“Respite with broken ribs!”

Amsterdam Hotel Brighton
Ranked #28 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I spent a long weekend in Brighton and stayed at one of it's horrors. I decided to check out and ask if it was OK to spend my final night at the Amsterdam as I had walked past it daily. Charles was an absolute Gentleman! I explained that I had not had the best time, had 2 broken ribs, and he invited me around within 30 minutes. The room was beautiful, accessed and immediately next door to a lift, the bed was tightly double sheeted (I expect particularly prepared for my injury), the wet room was fabulous and the staff so very kind (Duty Manager & Jefferson). Coming from within the industry, I choose not to be negative at all. There are no 'buts', for me this was just great. Thank you very much!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Amsterdam Hotel Brighton

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed there 21st/22nd March with my best friend and we had such a good time. I have to say, when we first walked in to our room we were disappointed, it was a twin room with not enough room to swing a cat in so I would definitely recommend booking a larger room if you want more comfort. However, we weren't planning on spending lots of time in it so that aside, the friendliness of the owner and his fantastic staff just made it for us. They couldn't do enough to help without being 'over the top'. A really fun and friendly hotel and we will definitely be back. One tip, if you're going to book, go direct to a hotel, not a third party as the hotel guarantees the best rates. Something we will remember for next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Just back from an overnight stay - Saturday into Sunday . The room was spotless albeit small, with a nice walk in shower . The staff very polite and friendly and the £7.50 for 24hrs parking right outside was brilliant . The down side of our stay was the lack of sleep due to the music from the club next door , and the guest above us who seemed to have insomnia and had forgotten to take the concrete out of their shoes. Yes I realise that it was a Saturday night , but be mindful of this is you want a good nights sleep. Other than that its always good to come back to my home town .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We chose the hotel for a night's stay when visiting a great jazz venue nearby, Verdict Jazz Club, just a few streets back. The hotel was slightly less polished than its website suggests, but the room was comfortable, if fairly small, and we had a sea view which was what we wanted. The position was perfect for getting around the key parts of Brighton, and the price won't unreasonable.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MyDailyPlanet
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I recently spent eight nights here after getting a great special rate. Room was very clean. Since I like a cool room, I managed to turn the heat off and open the window. My room was in the back of the hotel, where most of the noise came from sea gulls and pigeons. The duvet was rather heavy for my liking. I did not have breakfast at the hotel so I cannot comment on that. As others have mentioned, the staff is very friendly here. I would recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank barseve
Reviewed 2 March 2014

First time in Brighton. So glad I stayed at the Amsterdam hotel. Would definitely come back to stay here!! The staff were superb!! Perfect location room was lovely. All round great experience!! Well done guys

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We arrived early, this wasn't a problem to the friendly staff there and we were shown to our room… Our room was above the bar and had magnificent views of the Sea and Pier. The balcony door opened on to a small Verandah where you could sit out and enjoy the views.

The room was spotlessly clean and the facilities were wholly adequate, nice big walk in shower.

Probably our room would be noisy at night but if you're like us and are the ones causing the noise in the bar below this wouldn't be an issue.

We were late down for breakfast and missed it but again this wasn't a problem as the Manager just prepared some Tea and Pastries on the house, which he didn't need to do..

Lovely place, great location and even better staff… So so friendly. Heading back there in August 14 for Pride ….

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends