“Market Leader”
Review of The Twenty One

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brighton
The Twenty One
Ranked #1 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 April 2012

It's the little touches that make The Twenty One stand out such as a little cake or chocolate with your afternoon tea, treats in the room and a genuine friendliness from Matt and Andy. I'm sure many of their clients visited as guests and return as friends.

This B&B sets the standard.

• Stayed: March 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (2,191)

Reviewed 18 April 2012

The Twentyone is among the best hotel experiences I’ve ever had. I travel a good deal for business and pleasure and have been fortunate to stay in many four and five star hotels and niche boutique ones. I would put Brighton’s Number 21 at the top of the pile. Matt and Andy have created a beautifully-appointed yet homely environment where guests can relax. My hosts made me feel very welcome before, during and after my stay. The room was beautiful and had everything I could possibly have needed (good wifi, comfy bed) and lots more besides (notably Tunnocks snowballs, fluffy bathrobe, amazing toiletries, DVDs). The breakfast was wonderful and truly matches anything I’ve ever had before. My stay was a business trip, but the style and comfort made it feel like an unexpected holiday too! I can’t wait to come back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I chose The Twenty One for a one night stay because it was the best rated B&B in Brighton on TripAdvisor, and it did not disappoint. Booking was clear and easy on the website, and Matt and Andy were friendly and welcoming. The B&B is 10 minutes walk from the centre of Brighton, so it was ideally located for me, yet peaceful, and I even had a sea view from Room 6. The only negative was the shower - it was too high up for me, and took a while to figure out the controls, but I got there in the end, and there was plenty of hot water for a bath. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Saw an article in a Sunday paper supplement then on Tripadvisor so I promptly booked for the night we were going to see Il Divo as a special treat. Both made it a night to remember.
Matt and Andy make you feel so welcome from the minute you walk in the door. Their hospitality is second to none and the breakfast was delicious.
Can't speak highly enough of it.

Room Tip: Room 4 is small but sumptuous and the en suite is very tastefully done. No complaints.
Reviewed 13 April 2012

This was the best B&B we have ever stayed in the whole stay from start to finish was EXCELLENT from welcome to service . The food was to die for and quality 5 star , many thanks for making our short stay with you so lovely . We will be coming back for a longer stay and would RECOMENED THIS B&B TO EVERYONE

Reviewed 12 April 2012

Hello
stayed here 3 nights over the Easter weekend. Booking was easy online and we paid a £99 deposit which was the cost of the room for 1 night. We booked Room 4 up which was a total of £297 for our entire stay. Room 4 was the smallest double en suite room and we picked it as we were on a budget. We got an instant email confirming our booking with instructions what to do when arriving regarding parking etc. We decided to rent out someones private parking space during our stay as we did not need the use of our car during our Easter break. This worked out great value and is easy to do online. We walked to The Twenty One and was warmly greeted by Matt who made us a welcome drink and took our bags up to our room and gave us a map and advice of things to see and do during our stay. The place looked very clean and comfy . We also saw Andy who was equally welcoming.

We went up to our room and was well impressed. Very comfy and trendy and bright and spotlessly clean. There was a double bed and 2 bedside tables and an alarm clock, a chair, large wardrobe with 2 bathrobes and slippers and fridge and plenty of hanging space. Liked the idea of the fridge being in the wardrobe as you could not hear it running at night. The fridge had bottled water and sparkling water in it too which was restocked each day. There was a dresser with a hairdryer in and a tray full of goodies and tea and coffee facilities( kit kats, cookies, chocolate teacakes, chocolate bars, peanuts and selection of coffees and creamers). Loads of things to eat and drink and this was also restocked every day. On the bed there was a lovely Easter Bunny and a card too which was a very nice touch. On one of the bedside tables there were more goodies too( Easter bunnies and chocolates which were restocked every day again).

There was a TV on the wall with loads of channels and a DVD player. There was a closet with loads of DVDs in the hall which was very useful and had an amazing choice. The bathroom was bright and fresh and spotlessly clean again and had a great range of toiletries and a good size shower cubicle. There were guide books in the room with helpful info in about what to see and do. I thought the room was really nice and just the right size. It was very quiet and overlooked a small garden and we could not hear any noise at all. I slept very well each night in the room and the bed was really comfy and everything was very good quality from decor to furniture and towels.

Breakfast was served every day in the breakfast room and the breakfast was extensive. To start there were cereals and yogurts and fresh fruits and juices and coffees. We were then bought tasty warm croissants and toast and then had a choice of cooked breakfasts. Hubby had the full English 2 days and scrambled eggs on toast another morning. He really enjoyed all 3 breakfasts. I had scrambled the 1st day and bagel with salmon the next and poached eggs on toast the 3rd day. All were beautifully presented and tasted fantastic and kept me going all day. The breakfast room was left open until 8pm at night and after we had been out for the day went in here and found wine and beers and soft drinks and snacks left out for the guests which was great.

The bed and breakfast is in a great location, 10 seconds way from the sea and a 10 minute walk to the pier. We enjoyed walking to The Marina and looking round The Pavilion and The Pier and shopping in The Lanes during our stay. I really enjoyed my stay at The Twenty One and thought everything about it was spot on. The location and decor and quality and hospitality, the breakfasts and comfy rooms and endless chocolates and snacks made my stay extra special. The Easter bunny was really thoughtful and the free drinks and snacks were lovely. Matt and Andy were always smiling and helpful and made us feel right at home. The place was spotless and had character and style. I cannot wait to go back as I loved every single minute. Fabulous place.

Room Tip: Room 4 was small but perfectly formed and really comfy and I really enjoyed my stay in it and would...
7  Thank RachNorfolk
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My partner and I were recommended this bed and breakfast by family members, and it did not disappoint! The hospitality and efficiency of Matt and Andy, the owners, could not be faulted; all the little added extras (such as an Easter egg and card on the bed, complimentary drinks and snacks in the room and downstairs in the communal dining area, DVD library and introduction talk, map and parking permits from Andy), made this the best bed and breakfast I have ever stayed in. I am not even sure that some hotels can boast as good facilities and extras that are offered here!

Matt and Andy as a couple are fabulous - always willing to accomodate and offer suggestions on places to see and eat in Brighton. The room was a delight - the furnishings are opulent, well chosen and comfortable. Breakfast! A-MAZ-ING!!! A large selection of goodies - huge choice of fruit, cereals, croissants, porride, drinks - and then a choice of different cooked delights, which are cooked to perfection by Andy! We ate in the morning and then did not need to eat again until dinner time!

Absolutely fantastic, a tremendous stay!

Room Tip: Why would you pick anywhere else if you went to stay overnight, or for a holiday in Brighton? The lo...