“What an excellent Hotel”

Holiday Inn Brighton - Seafront
Ranked #24 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Essex, UK
“What an excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I have recently stayed at the Holiday Inn, Brighton Seafront and I am sorry but I don't agree with some of the previous detrimental reports.

I was greeted with a friendly smile at reception on my arrival and the young lady couldn't have been more helpful. My parking was quickly sorted out and on my return I was quickly allocated a sea view room.

My room was fresh and clean smelling and spotless. Similarly the bathroom was spotless with no visible sign of defects.

The dining room staff gave good old fashioned service, lacking in some hotels these days, and couldn't have been more receptive to my needs.

Again breakfast had a large selection of food and service was first class.

Don't be put off by previous negative reviews. Whilst the hotel isn't brand spanking new, it is clean and staff friendly.

Would I stay there again ? Most definitely !!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room at reception.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
BHTSF_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brighton - Seafront, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Brighton-Seafront.

I have shared your great comments with the whole team here at the hotel, it is so nice to recieve such fantastic feedback, as the team here prides itself on great customer service.

Once again thank you for the great feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Wayne Mansfield

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Really good location right on the seafront. If you have an ocean view room it is nice a spacious and it has wonderful views. Although it is a little run down with doors and sinks broken and showers a little worse for wear overall it was ok.
The wifi is non existent which was extremely annoying to have to go down to the lobby and log on every time!!
During the week it is fine, however; on weekends there are hens party's and bucks nights happening and so the noise is non stop. We could here things through the very thin walls we wish we didn't hear!! (Block your kids ears)
Great buffet breakfast.
Staff are helpful and somewhat animated at times!!

Stayed April 2014
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Brighton-Seafront.

I have shared your comments with the team here at the hotel, as we pride ourselves on great customer service and a friendly team.

The hotel will be undergoing a full bedroom refurbishment in September 2014, as you have mentioned the hotel is a little tired and need of a revamp.

Once again thank you for your comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

essex
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Brighton Seafront on Friday 11th April.
Check in was smooth and very efficient, we arrived early and were able to get in our room straight away.
The room itself was more than adequate and was very clean, the bathroom was lovely.
Only downside were the wafer life pillows, but that's a personal preference, which others may like.
Dinner in the restaurant was lovely, we have steaks, which were cooked well.
All in all a good stay for the night and a perfect base to explore Brighton.

Hi,

Thank you for your great feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Brighton-Seafront.

I have shared your comments with the team here at the hotel, in particular the friendly staff and the food in the restaurant.

Once again thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

general Manager
Dorset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed in the Holiday Inn Brighton for a night and the experience was not off to a great start as soon as we arrived at our room as the sink would not clear and the plunger didn't work. We did request it to be fixed to no avail - however, the staff were polite.

The reception and exterior:
The overall appearance of the hotel was good but looked a bit grubby on the exterior walls, the reception was clean and modern and tastefully decorated with marble floors. There is parking and we had no trouble getting a space, surprisingly £18 a day is quite cheap for Brighton! If possible, park here as we paid £18 for 4 hours at a nearby car park. The location was great, just several minutes walk from Weatherspoon's or pizza express and other shops, and a walk across the road from the seafront.

The room:
The bed was comfy and clean, the look of the room was as said in the title a bit 'tired' and maybe could do with new carpets and a lick of paint. However it was large and had plenty of space, there was no road noise either. The bathroom was not so good... as said before the sink would not empty and the shower wasn't working properly but fortunately was warm. Was all a bit rusty too but most of it was functioning and just about usable.

We did not stay for breakfast but the food room did look nice, and room service was also available. They do have spare essentials at reception such as toothbrushes, disposable razors etc which is always helpful. It was overpriced and expensive for what it is.

Overall though, it was an average stay but I don't think I could have stayed longer than a night. If you are looking for somewhere more romantic then I would advise you to go somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hi,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Brighton-Seafront.

I have shared your comments with the team here at the hotel, as this helps us to improve the already high standards expected with a Holiday Inn stay.

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed one night in the Holiday Inn Brighton and have nothing to complain about. The room was lovely, the staff were great and the entire experience was just excellent.

The hotel has absolutely everything you could need and the polite staff are the icing on the cake. I turned up extremely early to start my short break in Brighton and was greeted by a really helpful and friendly man on reception who allowed me to check in early. My first impressions on the hotel were excellent, everywhere was clean, inside and out and the lobby area was very spacious and elegant.

I stayed on the 3rd floor, and although the view was not too amazing as it was facing the rear of the hotel, it was bliss, and this meant I could have a relaxing night's sleep. The room had all of the amenities required for a comfortable night stay and whenever we needed anything, reception staff were always very helpful.

I would highly recommend this hotel as having the full package.

Hello,

It is so nice to recieve such positive feedback, and goes along way with the whole team here, I have shared your comments with every department in the hotel.

Once again thank you so much for the great feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

we stayed over on a Monday night as we had a wedding that day, the receptionist was very helpful and allowed us to check inn early as we arrived at 7am due to travelling from wales and the wedding was at midday.
Each staff we met was very nice and helpful, room was clean and very large.

Breakfast was amazing and very enjoyable.

only bad point I found was the night r/s menu was just sandwiches, I just wanted cheese platter but wasn't allowed. but it wasn't really a bad point just my preference wanting cheese platter.

overall stay was nice and would stay in this hotel again if we came back to Brighton.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi,

I have shared your great comments regarding the staff friendliness, as the hotel prides itself on friendly and efficient customer service.

Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Booked a 1 night Saturday stay in advance of the Brighton marathon. Got a room on the Executive floor for £180 for the night (incl breakfast) - not too sure what made it qualify as that. I have to say that I was underwhelmed by the room for the expensive price - worn appearance and the inter-room sound insulation was almost non-existent! People could be heard quietly talking through the walls - hardly a quality of room that would justify such a price!

The under hotel car park was and additional £18 for the night in a crowded and very compact area. I would have been better paying £20 to park 100m away in a newly-built spacious underground NCP area.

The breakfast was the only saving grace. The checkout guy thanked me for my stay and hoped to see me again - I have to say at the price charged that is going to be most unlikely.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brighton - Seafront, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear DavidUK_12,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please allow us to apologize for the issues you had with your room accommodations and our parking area was less than satisfactory. We want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Brighton hotels