“Superb boutique hotel”

Ranked #4 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Australia
“Superb boutique hotel”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I shared a mid-week escape from London with my partner at Drakes and our stay was nothing short of fantastic. The roof top balcony view of the pier was stunning. Staff were exceptional. Our room was absolutely wonderful and the bath by the window capped off our perfect night away. We also ate at the restaurant which lived up to our expectations.

Highly recommend for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aeroguyau

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I booked few days in Drakes hotel for my boyfriend birthday.
When we arrived we were greeted by a friendly receptionist with a shining smile.
I payed in total 315£ for two night with breakfast included: the room was absolutely tidy and clean, the breakfast was abundant and it was a pleasure to find the newspaper every morning. The price was reasonable and not too much for excellent service.
I also booked a dinner for my boyfriend birthday in the Drakes's restaurant and I ordered a special birthday cake for him: everything was so fresh and delicious!!!! Dinner's cost 116£: I was expecting to pay much more for what I had.
I'm a supervisor in a famous two Michelin star restaurant in London and I can confirm: the service was just perfect and all staff was very kind and charming. I'll happy to back in Drakes hotel (and restaurant) the next time.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elisa R
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed one night for our wedding anniversary and had the 5 course chef's tasting menu.
We booked a top floor room with access to a private rooftop balcony overlooking the sea which had great views over the sea and Brighton pier. The best part was the wonderful friendly service from everyone we met during our stay. The added touch of the Happy Anniversary card and pamper gifts was lovely and made our stay even more special. As for the meal, I can safely say that was the best meal we have ever had! Amazing!!
We had a really special anniversary and will definitely come back again sometime.

Room Tip: Top floor means a lot of stairs but it's worth it for the rooftop terrace. Be warned you have to...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
chalfont st peter
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This should have been a much better review !! Very helpful and friendly staff and I cannot fault the service. Good location. The beds are comfortable . The food in the restaurant was excellent . Now for the downside. Due to it's location, it is extremely noisy outside with student beach paties and traffic noise being the worst culprits which means you cannot leave your windows open at night and the room gets stuffy. The room although looking spotlessly clean wasn't, my wife got a piece of broken glass stuck in her foot. The wet room is just that...wet. So don't expect to use the toilet roll again . Parking is an extra cost, and although they do advertise a first come basis for the free spots, why not charge everyone a small fee to park We stayed on the second floor and I believe a nocturnal elephant was residing above us as he seemed to stomp around during the night , not the hotels fault, just pointing out that because it is an old hotel, you can hear other rooms. I do recommend this place, as the staff and location are great, but it's a bit pricey for what I got.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paul g
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I booked in here for two nights whilst working in Brighton. There is a lot of choices of hotels across the seaside coast and I have stayed in a few before whilst on business, however I was recommended here by a colleague. I was not disappointed. The hotel actually has the ability of seeming rather grand and royal even though it holds quite a quaint feeling and boutique style. The rooms are top standard. Super clean, I had electric or toe controlled curtains that opened to reveal a wardrobe. My room boasted double doors that opened to my own trendy and mint conditioned downstairs bathroom that added a sort of apartment style feeling to the room. Just quality. It's clear to see they have set their standard to certain level and obvious to see that level is the to be the best. The rooms have sky tv with every channel and huge comfortable pillows on the bed, with complimentary white stuff products for you to use as well. Hard to pick a fault. There were non for me. The staff were so friendly and sincere which always contributes. I ordered a cocktail in the evening a and lovely gentleman with exceptional manners created it for me a brought it to my room. Top marks to Drakes. I will,be returning and I will be recommending this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Brighton! Enjoy! P.s DONT FORGET TO ORDER A COCKTAIL!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel was the venue for our wedding, when you have a wedding here they take away the stress of your big day and listen to all of your wants and needs to make your day perfect for you. In taking over the whole hotel you have all of your loved ones near and no unwanted members of the public. Having visited each and every room they are all beautiful but for us and many of our guests the bath in the window over looking the sea in the build up to the wedding is a must. All of the staff at Drakes from the first meeting with Carla (Sales and Marketing manager), to the impromptu meeting with Richard (General manager) and Andy (Head chef) have been amazing we couldn't have been better looked after us and ALL of our guests said it was perfect. Malcolm (Night Porter) giving little touches and Radka (Restaurant manager) was outstanding, personalising menus for each guest and making the dinning room look even more fabulous than normal. The food was all amazing and all even though a small venue it really does work.

Room Tip: **Sorry I made a mistake there is no pool or fitness centre** It really does depend on what is impo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel staff were great really friendly , cocktails were to die for ( the sort of piña colada was fantastic ) the rooms were a bit on small side , but that didn't really matter as you had the sea view & could have a bath whilst looking out to sea.Bed was comfy, & the white stuff products were a nice touch.we will be coming back to stay .

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple