“Great place!”

Ranked #27 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Oviedo, Spain
“Great place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

Love the hotel, the deco and the staff.
Right in the seafront and oposite the brighton pier.
Very friendly staff and owners
Also great food at their bistro bar, the A Bar.
We´ll be back soon for sure!

Room Tip: the seaside rooms are more quiet... but u´ll miss the amazing views
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Just stayed at the Amsterdam Hotel with the family for a short break. The hotel is smart, clean and well presented and situated in a great location in Brighton, overlooking the pier. The hotel staff were really helpful too. I would recommend the hotel highly and would definitely look to stay there again when we return to Brighton.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

The room was comfortable, but small and very noisy, the price to pay to have a balcony with a Brighton Pier view.

The bathroom was quite small as well with that very "no personality" wet room style.

The breakfast was nice and the staff very friendly and helpful...

• Stayed August 2013
AmsterdamHotel, Manager at Amsterdam Hotel Brighton, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Hi
We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. could you please give your booking details, so we can look in to this matter. And we will get back to you soon as possible

KT Firose
Hotel Manager
E Mail : firose@amsterdam.uk.com
Exeter
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

I start my review by saying that my wife and I actually did enjoy our stay, and I'll get my whinge out of the way "up front"!! Not withstanding the fact that unknown to me, it had been "Pride" weekend in Brighton (whatever that means) which resulted in innumerable street and road closures, and that the postcode punched into my TomTom navigator wanted to take me the wrong way up, a closed, one way street (Madeira Road), and when I refused it (the TomTom) started getting cross with me, I drove past the "A" (sandwiched between "Kitchen*Venue (A) Bar*Kitchen") before asking someone where Amsterdam was; had he said Holland, he'd have had the TomTom stuffed down his throat. But there it was, the entrance on the "Madeira Road" not the "Marine Parade" (that's where the "A" Bar is fronted).

However, we only used the hotel as a hotel, as I was having dinner elsewhere with my daughter who I hadn't seen for 4 years. The room was good, the staff perfect, the facilities OK, the Breakfast, well, paying 90 GBP on a Sunday, and only getting a continental, is a black mark for me (but I probably didn't read the fine print!). One very good point is that in our bedroom, we could hear nothing of any outside, nor inside (very busy bar) noises. I had an excellent night's sleep.

It was better than OK, and I would go there again, and recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlfredtheGreat
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

The A Bar staff are really friendly, always going out of their way to be helpful. The place is always clean, and it's quick to get served. The food menu is great, and the recent evening Caribbean menu is a real treat. The best food of all is Sunday lunch - certainly the finest in Brighton.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Everywhere I go I check trip advisor reviews and this hotel is worthy of a great review, and I've stayed in a good few hotels in Brighton.
So we travelled as a group of 5 for one night admittedly we were out until the early hours but hey we have kids and we wanted to let our hair down on our night out...
From the minute we pulled up went into reception to ask about parking the young guy on reception was out the door helping us with our bags... I think we had all packed for a week!
He was so friendly yet professional, check in was great rooms were ready and all the rooms were nice we had the penthouse, a sea view with a balcony and a double without the view....
All three rooms were clean and lovely, no issues at all plenty of space comfy beds always a plus...
The penthouse works if you travel with friends as there is a lounge area with plenty of seating for pre going out drinks a fab area to socialise rather than all sat round on a bed like kids!!
The reception guy saw we had some drinks with us and bought us a jug of ice up to the room.
The bar under the hotel was nice too, initially after reading reviews we were unsure if it was a gay bar or not... it did not bother us either way...
When we went it did not matter who you were, no one was made to feel out of place which was lovely we met some fab people :-)
The following morning breakfast was good contenital selection bread, cereals, cheese ham, juices etc.
Check out was 12, even better not many hotels have this without paying extra!
This hotel was great it was very laid back and has genuinely friendly staff which is rare to find!
And I can't say enough it does not matter who you are everyone was made to feel welcome!
We will all definitely be back again great place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Me and my partner stayed here for two nights and we had a room that faces out towards the sea. The room was small but it had a balcony and amazing view so can't really complain. Not as if you spend 24/7 in the room! Staff were friendly and told us where to go and short cuts etc. GREAT location. Close to everything and so easy to find it if you ever get lost wondering around town. Breakfast is basic but still fairly good. You don't walk away hungry. We will definitely come back in the future!

• Stayed July 2013