“Great Holiday Inn In A Great Position”

Holiday Inn Brighton - Seafront
Ranked #23 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Billericay, United Kingdom
“Great Holiday Inn In A Great Position”
Reviewed 29 August 2012

PLEASE HIT THE HELPFUL BUTTON IF THIS REVIEW WAS HELPFUL TO YOU - THANK YOU

1. Parking underneath hotel at a cost of just under £20 per day - we stayed one night and found this convenient.
2. Lovely hotel - all area's clean and bright - although central was nice and quiet
3. Reception staff helpful and polite
4. Room was very clean - small bathroom - tv needs an upgrade, not what I would expect from the Holiday Inn - too small, not flatscreen and the picture was a bit fuzzy.
5. FREE INTERNET!! Very quick too.
6. Did not use the restaurant or bar but peeped into the breakfast room - usual Holiday Inn food - expected a little more choice from this seemingly upmarket hotel.
7. Very near to main shopping areas - few mins walk - and is on seafront
8. Lovely Italian restaurant opposite (Alfresco) pricey but well worth it
9. Cinema a few mins walk away
10. Would def stay again

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
BHTSF_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brighton - Seafront, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Many thanks for your feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Brighton – Seafront
It is great to hear how you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and I thank you for highlighting the many great attributes that we have to offer.
Kindest Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
manchester
Reviewed 28 August 2012

i have stayed in this hotel on a number of occasions and have previously found it to be excellent.i have just had a four day break in brighton and booked this hotel on a special pre pay deal which was quite reasonable at 120 per night for bb&em for the two of us.what has happened to this hotel?.the staff wernt very attentive the furnishings in the bar/lounge would have looked grubby in a doss house and the general cleanliness of the public area was a disgrace.when my partner mentioned to the duty manager that there was a lot of rubbish and mess on the bar balcony area she was greeted with well it wont go anywhere we will sort it out.the rubbish was still there 36 hours later.it seems that maybe costs have been cut at holiday inns but it is the front of house area that is suffering and i was a little disappointed.to be fair the rooms were well presented as usual .the breakfast was good(self service and plenty to choose from) but i found the dinner menu very limited.the choice wasnt outstanding and i found myself struggling to choose anything other than the specials menu which wasnt always to my choice.i did complain a couple of times about cold food but i never really got the apology i expected.the hotel is fantastically located right on the sea front and 10 mins from the city centre but i felt a little disappointed at the whole stay.the place has become tired and the staff disinterested.come on holiday inns buck your ideas up

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
It is great to hear how you have visited the hotel on several occasions and that you were able to benefit from one of the great deals we have to offer.
Should you visit the hotel in the future please speak with the team on duty in the restaurant should there not be anything you like on the menus, the kitchen team will always accommodate your requests as long as they have the ingredients within their department.
Bristol
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I have stayed here serveral times over the last few years, one thing is consistent - you never know quite what to expect in the quality of the room. The location is convenient and there is an underground car park, though check the price before you commit

I have never manged to get a sea facing room though did once get a fleeting glimpse if I strained my head out the window. This time I had no such luck. The room was dated but did have a big bed (after I asked for the 2 beds to be made in to one - had booked a 'king'). The bathroom had undergone a recent refurb and had a great power shower. The room had a nice new carpet but there were signs of water damage on the ceiling - they had made some effort to patch up. The TV was about 25 years old and had a terrible picture. At least I could open the window as well as the option of aircon.

The next morning breakfast was adequate though hard to get a decent cup of tea. I was glad of being on the first floor when the fire alarm went off. I went out in the corridor and asked the maid if it was for real, she said 'yes' as she carried on with her bundle of towels in the opposite direction to the fire escape (could this be a regular occurrence?)!

Fine for one night if you are not planning to spend much time in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbed roon
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
It is great to hear how you have visited the hotel on several occasions however have not had a seaview. As I am sure you appreciate it is very difficult to ensure all of our guests experience a sea view, we do have bedrooms facing all directions and therefore only a limited number are sea facing, Our bar and lounge area as well as our Garden restaurant and terrace areas do however boast these spectacular views
We do have a very robust system within the hotel with regards to a repairs as well as a pro active maintenance programme to ensure that all of the rooms are maintained to the Holiday Inn standard as well as being checked by the Housekeeping & maintenance supervisory team.
With regards to the fire evacuation our systems for use in the hotel are regularly maintained to the highest standard in accordance with all current and relevant legislation. Following the activation of the alarm system we ask all of our guests to evacuate the hotel until the fire brigade have attended, an evacuation route is highlighted in each individual room. We do however arrange a fire alarm test on a weekly basis which is communicated to the team and guests, and is the only reason one of our team would not evacuate the hotel.
Reviewed 26 August 2012

This was last minute.com secret hotel! We booked a double, received a twin room. Hotel put it right and put us in what we thought was a double, however when we got to bed we worked out it was one of those 3 quarter doubles so very uncomfortable nights sleep!
We did no breakfast so can't comment on food. The hotel appears modern at the entrance however I felt the decor in the rest of the hotel was dated. The floor tiles in the bathroom were loose and sprayed water up if you walked over them. Parking is provided but at a cost of £18 which wasn't clear t booking so be warned! The only good thing going for it is the location. I would pay more next time when I go again, this was £60 for room and £18 car park with no breakfast, however their are many local food places to go.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
We do pride ourselves on a great location which is in close proximity to most of the wonderful attractions and sights Brighton has to offer as well as being superbly located on the seafront
We do aim to inform all of our guests that we have a nightly charge for car parking by advertising on our website, as well as signage in the car park. When contacting one of our reservation agents to make reservations we do also inform prior to arrival that charges will be made, however i am sorry that you missed the indicators which would have highlight ed this to you
Worksop, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Brighton for two nights in late August 2012. We booked an Executive Room on the 4th Floor (the reception staff were helpful and efficient). The room was large and comfortable with a balcony overlooking the seafront. The bed was King Size Plus and the bedding was high quality to match. The large bathroom had recently been refurbished to a good standard. We ate in the restaurant on the first evening and although we had a prolonged wait (because a coach party had just arrived), the food was very good.
Hopefully we will come to Brighton again and we will certainly book into this Hotel. Thank you Holiday Inn.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel in August 2012 with a coach company and found the first floor rooms very noisy at night. We could hear people talking outside and the sound of bottles smashing and bins being emptied constantly. I was pleased to go home after 4 nights to get a good nights sleep. Our other friend has a 3rd floor room which was very pleasant and quiet.

The leather seats in the bar area were peeling and looked dreadful and stuck to your clothes
The evening meal provided was very limited and as I have to have a gluten free diet on one occasions all they offered for the main course was chicken drum sticks and boiled potatoes. No alternative was offered. Gluten free rolls were available and the staff were very pleasant.

Room Tip: Do not have a first floor room. The third floor was OK.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
We genuinely try always to ensure our guests are comfortable and most importantly enjoy a good night’s sleep during their stay and your comments have been well and truly investigated. We try and minimise any disturbance of our guests by others, but unfortunately, it is not always possible to gain their cooperation as quickly as we intend, however we do operate a noise policy within our hotel and should it have been brought to our attention we would have implemented this immediately.
Kindest Regards

Travellers are raving about these Brighton hotels

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2012

It saddens me to say that with all the competition for hotels in Brighton, this Holiday Inn has failed.
I booked for business, but as soon as I booked I read some reviews and knew it was a mistake. Needless to say, the 2nd night in Brighton I moved to The Thistle, just down the road on the sea-front.
I am a Priority club Platinum Royal Ambassador and I stay in Priority club hotels all over the world. The staff on reception were very friendly and recognised my Platinum status immediately with an upgrade to the Executive Floor and a 15% off all drinks at the bar. That was nice. The executive floor is like a clean 2 star hotel. Note that it was clean, but its like going back to the 80's. TV is from that period (8 channels), paint coming off around the doors, mould around the bathtub. Although in fairness they had invested in a new white shower curtain and new Grohe shower accessories.
After settling in I went down to the bar for a beer. The place has no soul. Its Brighton in August for heavens sake, this place should be alive! Needless to say, waited at the bar for 5 minutes for the barman to appear. Dint appear, went to the Hilton Metropole down the road and had a lovely salad and a few beers in a very stylish, welcoming, friendly hotel and bar.

Bed was comfortable, although the walls are so thin I felt I was sleeping with the heavy snorer next door to my room! Water was hot, check-out staff were friendly.

All-in-all, £99 for the night (no breakfast or wi-fi), not a cheap and cheerful place.
If I want such standards I'll go to a local B&B for half the price.

Next night was in the Thistle, £80. Much cheaper, has character, quiet and included breakfast and wi-fi.

Avoid this Holiday Inn. Hilton Metropole is better but more expensive. Thistle is much much better.

Sorry Holiday Inns. I do support you normally as I stay with you always. Sad.

This hotel is the worst Holiday Inn I have ever stayed in

Room Tip: Executive floor are 2 star rooms. Cant think what the rest are like. Dont goto the bar, no charact...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
As one of our valued platinum priority club members it is great to hear that we recognised your status as part of our commitment to our loyal guest.

We do have a very robust system within the hotel with regards to a repairs and cleanliness as well as a pro active maintenance programme to ensure that all of the rooms are maintained to the Holiday Inn standard as well as being checked by the Housekeeping & maintenance supervisory team.

Wifi is available complementary within the hotel and pass codes are provided via reception.