“My stay”
Review of Hotel Pelirocco

Hotel Pelirocco
Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I stayed in the 'Dotty' room. Decor was a bit tired - there were scuff marks on the walls where furniture had been moved round. There was a chair in te eroom, but I didn't use this, as it felt unsafe - quite creaky and shaky. There was an en-suite toilet/shower room, but the air ventilator didn't work. The window was an old sash window and wouldn't shut properly, so I got a lot of noice from the town until quite late at night.
The stairs were quirky - very narrow, and lots of bends; fortunately there was a lift (which was right outside my room).
Breakfast was not too bad.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Bunny00046

Reviewed 31 May 2011

We stayed in the Motown Room. It was spacious and the decor had a really cool vibe, loved having the record player and a selection of motown records in our room. The staff we're all very friendly and there was a great laid back vibe about the place. It has been mentioned in past reviews that parts of the hotel are run down, however in our particular room it felt right. The only thing I wasn't a fan of in the room was the shower, it lacked power and took a long time to heat up.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 18 April 2011

We booked to stay for a Saturday night as were visiting family in the area. All went ok until we tried to get to sleep that night... The music from the bar was too loud to sleep properly and I had to complain twice to ask that it was turned down. I was told that the music would go down, but one of the staff's friends informed me that there would be a private party at 2am! Going back upstairs the music was still too loud (that awful thumping sound coming up through the floorboards), so I returned to reception for a third time and spoke to another member of staff. This person's attitude was appalling and she scathingly asked me 'why I needed the music turned down and did I have something important to do the following day'!!! I then tried to complain about the whole experience to another member of staff while the other girl sneered and laughed behind the counter. Their attitude was disgraceful and they basically said it was a rock n roll hotel and I should find somewhere else to stay if I didn't like it (it was midnight!), i tried to point out that surely the emphasis was on it being a 'hotel' and that I thought it was entirely reasonable therefore to expect a good night's sleep and should not have to justify this to a member of staff. This went on a while, whilst staff's friends interrupted and tried to make me see how 'unreasonable' I was being. At one point the receptionist came to our room so I could show her how loud it was. She said that she could sleep through it and didn't see what the fuss was about!!! We were thrown out of the hotel and had to sleep in our car. I have never had such an appalling experience - do not stay here! Apparently they have refunded our money, though I have yet to see this on our bank statement.

Room Tip: Tip? don't stay here
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Angel186225
pelirocco, Owner at Hotel Pelirocco, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2011

Hotel Pelirocco would like to point out that the people who wrote this review were escorted of the premises, by the police, for threatening behaviour towards two young female members of staff.

Reviewed 26 March 2011

We stayed at the Hotel Pelirocco last weeked for two nights to celebrate my fiance's 30th birthday. We chose to stay in the 'Pin Up Parlour' and absolutely loved it!! The room is very spacious, has a lovely big bed and a great sea view. The room also has a nice hollywood style dressing table and mirror which was great for doing my makeup, however there is no plug near the dressing table so not so great for styling your hair!!

Breakfat is great, there are a few options to choose from plus help yourself to fruit and cereal. I had the cinnamon toast and scrambled eggs with cheese the next morning. My partner had scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and scrambled eggs with bacon, all of them were lovely. They also do great cocktails!!

The location of the hotel is brilliant, right on the sea front and a short walk to the town centre and the nightlife. Parking can be a bit expensive though. It is permit holders only on all the streets or pay and display for a maxium of 2 hours at a time. There is a ncp carpark literally right outside the hotel, it is underground, and it cost us £25 to park from friday afternoon until we left on Sunday morning.

We had a great stay at the Pelirocco and we will definitely be returning. I unfortunately broke the camera so i haven't got any pictures from our stay or the room.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank somanyholidays
Reviewed 14 March 2011

I stayed in this hotel for one Sat night. As a solo traveller it can be daunting to be alone in a strange place, but the staff at the Pelirocco were friendly, helpful and I couldn't have booked into a better hotel.
I stayed in the Rough Trade, Rough night room, ecletic mix of band posters and memorbillia. The room was perfect for solo occupation, the bathroom was huge and extremly clean. The room was warm, comfortable, the bed comfy and I slept very well. the only down side was the TV was tiny.
I will always remember the fantastic breakfast of the best Cinnamon Toast I have ever tasted, a real bonus!
I would highly recommend the Hotel Pelirocco, and will definately return there the next time I am in Brighton.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 March 2011

What a hotel. Very trendy hotel bar that gets busy, usually with groups. Great cocktail list and great art work throughout. Rooms are themed and we went for the play room, it basically does what it says on the tin and not for the faint hearted. 8ft round bed, mirrored ceiling and walls and a lap dancing pole. Huge seating are in the main room that could easily accomodate Charlie Sheen and his entourage. Decorated in pinks and dark fabrics with mood lighting that makes it feel like a proper boudoir. The bathroom is the biggest i have ever seen, huge tub like out of a fottball changing room and twin monsoon showers. If you are looking for a quiet romantic hotel room then this isn't it. If however you are after a dirty weekend away then this is right up your strasse. Forget those boring stuffy people who turn their nose up. If you want a relaxing peaceful hotel then go stay at the Grand. If however you want a lively weekend away with your partner (or partner in crime) in my case then go here. Can be noisy as bar is open till 4am but my advice would be to get upside down, that way you won't notice it and sleep like a baby. It is a must the the more adventurous couple. Staff are brilliant and everyone in the bar were really friendly. Will defo go back.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FJT_11
Reviewed 17 February 2011

we stayed in the p***y room, booked last minute so it was that or `pretty vacant`, it was a vision in pink kitsch, great sea/regents park view, nice big comfortable bed, room nicely clean and bright, decent shower, good breakfast which was included. Perfect weekend getatway, a real treat and hoping to book the play room next time! Friendly, non intrusive staff as a previous reviewer said. For the money, I was really pleased with the whole experience... We didn`t get a chance to use the bar in the evening but will try next time.. can`t write p***y on tripadvisor apparently :)

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple