2,286 results
All reviews matt andy hospitality tray perfect hosts rocky road warm croissants biscuits charlotte street place to stay little extras extra touches on arrival b bs thought of everything wouldn't stay anywhere else fresh fruit complimentary water thanks guys
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed two nights on a business trip in Brighton. Sue and Telly were great hosts. They gave great recommendations for restaurants in the city and the breakfasts were fab. Full English and Dutch Pancakes, absolutely delicious. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Chan B
Reviewed 12 June 2018

A very late decision to book a weekend in Brighton resulted in frantic and lengthy searching and deliberation, and we were able to get a reservation at The Twenty One. And so very glad that we did! It's in a great location - central Brighton is easily walkable and with the right room, you have a side seaview also. Room 8 for us - top of the shop - light and airy and with just such a view. Anyhow, after mediocre experiences at other B&Bs some years ago I have to admit to a small degree of nervousness when arriving but absolutely no need for that. We were greeted warmly, told us how things worked and then were helped to arrange parking nearby. The property is decorated and furnished overall to a very high standard, and Suzie & Telly are the perfect hosts - very happy to chat and to help with advice on restaurants and other places to see for example. Bed was a great size and super comfy, and some lovely little snacks in the room each day. Fridge in the room with plenty of water supplied, but the best fridge was the one one downstairs :) - complimentary drinks including wine and beer - a really great touch. Telly cooks a mean breakfast - clearly quality ingredients, tasty and very well-presented. Awesome coffee too. No, it is by no means the cheapest you will find in Brighton but that's for a very good reason - many good reasons in fact. We will return for sure. Thanks for a fantastic couple of days! Adam & Leah x

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank adamsh28
Reviewed 8 June 2018

I took my daughter to Brighton end of May 2018 (BH weekend) for an early 9th birthday treat and at her request we again stayed at the Twenty One.
Just after we booked our stay Andy & Matt announced that they had in fact sold the place to a new couple who were at the time running a B&B just down the road. After checking out that B&B's website I knew The Twenty One would still be in good hands as the rooms there looked great!

On arrival I was pleasantly surprised at the new look kitchen/dining area which was the only part of the house to have had a re-furb. The new open plan kitchen/dining room looks fantastic, really modern & in keeping with the rest of the decor. My daughter was really happy to see that Sue had left her a little birthday gift on the bed which was a nice touch.

The tea tray doesn't have as much as it used to but you still get your home made treat, a choc bar each & a pack of biscuits so it isn't like you go hungry! Our room was clean, comfortable & my little girl loved having the iPad for the weekend.

Breakfast the first morning was lovely, we both had a cooked breakfast (pork for her & veggie for me) but breakfast the second morning was amazing! Pancakes like you have never had before, well worth the extra calories to enjoy!!

All in all I think Matt and Andy have left their baby in really good hands with the new owners and I personally would still love to go back there and I know my daughter would as well.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Hanife O
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

My fiancè and I stayed here for 2 nights in May. We had stayed a couple of times before (with the previous owners) and loved it, so thought we'd return. Suzie and Telly have kept the ethos, atmosphere, and attention to detail that the previous owners took pride in. The rooms are clean, and well stocked with tea, coffee, water, biscuits, etc and they even provided gluten free cakes and biscuits for me! The breakfasts are lovely: freshly cooked to order, and dietary requirements are well catered for. The b&b is well placed: seafront at the end of the road, and The Lanes, with all its shops, bars, and restaurants, is just a 5-10 minute walk away.

Suzie and Telly are probably the friendliest hosts we have ever met!! They are chatty, welcoming, and take an interest in their guests. My partner and I got engaged on our trip to Brighton and Suzie and Telly were genuinely happy for us. They wanted to hear about the whole proposal, and loved the romance of it. They go above and beyond in their hospitality, and are on hand should you require information on places to go, restaurants, etc.

We love The Twenty One!!! It hasn't lost its charm or welcoming vibe due to the new ownership. It has all the little touches you welcome when staying away from home, and in a warm and friendly environment ❤

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Beach2lover
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Warm, friendly, responsive and helpful hosts, clean, comfortable rooms, breakfasts cooked to order, excellent location walking distance from the ocean, boardwalk, and downtown...the lovely little touches (a call to get me a cab to the train station, help with my bags up and down the stairs, petit fours and full tea/chocolate/coffee service as well as a small refrigerator with water bottles in the room, excellent, locally-sourced, and plentiful food at breakfast) really elevated this to a definite will-return-to B&B for me. I overheard several conversations in the breakfast room that told me that Telly and Suzie have built a devoted following of people who return again and again to stay in their B&Bs (they recently sold their B&B--the Brighton Marina House Hotel--and took over this one)....and they now have one more.
The only possible downside is that there is no lift I could see--so be sure to book one of the lower-numbered rooms if mobility is an issue.

Stayed: May 2018