“I really enjoyed my visit”
Review of The Chilli Pickle

The Chilli Pickle
Ranked #53 of 1,189 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$9 - US$37
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Having worked abroad for several years, husband & wife team Alun and Dawn Sperring returned to Brighton to find it in the grip of an enthusiasm for Indian food. They found the perfect spot in the cobbled lanes amongst the jewellery and antique shops of Meeting House Lane. The Chilli Pickle gradually but inexorably gained its reputation through word of mouth. As guests returned again and again, we knew that Brighton was ready for an authentic but distinctive experience of Indian cuisine. We gathered together an expert team of chefs with specialisms in a variety of Indian regional cuisines, and our own style became increasingly defined. After two and a half years at Meeting House Lane an unmissable opportunity came our way: a move underneath My Hotel. We're now an established presence on the Brighton culinary trail, but we haven't lost the drive to surprise you with new flavours, now approaching our 10 year anniversary we are very proud of what we have achieved.
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We went to the restaurant at lunchtime on the recommendation of friends. I am so glad that we did. The set meal at £13.50 offered a selection of different indian dishes served on a single tray and represented good value for money. The service was very good at the start of the lunchtime sitting but got more stretched as more and more people arrived to eat.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,071)

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Best Indian food I have eaten in this country. Great place, great service, great food. There is nothing more to say, just go there yourself and see! I would say it is good for families, couples friends, business and solo visitors

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We had a very pleasant Sunday lunch here, good Indian food served well in a modern friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

My husband and I enjoyed an amazing lunch at this restaurant. The staff were superbly efficient and caring. The food was authentic and extremely tasty. Will highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My wife and I visited this restaurant on impulse when we were looking for a quick bit before the comedy club. I think we were lucky to get in and we were more than a little surprised... The service was prompt, the menu was innovative and the quality and presentation of the food was excellent. I have visited India 5-6 times in the past year and can honestly say this is the best food I have had outside of India itself. We'll be back for sure.

1  Thank Les B