“Sorry - have to disagree with the negative comments”
Review of Kaydees Place

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We went in on spec today. Ordered food off the fixed price lunch £8.95 for 2 courses £10.95 for 3. For starters I had the feta salad and my husband had the mushrooms. Both were fine and believe me, I have tasted a lot worse mushrooms. The main courses we had were fish and chips and sea bass. The cod was very good, just right, not overloaded with batter. Both fish and my veg were cooked perfectly. Because we had gone for the cheaper lunch my sea bass fillet was not very large - I know sea bass is expensive, but it meant I had room for the rather nice carrot cake as a third course for only £2.00. Thought it was good value for money.

The place was clean and tidy, and for the record the toilets were impressively spotless with soap supplied. I was surprised by the earlier comment about the toilets, we visited trip advisor after our meal so had no preconceptions of the restaurant.

My only negative comment is that my husband was looking forward to a bottle of real ale, but there was unfortunately none in stock.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

I was recommended to Kaydee's Place by a friend and was very disappointed. The seating in the front section of the restaurant was worn and torn and the waiter suffered from a bad case of BO which was very unpleasant. My sea bass was cooked to a crisp and the whole restaurant only had one other table filled. Word had obviously got out about this place. We won't be returning.

1  Thank SussexJudith
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Nice food, friendly staff and good location near sea front.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

On first appearances, Kaydees (sic) is bright and modern, but the back area near the bar is dingy and a bit grubby, as are the plastic-coated menus. The banquette seating is badly torn and dirty, and the whole place looks like it needs a good clean. Worse still, the toilets, situated downstairs, were filthy and smelly, and there was no toilet paper, soap or hot water. I brought this to the attention of a female staff member but she pretended she didn't understand English and shrugged. I dread to think what the kitchen is like if the toilets are this poorly maintained.

We visited at 9.30 on a Saturday night, but there were only a couple of other tables occupied, so it felt a bit soulless. We only ordered pizzas and soft drinks, which arrived quite quickly. Pizzas were crispy but toppings were bland and tasteless. We won't be returning.

2  Thank beckysimms
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We dined on a Saturday night around 7pm - catching the end of a sitting of familes with young children, and when we were finishing up a party of 30 women on a hen do were piling in for a meal.

A two chourse meal - the food was very disappointing. My seafood spaghetti was overcooked - the bulk purchase "marinara mix" had been over stewed making the mini octopus and prawns like rubber. Lettuce was limp and gret, and garlic mushrooms on toast was in reality a cup of boiled musrooms with a wee broth in a cup, and then a large crouton on the side. Ordered a calzone without mushrooms, waiter delivered the meal (including mushrooms) - and their excuse was "the chef didn't read the ticket until after it was made"

Whilst the service wasn't bad (I would go as far as to say they may have been rushed off their feet as the restaurant was full), it wasn't attentive - food brought out first, without cutlery etc.

I don't think I'd dine there again I'm afraid.

1  Thank SimBuc