, to reduce the bill. My main complaint is that on their website the menu offered is better than the menu in the restaurant and although they said they would change their website a week later they have still not done so.

4  Thank janet M

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Lovely welcome, dining with a couple of friends - service was absolutely perfect, lovely pace. Excellent menu, I had scallops to start followed by the chicken and turbot, it was awesomely yum, every tiny quality ingredient cooked to perfection ! Remise en Couche - wow! superb. Lovely intimate, convivial atmosphere. I had given up hope of finding somewhere we could entertain friends coming down to Brighton but now we are saved. Keep doing what you are doing guys.... zang! Just hope this review doesn't cause you to get too flooded!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This place is amazing.

The first thing that we noticed was the atmosphere – cosy, classy and friendly.

The staffs were brilliant, very welcoming and comfortable.

The food was spectacular – so many distinctive, incredible flavours to each dish.

I would highly recommend based on the great experience that we had, and I think it is important that such outstanding local, independent, restaurants get the recognition that they deserve.

A lovely restaurant for a special occasion and can’t wait to visit again!!

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Visited the restaurant on a Saturday evening in November after booking a couple of weeks before. As soon as we walked through the door we were greeted with a warm friendly welcome and made to feel at home. Being able to choose from a selection of tables was a nice touch as it allowed us to either be part of the main restaurant or in a quieter area at the back. Service was attentive throughout but not too much like some restaurants. The food was excellent. My wife had the squash ravioli to start which was extremely flavoursome and I had scallops cooked to perfection. Main courses of plaice and pork belly were also excellent. There was just enough room for desserts and with a couple of bottles of wine, the bill came and was extremely reasonable when compared with other high end restaurants. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We were a party of four on a rainy Saturday night in October. From the minute I made contact via the online booking facility I felt that the evening was going to be good. Adam was very accommodating and super friendly. The menu was seasonal and exciting, We loved the amuse bouches and we especially loved the apperitiff. Portions are elegant so you should find room for the excellent desserts, best enjoyed with a glass sherry. Service is friendly and not over bearing.
A lovely evening was had by all.

1  Thank CarolineHove