“Great Hotel!”

and 1 more site!
Atlantic Hotel
Ranked #44 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 May 2013

My Friend and I stayed in Room 1...the family room, for my birthday and it was a lovely clean spacious room with great views. The owners are very welcoming and polite all the time. The breakfast was a good variety and made freshly to order and we were allowed to leave our bags on checkout. Also, I left my camera charger there and the owners posted it to me without a problem. Thank you for a lovely stay. We will definitely come again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Staff really friendly, felt very welcome and we were allowed to leave our luggage for a while, but we had arranged to stay in a different room to the one we were given.
Despite being in the same price category I insisted when booking that room 9 was my preference and I was assured I would get this however it didn't happen as promised (so we were in a room with the bed against the wall).
Shower was also very temperamental so it took a couple of minutes to adjust to the right temperature as either it was ice cold or gave you second degree burns.
Breakfast was also served for an hour only so it wasn't as relaxing.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Went for a hen do and it was one of the few places that accommodated hen parties, so check that before you go to Brighton. Also, if you're hoping to get into gay clubs as a hen party, you'll be very lucky as we only found one that would let us in (even though we were a party of three!)

Fantastic location, literally opposite the pier and big wheel and just in front of Kemp Town. Underground parking is a few streets away, about 5 minutes walk but about £17 for 24 hours.
Really warm reception and friendly, smiley staff.

Have to say though that it's in need of some tlc in places. It's not the most appealing from the outside (rust stains all down the steps etc). The room we had was the family room on the first floor. Plenty of space and great views, but very basic.

It was clean, but there was a huge collection of dust along the carpet along the sliding door in the mini en-suite which put me off a bit. Also the shower tray filled up when you were showering, as did the basin as the plug is faulty. Also, only one of the 4 bedside spotlights worked.

We had a great breakfast in the morning though, which was really yummy and served fresh and quickly. It also wasn't full of other rowdy hen/stag do's which was nice!

Overall it was a good value for what we wanted and did the job, but I feel like there's no excuse for such a major dust collection in a bathroom and basic things that could be easily fixed. If there was a "good" option, I would choose that but as it wasn't fully clean/working it can't be "very good", so has to be "average"!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Nothing was too much trouble for the owners Aurelius and Martha. The hotel is clean tidy and smells nice. We stayed in the family room on the first floor with 2 adults and one 3 1/2 year old and one 16 month old. The room is big enough for all your needs and comes with a little fridge. The views are great as well, as its situated right opposite wheel and pier. Great Value.

I completed the Brighton Marathon and they let me use the room afterwards to shower and allowed my wife to stay in the room until I had finished. With no charge. I can't think of many hotels that would do that.

If you are staying on Friday and Saturday night I would recommend ear plugs though. Children slept like logs, my wife and I not so much.

Room Tip: Non sea front room may reduce noise from road, but as stated above take ear plugs and you won't...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2013

the atlantic is small and cosy, but exceptionally neat and clean. the facilities all work and i was unable to find faulty with anything in my room. the proprietor Aurelio and his wife are charming hosts. i have no problems at all to recommend this place to anyone looking for a well positioned, affordable and pleasant place to stay in Brighton. i travel to Brighton frequently for work and i will be staying at the Atlantic again.

Room Tip: There is no lift so rooms on the 4th floor may be daunting for some.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2013

We work in Brighton and couldn't get home because of the snow IN MARCH!!! We had our little dog with us and were worried we wouldn't find anywhere we could stay with the dog. We walked up to the door of the Atlantic and not only were we given a very warm welcome they happily agreed to take the dog in as well given the circumstances even though they don't normally take dogs. A lovely room, clean and warm, a great location for Brighton visitors at a great price.
Can't recommend highly enough.
Jane, Sandra and Sandyshaw (the dog)

Room Tip: sea view rooms lovely
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Had 3 days here room perfect panoramic views of sea pier and big wheel...lovely clean,staff so friendly thinking of making it my second home!!! Wouldn't go anywhere else to stay in Brighton....a massive thankyou for making our holiday just GREAT....see you all in summer time.

Room Tip: Higher floors have best views just so pretty at nitetime.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple