“Friendly staff and delicious breakfast ”

The Granville Hotel
Ranked #18 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
“Friendly staff and delicious breakfast ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

A very comfortable stay in the Sussex room. Although we didn't spend time in Brighton over the weekend, the hotel is only 15 minutes walk to the station. We spent the weekend at Love Supreme, jazz festival and as shuttle buses ran from Brighton station we found this hotel in a very good location. I will definitely come back. Not forgetting to mention the breakfast - we were certainly spoilt for choice. Absolutely delicious and set us up for the day. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Khilna S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Dorking, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I booked this hotel for my partner's birthday weekend as I specifically wanted a two person jacuzzi in the room to surprise him. I had read reviews on here before I booked and took the chance as some reviews have been negative. The jacuzzi was huge! And would easily fit three people.
The Black Rock room had only recently been refurbished before our stay so the decor was alot more up to date than the website and the view from the room was astounding. The bed was very creaky, though that can be expected with most metal framed beds and four poster beds. It was however, very comfortable and we slept very well.
The staff were very welcoming and chatty. The american bbq restaurant downstairs was delicious, reasonably priced and the portions were huge.!! In the morning, the breakfasts were very tasty. Especially the blueberry pancakes ~
Would stay again :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Zholie
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Slightly quirky but fun hotel ... Stayed in West Pier room, great view, comfy four poster bed, and a jacuzzi bath... A little noisy but you are on the seafront in summer, so expect a few drunken hens and stags passing by at 4am... Location is great for exploring central Brighton and ten minute walk from rail station. Smokey's had some varied breakfast choices and everyone we met was pleasant and helpful (reception is shared with hotel next door). Definitely worth a return visit, to try out a different room

Room Tip: West Pier was a good choice, second floor, adjacent to the lift...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Paul T
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

By far one of the nicest hotels I've stayed at in the UK, and very affordable. The staff were lovely, the rooms were nicely fitted out and the hotel is on the beachfront, walking distance from everything. Breakfast was worth every penny. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tashdevil
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed here for my partners birthday....the staff were very friendly and helpful even reccomended restaurants and bars for us to try...the room "Brighton rock room" was an experience , one of the best Jacuzzis I've ever had the pleasure of using,but the layout of the room was strange almost felt asif it was on a slant...was a weird feeling upon entering for myself and my partner...the views were amazing as expected waking up to views of Brighton sea front was a nice touch but I have to admit due to the construction works going on outside and the fact that even with both Windows open the room was like a Dutch oven I had the worst nights sleep imaginable...all in all the Granville is a nice hotel that would benefit from air con and im sure when the construction work finishes it will be a lovely place to stay

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank devilishdani
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

From the moment we arrived at The Granville the staff were extremely attentive and we knew we had made the right decision staying here.
We were staying in The Regency room which was a spacious twin at the back of the the building.
I had read previous reviews mentioning the breakfast and was definitely not disappointed. I can honestly say it was the best breakfast I ever have had in any hotel. The amount of choice was wonderful and some different Mexican style breakfasts too. I am not a breakfast person in the slightest but I was blown away!
Also wanted to say a massive THANKYOU to the man who made me and my mum a cup of tea at 6am Saturday morning. He went above and beyond for us and that means a lot.
The hotel is around a 15 minute walk (straight down towards the seafront then right at Odeon) from Brighton seafront and is an excellent seafront location. Within walking distance from the pier, town centre and the lanes.
We went to a concert at the Brighton Centre and it was only a two minute stroll away.
I will absolutely be returning if I come to Brighton again and can highly recommend The Granville :)

Stayed June 2014
5 Thank Itskatycam
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I spent a weekend in this hotel in October of 2013 and had a terrific experience here. Our room had a balcony, jacuzzi and a king sized bed overlooking the waterfront. This is a very small unique hotel that provides a very home like atmosphere. Breakfast was good and it is within walking distance of all the major attractions in Brighton. I hope to stay here again some day.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple