Hostelpoint-Brighton
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$119
US$266
US$251
  • Beachfront
US$162
The Granville Hotel(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$142
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn Brighton Waterfront(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$186
  • Bar/Lounge
US$84
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsfree breakfastnational express buscommon roomanother guestthe location is perfectdouble roomstayed for nightsbunkbedssoapsseafronttlc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 April 2013

The facilities and location of this hostel were good. However, our room (number 16) was located on the first floor, above the hostel bar. The music from the bar below was so loud, with so much bass, that even with ear plugs in, we were unable to sleep until 3am when the music stopped. When this was raised with the staff in the morning, they simply replied that it was a popular venue. No apology was offered. A disappointing visit.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

This hostel is ideally located for our purpose.we ate there before going out and was very pleased with the fare.the room was basic, we paid £5 extra a night and got towel, soap and kettle.the shower was good which was important for us.continental bkf was cereal and toast cleared away promtly at 0930. this is a hostel !
not pretending to b a 5 star,so we were happy with it.

1  Thank barbadosbob-13
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I organised this trip for my hen do along with 16 ladies we arrived all well and good got keys to room not all worked very well at all! My room was shared with my fellow friends and was ok although there was no kettle Ect and generater was far to loud! My bosses room well I helped her get in and I said jesus the window must be open! ......... It wasn't!! The wooden framed windows allowed a gale force wind to blow thru the room and its a good job I told all my gang to take towels as we used the crappy hostel ones to insecelate the windows!!!! A little uneasy that they aloud anyone and everyone in, was ok just for one night , my friend and I got followed up to our room in the early hours of the morning by a young man which happened to be the bloke who checked us in on reception!!!!!!!! He was creeping around the corridors and was told to go away by my other friend! He was clearly on something as his eyes were all over the place!! Anyway finally got to bed didn't make it for breakfast but was informed by the rest of my party that the police had been in looking for someone :0/ (wonder wether it was the dude who followed us) . All in all it was an experience but would never ever stop there again!!! Needs a ruddy good clean! Also your better off taking bags and luggage with you then leaving as they lost one of our bags but eventually got it back!!!! Spend that extra on a secure hotel! Also the lift if you can call it that was no point in having it as you can only fit two people in it and didn't always work!

Room Tip: Don't bother!
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I have just got back from an overnight stay at your Brighton hostel. The booking experience was fine, no problem there. Check-in was helpful.

Unfortunately it went downhill from there.

We arrived on Saturday lunch-time and were checked in in a timely fashion by a helpful, cheery member of staff. When we ascended the stairs and reached our floor (3) we were met by the most overwhelming musty odour, delicately blended with the scent of human effluence. Not a good start. The view from the back window was...an air-conditioning unit. Unavoidable, admittedly, but as far as I'm aware, the rooms at the back cost the same amount as a sea-view. The added bonus of these air conditioning units was that they provided a hum audible even over the gale force winds that battered the coast this weekend. Needless to say, when combined with the fact that none of the doors in any of the stairwells were fitted with door closing mechanisms (at least functioning ones), meaning they slammed at all hours of the night, it was nigh impossible to hold up to our end of the bargain of St Christopher's Inn's motto of 'Party Hard, Sleep Well.' Even though there was an abundance of places to sleep - one extra helpfully folded cot bed and a mattress half-sticking out of a cupboard.

I'm sorry to say that when we woke up this morning, after not being able to make a cup of tea because despite teabags, instant coffee and sugar being readily available, there was no kettle (or toilet paper in the room, in fact - we had to find someone to ask for that...) and went to check out, which took an impossible amount of time, (we needed to get back our deposit for our towel and it seems there's only one member of staff in the hostel who's capable of performing that task), to be greeted by an empty pizza box and half a kebab at the bottom of the stairwell into the lobby, we couldn't wait to leave. The two police officers we passed on our way out didn't look like they were popping in for a Belushi's breakfast.

Room Tip: Go up the road to the Mercure!
1  Thank Twitcomb
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I was here for a mates hen weekend in August 2012. Myself and 4 friends were staying in the 6 bed female dorm which was clean and had enough space between the bunks to move around/get changed etc! I wish i had known about the storage crates under the bunks as I would have bought a padlock with me.

The bathroom in the dorm was clean and functional with a shower! The only downside was the 2 night minimum stay policy as we only planned to stay one night!

The location is perfect, across the road from brighton pier and right in the middle of all the bars/clubs and lanes!

• Stayed: August 2012