“Great location for staying in Brighton...”

Holiday Inn Brighton - Seafront
Ranked #23 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Reading
“Great location for staying in Brighton...”
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the weekend. It is very easy to find as right on the seafront with parking underneath v secure.The building itself is probably from the 1970's, but was v clean. The staff were friendly.

Our room was perfect, large and a sea view with a balcony.

From the hotel it was 10-15 mins to Palace Pier and a great location for exploring Brighton.

We ate in the restaurant and it was a nice large restaurant.

Would stay again for location and the parking.

Nice place for a break in brighton.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
BHTSF_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brighton - Seafront, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Dear Stumpy12345,
I was very happy to read your review and I am pleased you had a great stay with us here at the hotel.
I do look forward to welcoming you back again soon,
General manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I got enticed by this hotel by looking at the photos on their web site. The first thing I noticed was the terrible smell when entering the lobby. I got registered and moved on to my room which looked really terrible. All furniture looked 20 year old, worned out. The mattress and pillows are thin as you can get them.

I just arrived from an oversea fligth and needed to eat/drink and went to the 'no-service' bar. The bar table was dirty and stinky. I sat there and waited 10 minutes, to find out that you need to go to the barman and place your drink/food order. Good thing that he delivered the goods a few minutes later.

After lunch, I went back to the room to give it a second look and decided it was time for me to ask for a room upgrade (ready to pay some extra). The lady at the counter told me that they had no more rooms left. I decided to get out of there and find another hotel room somewhere else.

Travellers beware! This hotel requires a serious renovation.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
BHTSF_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brighton - Seafront, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Design2013,
I am sorry you decided not to stay with us here at the hotel.
I have taken onboard your comments and they have been discussed with the departments here at the hotel.
Wayne mansfield

Travellers are raving about these Brighton hotels

Cannich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Let's start with the car park - you'll need a tin opener to get your car in and out. £18 per night to park and it is impossible to open your car door, once parked. Grubby lift up to reception. Warm welcome at reception by efficient staff. Bedroom large but dated with iron burns on carpet, tatty furniture, broken tiles in bathroom but bed clean and comfortable. Nice sea view (at a cost). Dreadful, unwelcoming bar but nice breakfast room and a great breakfast. I so wish we'd spent just a few pounds extra and stayed at the Grand - lesson learnt.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear GeorgieGirl0
Thank you for your review and I am glad that you enjoyed the reception team and also the breakfast.
As mentioned in other reviews we are in process of making several enhancements to the hotel and this will also include the car park.
I do hope in the future you decide to give the hotel another visit.
Wayne Mansfield.
General Manger
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Recently stayed at the Holiday Inn which is ideally placed on the seafront. Unfortunately it has seen better days! The room looked tired and unclean (marks on carpet etc). We had also been upgraded to a sea view suite which was more spacious but had we booked and paid the full price would have been very disappointed!

Overall good location and worth it if you get a deal, but don't have high expectations!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
BHTSF_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brighton - Seafront, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Em-johnny,
Thankyou for taking the time to review the hotel and I am pleased that you enjoyed the location.
I have mentioned in previous reviews that we are in the process of enhancing the hotel and I do hope that you give us another chance to exceed your expectations and visit us again in the future.
Ipswich
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. This place is a let down to the brand. I booked a king bed sea view room. The room I was given didn't have a sea view and was sorry looking with scuffed walls, surfaces and the curtains were frayed and looked dirty
I complained and was 'upgraded' to a balcony sea view room. The room was shoddy, grubby looking and in need of a revamp. Furniture was chipped and the bathroom basin wasn't clean and the tap covered in fingerprints.

Once again I complained and was told they agreed that the rooms were tired and they were in the process of an upgrade and no one else had complained

The place is in my opinion a dump. Stay well clear

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Tony M,
I have read your review and your comments have been noted. I have also spoken to the staff that were working that evening and I am pleased they were able to offer you a different room as the initial room was not up to your standards.
We do pride ourselves on the cleanliness of the hotel and many of the reviews contribute to this fact so I apologise if on this occasion you feel we fell short of that goal.
We are in the process of making enhancements to the hotel but as you know this is a lengthy process.
I do hope you decide to come and stay with us again in the future,
regards
Kind Regards

Wayne Mansfield,
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2013

After reading reviews on TA we were in two minds as whether to book this hotel.

However it was on a special offer with a cheap upgrade to a seaview room with balcony so we risked it.

Although the decor is a bit tired (think 70s), the room was immaculately clean and extraordinarily large.

Admittedly we had the upgrade but our friends had a standard room which was still a good size.

In our bathroom we had lots of space with a separate bath, shower, bidet, toilet and loads of shelves - it was so big we could have had a party in there!

As for the room itself, the bed was enormous and we had a sofa, coffee table, 2 loungers, desk, fridge and a large corner balcony which gave us wonderful views to the beach opposite.

Car park was extremely tight and confusing though (they shared the spaces with a residential block and each space was allocated differently).

Great location too, very close to the nightlife and opposite the sea.

Pleasantly surprised; if you can get this hotel on a deal, go for it.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a sea view room with balcony, it's wort every penny.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
BHTSF_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brighton - Seafront, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Dear HornetBrad,
Thankyou for your review and I am glad over all you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon,
Kind regards
Petersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed here on a weekend break using IHG Reward points. The room was quite large but the decoration was beginning to look past its best and the corridors are not inspriring. Unfortunately Reward nights do not include breakfast in the package. Therefore if you want breakfast it will cost you £13.50 even if you decide that you only want to take cereal and toast. I did raise this issue but was told breakfast was a single price regardless of how much or little you decide to eat. The underground garage is also quite tatty and costs a further £13+ per night. It has very small parking places, many of which are on a slope. On the plus side the reception staff were welcoming and friendly and the location of the hotel is quite convenient.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear KJC55,
Thank you for your hotel review.
I have taken onboard your comments pertaining to breakfast and I also passed your great comments onto the reception staff.
Thankyou for taking the time to pass your comments on to us as all they help us to work on and enhance our product.
I do hope that you come and visit again soon.
Wayne mansfield