“Daylight robbery!”

Ranked #27 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Daylight robbery!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel a few months ago with two other couples and each couple paid £150 per room. We were looking forward to a nice overnight stay in brighton and considering its prime location we expected a modern contemporay room.
We walked into our room and could not believe we had been conned out of £150 for what was a small box room, extremely dated, filthy carpets and a bathroom that smelt musky. There was no view as we were at the back of the property. I could not put my bare feet on the floor for fear of what was in the disgusting carpet.
My husband went straight down to reception to ask to be moved but was told the hotel was full (although we certainly didnt seem amny other people there so found that hard to believe!!
Our friends who paid exsctly the same had a seaview rooom with nice balcony, no csrpets and nice airy room.. we would have happily paid £150 for that room...
Included in the price was contiental breakfast and on the ticket it clearly said breakfast was until 10.30 , I got down at 10.10am and the guy at the bar said I should have been down by 10am and should have been told that when I checked in! I was definately not told that as clearly if I was I would have got down before 10!! He said all the food had been put away so I coukd not have breakfast. I strongly suggest management changes the breakfast ticket to reflect the correct time!!!!!!!!
The only plus side to this shambles of a hotel is its location!!! AVOID

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jacinta m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Had a great lunch there yesterday. Excellent food, well priced, and great service. The staff are really helpful and friendly whenever we visit. Always clean and the staff make you very welcome. Highly recommended

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Never trust an hotel on top of a Bar :)
Room are small and hot and we also believed we had an after stag do party in some random room in the middle of the night.
But it is on the beach front so it got its charm.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 5 August 2014

A small hotel which is just a short walk to Brighton Pier and the city. Near to some good restaurants at the beach. Some rooms do not have direct lift access. May need to climb 1 or 2 flights of stairs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with direct access to lift.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have been going to this bar for the past 4 years.
I consider ALL the staff to be friends.
I have NEVER seen rudeness from the staff.
For me and my partner its a wonderful bar to spend time in
with friends. Its an extremely friendly place which is MOST
welcoming.
It annoys me enormously when people write nasty, false reviews
for such a lovely place. Maybe that person should look at themselves more honestly.

Room Tip: This review is specifically about the A bar below the hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank brightonolder
Hastings
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I booked this hotel for a special occasion. I booked a boutique double, at £120 I thought it was reasonably priced. On arrival we were greeted by a lovely gentleman, very friendly and welcoming. He made sure we had everything we needed and then have us the key and directed us to our room. Room 10. The room was lovely, a comfortable bed, big flat screen tv, very bright and airy and the balcony had the most beautiful view. The bathroom was clean, and the shower was very powerful. It only took two seconds to get the water to the right temperature. I have to admit I read some reviews on here before I went and was a little weary. There was some noise from the club below, from about 1am-3am or something like that. But it wasn't as bad as the reviews said, it was bearable. I still slept like a baby, the bed was so comfy. The next morning I had a nice cup of tea on the balcony and then we went down for breakfast, this was included in the price. We were greeted by two lovely guys, again very welcoming. They showed us the buffet and took us to a lovely table by the window facing the sea. The breakfast was continental, croissants, toast, juices, cereals, jams etc. there were also a selections of meats and cheeses. The two men brought us tea and coffee to our table. They were very funny and seemed like they enjoyed working there, a lovely atmosphere. We will definitely be coming back. I stayed in quite a few hotels and the staff here were the most friendly and helpful. I really was so pleased with my stay at the Amsterdam hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank HotelChick123
Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed with boyfriend this weekend and was very pleased. The staff were very friendly and warm, the bedroom was a good size and most importantly it was clean. Great location too! Don't forget to ask about the parking permit for zone C....will save you a fortune over car parks!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple