“Exceeded my expectations”

Ranked #27 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
“Exceeded my expectations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2010

Arrived just after lunch and check in was quick and simple. Very friendly man on front desk. We had the twin room and whilst it didn't really have a sea view, if you looked out to the right you could see the sea which was nice. Room was large enough for a twin and the bathroom was fine. Plenty of tea/coffee etc and wardrobe was fine for two. No fridge which was OK for April but I think I would have liked one if the weather was hotter. Location is excellent, couldn't have asked for better really, right opposite the pier. Didn't eat in the Restaurant so can't comment. Bar was fine, overlooking the sea and has outside terrace seating too. Free wi-fi was a nice bonus. All in all, very good!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2010

Really enjoyed my stay at this hotel over the Easter period, the hotel is in the process of being refurbished which will be a real improvement as it will open up the bar area onto the terrace making it feel like one big area. Sunday lunch was great and represented very good value for money.

Keep up the good work guys!

One slight downer though, the staff sometimes think their chat on the phone or text is more important than the customer who has to wait. A relatively minor point on the face of it but in reality could be a potential "put off" for some customers.

Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
wiltshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2010

This was the first time we had come to Brighton and the staff we're helpful from the moment we arrived helping me park my car safely and close by before insuring we had everything we needed to make our stay as confortable as possible.
The room was perfect for us both and had all the facilities we needed. The views over looking the Pier and sea were beautiful.
The staff were very helpful and friendly by informing us of where the best places were to visit. We found this very useful as we didnt know our way around Brighton.

We very much enjoyed our weekend in Brighton and the Amsterdam Hotel completed our trip and we will always recommend them.
Thank you guys for a great time.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2010

My partner and I arrived at The Amsterdam hotel & were pleasantly surprised by the fantastic location - right on the seafront! From the outside the hotel looks more like a pub with a beer garden in the front & nice seating area inside. I must admit I was slightly dubious about what the hotel would bring after booking this online and without Reading any reviews. I needn't of worried! The customer service was friendly and helpful - we were shown to our room, The Penthouse, right at the top with spectacular views of the beach & glorious skyline. We had our own lounge with leather sofas & a chaise lounge, desk and fridge as well as nice TV, bedroom housed another TV as well as a four poster bed & the bathroom was ultra modern. Above all, everything was very clean and to a great standard-highly recommend it & will definitely be back when visiting Brighton again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Leicester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2010

Always a great welcome at this hotel Charles and the team are always friendly and accommodating. Nice clean rooms ample tea and coffee and hangars in the wardrobes! The only negative may be that the sea view rooms can be noisy from the nightclub below - but we loved it!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Europa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2010

We where not sure if having a W/E break in London or Brighton, after a little argument with my partner we chose Brighton, and we stayed at the Amsterdam Hotel. We where very happy to find the staff at the reception so helpful and friendly we were given a big room overlooking the Brighton Pier, the views where stunning as had been snowing all night, the idillic condition and the comfort of our room made my partner and I more colosed to each other. We will always remember this little brake. We will definetly be back.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Hampshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2009

We booked this hotel for a romantic weekend away, we wanted to stay near to Brightons attractions and my husband thought it would be special to get a nice seaview room somewhere. This hotel seemed to fit the bill as it had a great location and was still available with our last minute booking... HOWEVER, our seaview room was right above the bar, the music was so loud it felt like we were actually in the bar. As the night went on the music got louder and we could even feel the bass through the floor!! When we asked what time it would finish were told "its going to be a late one, possibly 3am" . Sleeping was impossible even with ear plugs. In the end we had to leave the hotel at 1.30am and drive an hour and half home. We did get our money back after complaining serveral times. At one point we were told "well, it is saturday night!!" If I had wantd to stay awake all night I would have just gone to a nightclub and saved myself £130! Needless to say I will not be returning to this hotel. The room was very basic and cold and there was no hot water for the shower, although my husband thought the room was ok.
This was so disapointing because in terms of location the hotel is great. and the staff were friendly, but to advertise seaview rooms and charge extra for the privilege but not mention the bar below them is out of order. Be warned!
Oh and another thing, this is clearly a gay friendly hotel but to have a "men only" sauna that women can't use is also poor.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple