“Truly wonderful!!!!”

No. 27 Brighton Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Wow where to start?! We have just arrived home from a two night stay at this superb B&B. My wife and I try to visit Brighton at least once a month for a break, so we have stayed in many B&B's over the last three years. We really have sampled the good the bad and the vile! Never before have we sampled excellent!
We arrived early to a very warm welcome from Alan.We were able to leave our bags and were given a time that we could return, much earlier than the stated check in time.
When we went back to check in we were welcomed by both Alan and Ollie, all I can say is it was like meeting up with old friends. As a lesbian couple it is with some trepidation that you book a room in a male run B&B, some (not all) can be a little 'aloof' shall we say with the females of the gay community. How wrong we were to be concerned! The warmth that exudes
from these chaps is just lovely.
Our room (room 2) was stunning, the cleanliness exceptional. I am a terrible clean freak and had there been a speck of dust, I would of found it! Crisp clean linen, immaculate bathroom with walk in shower/wet room. The attention to detail second to none, all delivered in the 'best possible taste'
Breakfast was served in our beautiful room, dressed in the lovely white cotton bathrobes that are to be found hanging in the antique wardrobe it was a very decadent affair. The menu choice was more than adequate. we opted for the cooked breakfast and my goodness we were very pleased that we did. It was sublime! Not greasy, not too much. Just perfect and at a time that we could choose.
It was our mistake that we did not find time to chat with our hosts properly until we were leaving, what lovely gents they are. despite being in the middle of serving breakfast Ollie insisted on taking our bags out to the car, taking the time to ask if we had enjoyed our stay.
Would we visit again? In a heartbeat! We have booked to visit Brighton again for a week in March sadly we have already booked another hotel.
Exceptional is the word to sum up this little Gem. We will be back!
Thank you gentlemen for a perfect stay.

1  Thank ClareB-P

Reviewed 14 February 2012

This is our fourth stay at No 27, and once again the standards are better than you would find in many top class hotels. The attention to detail that the owners Allan and Ollie apply are first class.
There welcoming manner and overall friendliness make any stay here an enyoyable one. Breakfast most certainly puts other establishments in the shade, Allan and Ollies pesonal touch is reflected in every area of your stay, from the decor to the food.
Certainly shall be returning.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Upon entering the room you are greeted by crisp white linens and rustic details like the wooden side tables and lamps make the suites very inviting and cozy.
How absolutely wonderful to not have to wake up at 6am to enjoy a perfectly delicious breakfast cooked by none other than our hosts Alan & Ollie. The walls of this quaint establishment are adorned with interesting art and decor, and the airy and light dining room makes for a delectable visual feast as you enjoy a full english breakfast to the sounds of sinatra on an old transistor radio. modern touches like free wifi and ipod docks make the crossover between the old and new irresistable. Our stay was truly memorable and most relaxing and we look forward to returning to 27 in the very near future.
Keith Fernandez
Dubai, U.A.E

Reviewed 12 February 2012

A trip full of firsts; first time visiting Brighton, first time staying in a B&B and first time seeing Katherine Jenkins. I was certainly not disappointed on all accounts.

If your looking for somewhere to stay in Brighton quite simply you must book with 27!

Even before arriving I had had a text from Alan and Ollie to let me know when my room would be ready and even gave me details of which bus to hop onto which certainly makes the daunting prospect of navigating a new city less stressful!

On arrival I was greeted by Alan who instantly made me feel welcome and soon had me checked in and started showing me a few things to-do in Brighton. Alan and Ollie soon had me felling 'at home' after a delightful welcome by both.

Room 1 is small and cosy, perfect for a solo traveller with an en-suite and all the facilities you would expect including a bathrobe, something I never had with a Hilton!! Tastefully decorated, clean and a stick of rock on the pillow is a nice touch too.

Breakfast was served in the beautiful dinning room along with Ollie's impeccable service offering fresh yoghurt, cereals, juice, tea and a fabulous cooked breakfast whipped up by Alan. The cooked breakfast was well portioned, fresh and very tasty.

Alan kindly allowed to me leave my luggage at the B&B on my last day providing a key so I could come back whenever I needed, giving me freedom to have a final wander around an amazing city before heading home.

I was very glad to have booked a B&B rather than a faceless hotel and what clearly sets this B&B apart is the fantastic and charming service. Alan and Ollie both recommending places to eat, places to see and taking a genuine interest in my stay in Brighton.

Hoping to get back to Brighton in the Summer and will definitely be booking with 27 again, if there is room at the inn!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I was only in Brighton for one night and stayed at 27. This is a lovely B&B. My room was small but perfect and ensuite which you don’t always have the luxury of in a B&B. The bed was really comfortable. Breakfast was great and the hosts Alan and Ollie were so friendly and helpful, they are what makes this B&B special.

Its a few minutes walk to the seafront and about ten minutes to the pier.

I would not hesitate to stay here again if im back in Brighton.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We booked this place for a New Year's Eve trip to Brighton on the strength of the reviews, and I'm happy to say that it was everything we hoped for, and more.

From the moment you arrive it's clear a lot of effort has gone into making the B&B as welcoming as possible to everyone. The attention to detail was superb, and the service was second to none. I can't really add much else except to echo every other positive comment that has been left.

Thanks to Alan and Ollie for a great stay, and we'll definitely be back next time we're in Brighton.

Room Tip: Room 5 has a separate private toilet on the floor below. Not a problem for us, but if you have diff...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bftnc
Reviewed 5 January 2012

my boyfriend and i stayed at 27 in august of 2011 but ive been so busy i regretfully didnt write a review before now, the place itself was lovely and we recieved a very warm welcome apon arrival, the room was very clean and well decorated and it is in a great part of brighton, close to the shops, pier and train station. Alan and Ollie are lovely people who cannot do enough for there guests, i would definatly choose to stay here again if visiting brighton and i will be recommeding to anyone goin to brighton. Thank you so much for making are first (but definatly not last) trip to brighton an amazing one

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple