The Old Ship Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Blanch House(Brighton)
US$140
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$159
My Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$122
  • Restaurant
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$111
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
2,553 results
All reviewssea viewsea frontceiling fanbox of chocolateslovely hotelcar parknoisy at nightearly hourssuperior roomshort breakideal locationpublic areasthird floorbrighton seafronttwo night staybreakfast was excellentlovely room
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I had a room booked for me at this hotel by someone else, so I can't comment on the booking system/prices, but I would like to say that I found the hotel staff very friendly and helpful and the room was very nice. The only things wrong with the room was that it was quite dark even with all the lights on (but that didn't matter as I just went to sleep anyway) and the shower wouldn't stop dripping. The breakfast food selection was pretty good too, I would have appreciated some soy milk to have with the cereal as I am lactose intolerant but there was plenty on offer so I just had something else instead.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
PW-GeneralManager, General Manager at The Old Ship Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. As we purchase new bulbs for the hotel we are looking at ways to improve the lighting from the current energy saving bulbs we have.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

Arrived Friday afternoon to be greeted by a very helpful and friendly lady on reception. Check in was quick and easy and we were given directions to our room (405) Luckily there were still places available in the hotel's carpark which at £23 per day seemed expensive but is about the same as everywhere else in Brighton.
Our room which was along the side of the hotel overlooking The Thistle, was very dark and looked very tired and worn out. The furniture had seen better days, the carpet was a bit grim, the paintwork was chipped and marked and the edges of the wallpaper were curling up/coming away from the wall. The room was so dark you needed all four lamps on to be able to read and even then it was almost impossible as the bulbs they had used were so dim. Although on the face of it the bathroom looked fairly clean, the grouting in the tiles around the bath was very grubby - someone needs to get a brush and some bleach and give it a good scrub!! Basically the room certainly wasn't what you would expect from a 4 star hotel!!
The breakfast was fairly good, with the normal offerings of cereals, fruit, pastries, toast, bread etc etc. my only gripe would be that the cooked breakfast items were at best only luke warm - disappointing to say the least! People leaving the lids open didn't help matters either. The dining room staff were all very helpful and friendly.
We got a good deal for our break through Booking.com, and only paid £168 for the 3 nights including breakfast, it definitely wasn't worth a penny more than that.
Would we go back? Probably not; unless the room we were given was a vast improvement on Room 405.

Room Tip: Don't have Room 405
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank YummyMummy_8

Thank you for your eview following your stay at the Old Ship Hotel.

We contunally strive to ensure all our guests are happy and am sorry you seem dissapointed with your stay.

In 2013 we will commence our upgrade plans for the hotel and hope we can welcome you back again.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

The Old Ship hotel in Brighton, we were very impressed with the hotel.
we had a full cooked breakfast and you could also help yourself to the buffet,which was very nice.
The hotel is in a prime sea front location which is handy for the beach, the pier and the shops and bars with the Lanes being a short walk away.
It was a lovely break just before christmas and got a bit of christmas shopping done whilst we were there great location with vibrant shops.
Even though we got the hotel on a special deal, I would consider going back at the normal price.
We didnt eat in the resturant we went down the road to a fab American diner well recommended.
The only negative thing about the trip is the £25 you have to pay to park at the hotel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
PW-GeneralManager, General Manager at The Old Ship Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Thank you for your review and pleased you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 5 January 2013

Arrived late on Friday night to explore brighton on Saturday. The reception guys greeted is very warmly. As we went to our room we got a little lost and it seemed the floor boards creaked more and more the further away from the lift we got, but no great problem and made my girlfriend and I both laugh. Sleep time came and when we tried to open window or turn ceiling fan on, neither would budge so a quick trip to reception, who explained that they had trouble with smokers leaning out the windows some rooms had the windows sealed shut. The receptionist moved us to another room, really wish I had got his name cos this guys customer service skills go above and beyond the expected... Slept in our new room like a pair of New.born Babies. Woke up and used the shower which was fantastically hot and high pressure. Checked out with no fuss and ready to take on whatever brighton has to show us. Fantastic hotel would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013
PW-GeneralManager, Manager at The Old Ship Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

Thank you very much for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

My wife recently took me to The Old Ship hotel in Brighton for my birhday. It was a surprise and she didn't tell me the details until we got to Brighton. I was so impressed I had to review the hotel. We stayed a couple of nights and after checking in were very pleased to find that the hotel had given us a seaview room at the front of the hotel, room 116. It was spacious, clean, well appointed with all of the added extras you like, en-suite, TV, tea making facilities, trouser press, iron, ironing board and hair dryer. In addition the hotal had put a bottle of wine and a card on the dresser for us to enjoy before going out. It was a decent one too, and showed to me that they had given it some thought and that a cheap bottle wasn't good enough. The room also had a small balcony which you could stand out on and enjoy the fresh air and views. The staff were all pleasant and knew their jobs from the reception through to the dining room, all were good and as you would hope. The breakfasts were first class with a huge selection at the help yourself buffet. The hotel is in a prime sea front location which is handy for the beach, the pier and the shops and bars with The Lanes being a short walk away. It really was a lovely couple of days and even though my wife got this hotel on a special deal, I would consider going back at the normal price. If you can spot a deal though, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Major_Jb
PW-GeneralManager, General Manager at The Old Ship Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Dear Major_Jb

Thank you for your review and am so pleased you were impressed with us.

I will pass on your comments to the team and am pleased you enjoyed the wine and the upgrade.

Our passion at the hotel is to ensure that every guest enjoys their stay and where possible ensure that special occassions are celebrated too.

Thank you once again.