See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 August 2017

I stayed in the height of season (August 18th) for one night, Saturday. (Our group of 8 stayed for 2 nights - Fri-Sat)

After reading the reviews I was very nervous to stay in this hostel! Bias really does kick in when you see them and think, 'oh god a hostel'...
But I put all my emotions aside to celebrate a hen party with my girl friends.

On arriving, the stairs were steep, so carrying luggage was tough. But the room was clean (aside from the mess of the hens!) and the bathroom was standard, but again clean. not sparkling, but clean.

I was concerned initially about security, because of it being a hostel. but we had cages, which made me chuckle and 3 door cards between the 8 of us, so all in all security was fine! being at the top of the hostel too, nobody would have been bothered to get up there! LOL
The bed, although not made, had clean sheets and didn't worry me at all.
Shower was sweet too - hot water and powerful - no complaints.
The location is spot on! A great stumble back from pubs/clubs!

Considering I only stayed the night, and just to sleep, I would stay here again if I needed budget and a bed for a night!

All in all - my verdict = good cheap bed for a night! But don't get too caught up on the cleanliness. Its clean, certainly not the grime people expressed (dismiss the over exaggerated reviews) but just remember it is not the Ritz

Room Tip: Top floor is the best!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Danielle D
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

This is located on the sea front and provides affordable accommodation in Brighton. It is a budget stay so you should not expect five star luxury.

The location is perfect and the staff are friendly providing a warm and familiar welcome - rather than being just another guest.

I thought this was sound for the small amount you pay.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank northants90
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

This is the worst I have ever seen... Put in a room with 7 men. As a woman this made me feel very uncomfortable and a little unsafe. Room was filthy. No plugs in room to charge phone. Toilet was disgusting. No curtains in rooms. Couldn't sleep. People allowed to come and go any time of the night. Man smoked a joint in the room.. Not against drugs but I am when its 5am and a total stranger.. Adding to the unsafe feeling.. They don't disclose that they allow homeless to stay here.. Not a problem but you should be told.. This would be deal breaker from some.. Had to check out at 5am because I just couldn't stay or sleep and felt awful.. Wasn't refunded my money for the second night even though I didn't stay. Just a truly terrible and traumatic experience.. For your own sake do not stay here.. The youth association hostel is just around the corner and is leaps and bounds ahead.. Do yourself a favor and go there.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
7  Thank Joyce D
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Listen to the reviews on here! Avoid at all costs! Dirty, run down, will not be going back! We landed up not even staying for the full time. Could not get any sleep with all the loud noises from the street and no curtains in the room. The bathroom was mouldy and smelly! Avoid!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank Tyron T
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

This hostel is very run down and was such a dissapointment. We stayed in the 8 sleeper mixed dorm room, there were no curtains, the walls were stained, the floors had not been swept or cleaned (looked like for days), the bathroom had bad mould all around, the window sills and bed frames were full of dirt and dust. The bedding was clean but tattered and torn in places. I did not feel safe here, there are dodgy old men always in the lobby area. We should have trusted our instincts when we saw the outside of the building! Stay away! The only posivtive thing about this hostel is the location close to the pier.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends