Hotel Pelirocco
Legends Hotel(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$101
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$89
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$159
  • Bar/Lounge
US$245
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
All reviewsdiana dorspin up parlourthemed roomsrecord playerrock and rollmirrored ceilingdolly partonstar warscloud cuckoo landrough tradecurly wurlysquirky hotelfun hotelround bedcocktail menuregency squaregreat cocktails
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

A great idea. Fun boutique themed rooms. The Decor is a little tired and the rooms require a bit of tlc... But overall it was a fun experience. Would I go again? Possibly... Yes. Worth the price tag? If the upkeep maintained with more attention to detail... then yes.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Booked the Pin Up room as a surprise for my girlfriend, hoping to show her how much fun Brighton can be. Sadly the pictures on the website depict a much more upmarket experience than we had.
No mention was made of the scaffolding covering the front of the hotel when I booked.
The hotel may be meant to feel rock n roll but actually feels dingy and dirty.
Staff were friendly enough but very little effort had gone into making the hotel a clean and welcoming place to stay, we wish we hadn't.

1  Thank BFDSussexUK
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Unusual and an experience but slightly run down and in need of a refurb. Scaffolding up all over the front spoiled the sea view and had we known about that we probably wouldn't have booked. I imagine the live music sessions would be fun. Room we had was ok but could have done with a mirror for drying hair and getting ready as the lighting not great in bathroom.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Where do I start?!

I booked one night in The Pin Up Parlor as a suprise for my other half, she's into Burlesque and all things vintage - So it was perfect. Upon booking I emailed the hotel to ask whether it would be ok for me to send up two cards so they'd be ready and waiting for when we walked into our room. The hotel said it was fine - which was amazing. I also chose to order a box of six cupcakes to be in the room on arrival - indeed they were, with fresh fruit on top!

Checking in:

We arrived quite late for check-in considering you can from 3pm. We both had work that day so it was around 7pm ish. The lady at the bar let us in via the buzzer immediately and was very welcoming and smiley, even inviting us down later to try the chocolate-vodka that she was making.

We then chose to go up the stairs rather than take the life because we wanted to look at all the wonderful art work. Of course, as you may expect some is not for the "delicate eye" but this adds to the charm of the hotel and reminds you that you are in fact in Brighton.

The Room:

My partners first reaction was "WOW!" and then she spent the next fifteen minutes walking around the room, admiring every single detail. No word of a lie, she was thrilled and so was I.

We loved the fact that the TV was hidden in a shabby-chic style cabinet and we loved the bulb-lit vanity mirror, too. The finishing touches were excellent and it literally felt as though we were in a different era..

The Positives -

The decor - it's been very well done - with tons to look at.
The dressing table and mirror.
The sheets/duvets/cushions on the bed - it ties in with the room beautifully.
The working retro-looking phone.
The cheselong - right by the window.
The two curlywurlys!
The sound proofing - Although I have read reviews that have mentioned the poor sound proofing, when my partner and I arrived back at the hotel at about 12/1am we were warmly greeted and then were met with a horrendous sound. Someone staying at the hotel had a VERY loud snore going on... which quite frightened us at first! However upon getting back into our room, we could not hear a thing - despite the fact they must have been in the room next door.

The Negatives -

True to the reviews, the bathroom in this room is not decorated in theme with the room. Although this is to be expected, so can it really be a negative?
The bathroom floor was very creaky, but I though this added to the character...
I was awakened to the sink doing what I can only describes as... gurggling. It was very windy outside and I think it must have been raining, too... so perhaps it is something to do with the pipes. HOWEVER, I am a very light sleeper and will awaken to the drop of a feather, so this may not be an issue for others.
The bed was sagging in the middle, which isn't great, but the duvet was an easy distraction to such things!

Breakfast

Oh, LORD.
Breakfast was simply amazing.
I knew it would be as from the photo's, but really!
Service was impeccable and very friendly, we chose the "Full Monty" option. My partner had a fry up (which she loved) and I tried poached eggs for the first time.
I don't wish to add too much of "myself" into here but I genuinely hate poached eggs. I decided to bite the bullet whilst I was on such a high from being in such a lovely place and I was very much rewarded, they were beautifully done and very well presented.

We also had perfectly brewed coffee (which was unlimited), and juice and fresh fruit.

Check out

It is sad to say we did vocally say "goodbye" to our room, as we knew we were going to miss it so much. Check out was easy and we even purchased some of the hotel merch.

The cupcakes (or the few that were left) served a great treat for walking back towards Brighton town.

Overall

Yes, some aspects of the room could do with tidying up, but I genuinely believe if it had a pristine appearance much of the character would be lost. I also have great faith that the hotel is aware and very contentious in terms of presentation and do not feel as though they would let standards slip. And, yes, perhaps the bathrooms can one-day tie in with the theme. Who spends that much time in the shower anyway, though?

It's a beautiful hotel. All members of staff we came across were lovely. The room was lovely and exceeded my expectations. We definitely want to return, we're even thinking about having our engagement party there!

And a special thank you to the chef for helping me over-come my fear of poached eggs.

1  Thank ZoeGadd
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Great Hotel with an excellent breakfast
Stayed because they had a band playing so we came for the night and had a great time
Staff were very friendly and the owner Mick was very friendly and chatted to us in the bar.
Music in bar was excellent.
The hotel does everything it says on the tin.
May not be everyone's choice but we loved it the world would be dull if all hotels were like all the big chains

• Stayed: April 2014