“Quick change”

New Madeira Hotel
Ranked #70 of 97 Brighton B&B and Inns
“Quick change”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after refusing to stay in a room given to us at a larger hotel on 10/09/13. We were accommodated with a sea facing room right opposite the big wheel . Fab views and really good breakfast, friendly staff and all in all I would return here .

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

me and 2 friends booked this for 2 nights, has it was pride we wanted to stay the weekend, this hotel caught our eye, its local to restaurants/cafes , and sainsburys and Tesco was only 3 minute walk excellent if you want something urgent!

The room was clean , spacious and tidy,
the thing that annoyed us. was that someone pressed the fire bell and that bell was bloody LOUD at 1am!!!

other than that. this is a great hotel and location :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Essex
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Hotel very basic, some rooms more like dorms but for what we wanted was perfect. Would be very disappointed if I had booked it with my husband but for a group of 20 girls it was ideal. Good location opposite wheel but staff were unfriendly and unorganised! Woman made us pay twice for parking on the front, when we told her we had already paid she shouted at us, customer service is not a strong point.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank lauren_lee4
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed the August bank holiday weekend, we wasn't aware of the nightclub on the ground floor, we were on the 3rd floor but the summer nights ment all the doors were open, club didn't close until 3am so wasn't impressed. It was supposed to only open fri/sat but they had a party on the Sunday also. Very dated hotel although they have tried to paint over this. Breakfast is ok if you don't mind them using original sauce bottles with cheap alternatives inside. Location is good but I would never stay here again

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Maggiel64

Travellers are raving about these Brighton hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights over the Pride weekend.The twin room we had was very basic, but I wasn't there to stay in all weekend, so it was fine. This isn't a hotel for families with young children, nor would I advise the elderly to stay here as there's a nightclub downstairs. Its good for hen's or stag's. The location is excellent and the price isn't too bad.

• Stayed August 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights sun-fri. Room was fantastic- had a single but I had asked for a seaview room soon after I booked and got it- I was looking directly out onto the pier and wheel. Spacious, clean bathroom, comfy bed, cleaned everyday. Breakfast was served from 7am which was perfect for me as I had to leave at 7:30am every morning i was there, served quickly, tasted soo good! Reception staff were v welcoming, v polite and helpful.

The only negative was I was woken in the early hours of one night by a couple arguing outside my room door- they were really loud and I think the man was assaulting the woman, was pretty scary - thought I was still dreaming! I think it lasted for a good few minutes before they were chucked out...couldnt tell whether they were hotel guests or from the bar downstairs.

I read a lot of reviews complaining about the noise levels from the club downstairs- it's only open fri&sat nights so I wasn't affected for this.

Had a very enjoyable stay. Would def recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview room. I called them up after I had already booked the room and they said they did...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Uppsala, Sweden
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

The pics of the hotel rooms doesn't assemble our rooms at all. Our twin room ant single room on the second floor had dirty and dusty ceiling, a hole in the wall in the bathroom. The beds were old and smelly. According to reviews there should be refurbished rooms. Haven't seen them but we do get to pay the same amount of money. Just stayed for one night.

Room Tip: Ask fr the refurbished rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family