“The location is the best”
Review of New Madeira Hotel

New Madeira Hotel
Ranked #70 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights over the Pride weekend.The twin room we had was very basic, but I wasn't there to stay in all weekend, so it was fine. This isn't a hotel for families with young children, nor would I advise the elderly to stay here as there's a nightclub downstairs. Its good for hen's or stag's. The location is excellent and the price isn't too bad.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights sun-fri. Room was fantastic- had a single but I had asked for a seaview room soon after I booked and got it- I was looking directly out onto the pier and wheel. Spacious, clean bathroom, comfy bed, cleaned everyday. Breakfast was served from 7am which was perfect for me as I had to leave at 7:30am every morning i was there, served quickly, tasted soo good! Reception staff were v welcoming, v polite and helpful.

The only negative was I was woken in the early hours of one night by a couple arguing outside my room door- they were really loud and I think the man was assaulting the woman, was pretty scary - thought I was still dreaming! I think it lasted for a good few minutes before they were chucked out...couldnt tell whether they were hotel guests or from the bar downstairs.

I read a lot of reviews complaining about the noise levels from the club downstairs- it's only open fri&sat nights so I wasn't affected for this.

Had a very enjoyable stay. Would def recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview room. I called them up after I had already booked the room and they said they did...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The pics of the hotel rooms doesn't assemble our rooms at all. Our twin room ant single room on the second floor had dirty and dusty ceiling, a hole in the wall in the bathroom. The beds were old and smelly. According to reviews there should be refurbished rooms. Haven't seen them but we do get to pay the same amount of money. Just stayed for one night.

Room Tip: Ask fr the refurbished rooms
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed Friday and Saturday nights but were unaware that there was a night club on ground floor from 10 pm to 3 am. Although we were on the 3rd floor we could still hear the beat of the music and the noise on the street below when people were leaving so it is not a great place to stay if you want to sleep.Otherwise room was clean, the beds comfy and we had a good view of the pier and the wheel. Very good breakfast but parking can be a problem due to location. Might stay again but not on a weekend.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor on east side should be quieter
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Three of us shared a room at this hotel one Saturday in February. The hotel room was large and clean but unfortunately there was no heating in our bathroom. We were very happy that we were only staying one night!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Went here for a friends 30th & we had a 4 bed room to make sure we were all together. Despite a lack of plugs the room was clean and large enough for us all. The beds were comfy, we had an excellent sea view of the wheel and were a stones throw from the beach & the pier. We had the breakfast as we thought it was free only to be met with a bill when we left which was slightly surprising but not expensive.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Stayed here from the 14th to the 16th June.... perfect location for a stag weekend, staff in the hotel couldn't of been more helpful from the moment we booked, rooms and breakfast spot on for the price we paid.... would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013