“Brilliant - a hotel to remember”
Review of Hotel Pelirocco

Hotel Pelirocco
Ranked #5 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Gravesend, Kent
“Brilliant - a hotel to remember”
Reviewed 30 August 2009

Have just returned from a two night stay at the Hotel Pelirocco. I stayed with my boyfriend for a fun weekend break away. I chose this hotel hafter finding out about it on this site. We wanted something a bit different and fun from the normal identikit generic hotels and we definitely got that.

The service was great and our room was huge with a great sea view (we stayed in Betty's Boudoir). The location is great, right next to the front.

The breakfast was lovely and was served at the very civilised time of 9-11 on a weekend.

We will definitely return as would like to see some of the other rooms!

1 Thank gwyn4940

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 21 August 2009

My boyfriend and I booked into the 'Playroom' for one night. It is by far the most expensive room but you get your money's worth. And due to it's very nature we barely left the room and therefore got full use of it.

Staff were very friendly but when we arrived we had to wait half an hour for our room to be ready. At least it was well cleaned in that time. The room itself, or suite should I say, was bigger than I imagined. It had it's own street entrance for complete privacy. The lounge had a great seating area with massive tv ( and playstation which we didn't use). The bed was huge (8 foot round) and really comfy, had a great nights sleep. The pole was fun and well positioned. The hotel offers sexy dance lessons, as well as couples massage and a sex toy menu! The bath was also massive and had a couple of cushions for comfort. Previous reviewers have complained about lack of hot water, so there are now instructions as to how to ensure it stays hot. Double monsoon showers as good as bath. The bathroom maybe too big as it was a little cold.

There was a decent breakfast menu and food was good. Again the staff were friendly. Overall I loved this hotel and would defo go back. But probably only to the playroom again.

berkshire
Reviewed 5 August 2009

just came back from hotel pelirocco and wanted to say what a fantastic place this is, we had the choice of two rooms, the nookie room and the hot pink room, my boyfriend chose these for my birthday and he knows i love PINK!!
they were both great but we chose the hot pink room the view was fantastic and of course it was bright pink everwhere inside.
great service and the location was fantastic.
i would def recomend this to couples , however i would def stay here with my girly friends too .

2 Thank kellywelly1
WOKINGHAM
Reviewed 26 July 2009

Must write a review as second visit and just as good as the first!
Friendly efficient staff who are all really lovely, but a special mention to Amy who shone out especially!
My husband always treats me on my birthday so i couldn't think of a nicer hotel and place!
The decor is really unusual, very unique and with lots to take in!.
Not for the faint hearted but whilst in Rome, i mean Brighton and all that!
We stayed in the Pink P*ssy Room this time and the Ocean Room last Year. My husband in the mean time enjoyed the Soul Supreme with a girlfriend!
Breakfast is grand, simply in the bar area with fresh fruit, cereal, juice, water for the dehydrated ones who drank too much the night before! Choice of full english etc and vegies taken into consideration.
Excellant Hotel, keep up the great work and we will see you soon. X

5 Thank SUZY B
South East London
Reviewed 20 July 2009

What can I say! A truly terrific hotel with fantastic staff!

I came here for a night (I'm 19 yrs old) as a present to my boyfriend for his 21st and our 4 year anniversary and booked the play room. It was gorgeous! The bathroom is amazing and plenty big enough for two! and the bedroom is fantastic too. The bed was huge, comfortable and with a mirrored ceiling you couldn't really go wrong. The pole is perfectly placed next to the bed with mirrors behind it etc.
The lounge was a great space to relax and watch tele on the large rest plasma ever lol. The room was everything we could have

I had emailed the hotel prior to going and asked for champagne in the room which was provided (and verrry nice) and we turned up over an hour early and were shown straight to the room.

After we had been out for a while we came back to the bar for a few drinks (as it is open till 4!) and were there for a good few hours chatting to two the staff members and their friend - fantastic company and plenty of drink to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday!! Couldn't ask for friendlier staff. They really made us welcome and were such a laugh and usually me and my boyfriend like to keep ourselves to ourselves but they really were great fun.

The breakfast in the morning was yummy although it was definitely a chore getting up to go get it as neither of us wanted to leave the bed! (this can be avoided by ordering the champage breakfast which is delivered to your room but neither of us were in any state to be drinkin again lol)

And the dressing gowns! They provided two great big hot pink fluffy dressing gowns which were sooo comfortable… we were dying to take them home with us!

And having our own back door was useful as we knew we were not going to disturb anyone going in and out. As we both smoke it was very useful to have sole use of the patio (could do with a bit of a spring clean but practical) which lead from our lounge area.

Overall this room was amazing for a special occasion and we are definitely looking forward to going back and trying out all the other rooms available… although we are not too sure what could top the play room!

4 Thank Kay_D18
Southsea
Reviewed 14 July 2009

We stayed at Pelirocco as a surprise for my wife's birthday and we loved it!

We stayed for one night in the Pin-up Parlour (My wife loved the decor and detail) which was £110 for a week day night including breakfast, I'd say that was fair for Brighton...

We've stayed at few other 'boutique hotels' in Kemp Town over the last few years so I was pleased to discover what looked like a decent alternative in another part of town. Pelirocco delivered on all fronts, friendly staff, decent sized room (shower/toilet room was a bit small though, but hey) with sea view and an excellent breakfast.

I can safely say that we would return to Pelirocco without hesitation.

4 Thank kuffdam73
London
Reviewed 12 July 2009

I feel a bit bad about not giving Hotel Pelirocco a top rating, because we got a really good discount by phoning up at the last minute. We spent the first night in the Durex Play Room which is usually £250 per night. Glad we didn't pay anything near this as it wouldn't have been worthwhile. The suite is huge, with a circular bed, mirrored ceiling and pole. It's a lot of fun rather than actually sexy, but because the rest of the hotel, especially the service (or lack of, there was only one person working on our first day) is definitely 3*, just having a big room doesn't really justify £250 per night. Also it's down in the basement, so don't open the lovely pink drapes! The second night we stayed in the Absolute Love Room which was cute and had a nice view through the big bay windows. Again, the decor made it a different experience to the corporate feel of most hotels, but is a touch tawdry, don't expect any luxury at all. Beds both nice and comfy. Breakfast was fanastic, and other than the lack of staff on the first day, they were all very smiley and helpful. No hotel parking, we shelled out £25 to park under Regency Square for 2 days, and be aware, a big group of tramps sleep there at night/ the late morning.

4 Thank Mayfair82