“A fantastic birthday experience”

Amsterdam Hotel Brighton
Ranked #28 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in the hotel for my 21st birthday yesterday, originally we booked the double en suite with terrace but got upgraded to the penthouse suite upon our arrival. It was such a lovely surprise. The penthouse was amazingly good. Very spacious, modern/unique decor. The view from the living room was outstanding with the Brighton wheel and the beach right outside our window. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who's looking for a seafront prime location but at an affordable price too. Overall I had a great birthday and was very sad to leave. Definitely revisiting again!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 August 2013

I have used theAmsterdam hotel from its early struggling days to the present time it truly has come of age. Many of Brightyon's hotels are small and friendly but not very professional. You have managed to be that much bigger that much more slick and as polished an outfit as I have come across. Having been in the hotel game for forty years or more I do know what I'm talking about. Well done I will certainly be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeffery B
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Visited The Amsterdam bar and restaurant yesterday with a friend. The bar staff were friendly and it's in a great location just on the sea front. We sat outside to eat in the lovely sunshine. My friend and I both had the Jerk Chicken - it was soo tastey and the portion sizes were good. Would definitely recommend. We had the ginger and toffee pudding after and it was so yummy! I would like to go back and try the whole menu :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Love the hotel, the deco and the staff.
Right in the seafront and oposite the brighton pier.
Very friendly staff and owners
Also great food at their bistro bar, the A Bar.
We´ll be back soon for sure!

Room Tip: the seaside rooms are more quiet... but u´ll miss the amazing views
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Just stayed at the Amsterdam Hotel with the family for a short break. The hotel is smart, clean and well presented and situated in a great location in Brighton, overlooking the pier. The hotel staff were really helpful too. I would recommend the hotel highly and would definitely look to stay there again when we return to Brighton.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

The room was comfortable, but small and very noisy, the price to pay to have a balcony with a Brighton Pier view.

The bathroom was quite small as well with that very "no personality" wet room style.

The breakfast was nice and the staff very friendly and helpful...

• Stayed: August 2013
AmsterdamHotel, Manager at Amsterdam Hotel Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Hi
We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. could you please give your booking details, so we can look in to this matter. And we will get back to you soon as possible

KT Firose
Hotel Manager
E Mail : firose@amsterdam.uk.com

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I start my review by saying that my wife and I actually did enjoy our stay, and I'll get my whinge out of the way "up front"!! Not withstanding the fact that unknown to me, it had been "Pride" weekend in Brighton (whatever that means) which resulted in innumerable street and road closures, and that the postcode punched into my TomTom navigator wanted to take me the wrong way up, a closed, one way street (Madeira Road), and when I refused it (the TomTom) started getting cross with me, I drove past the "A" (sandwiched between "Kitchen*Venue (A) Bar*Kitchen") before asking someone where Amsterdam was; had he said Holland, he'd have had the TomTom stuffed down his throat. But there it was, the entrance on the "Madeira Road" not the "Marine Parade" (that's where the "A" Bar is fronted).

However, we only used the hotel as a hotel, as I was having dinner elsewhere with my daughter who I hadn't seen for 4 years. The room was good, the staff perfect, the facilities OK, the Breakfast, well, paying 90 GBP on a Sunday, and only getting a continental, is a black mark for me (but I probably didn't read the fine print!). One very good point is that in our bedroom, we could hear nothing of any outside, nor inside (very busy bar) noises. I had an excellent night's sleep.

It was better than OK, and I would go there again, and recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple