“fantastic for short honeymoon”
Review of Blanch House

Blanch House
Ranked #1 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Blanch House was booked as a wedding pressie,our two day break was a fantastic surprise. We stayed in the luxurious Art-deco inspired Legacia room with en-suite. The breakfast was a delight it was all you could ask of a quality B&B. sorry,really no negatives.........Thank you to all the staff from the welcome to the departure.

Room Tip: sea view in legacia room
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 November 2012

My wife & I have just returned from a fantastic stay at the jewel in Brighton's crown. An immaculate hotel, enthusiastic and attentive staff and perfect food. This hotel is everything you want a city hotel to be.

Room Tip: Try the cocktails, they're fantastic! Oh, and don't forget your luggage as we did!
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Blanch House has all the ingrediencts for a great B&B - cool bar, chic rooms, quality breakfast. What more do you want? Some downsides?

Well, the room we stayed in was a bit on the hot side. That's about the only negative thing I can say.

I suppose you could say the location isn't perfect, but it's pretty good. You have to cross two roads to get to the beach, but on this (east) side of the pier, that's just the deal in Brighton.

The staff were super, the place is great. I would stay there again, no question.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I recently visited Brighton for a Birthday party and we stayed at the Blanch House. Very friendly and helpful staff, beautifully decorated and maintained throughout. Lovely bar area to chill or meet friends (and well made cocktails), great breakfast choice and dining area good too. People like to know the negatives so I will give you two - firstly you will be very lucky to get a parking spot outside the hotel (although we did!) but this applies to all hotels in the area. You also have to pay for a parking permit but again this is standard for Brighton. Secondly our bathrooom was a wee bit on the small side, which is often the case in hotels/guesthouses that have been converted from residential houses, however the bathroom fittings were all excellent as was the supply of hot water. In summary, I would definately recommend to a friend.

Room Tip: Rooms at back (eg Moroccan room) are quieter.
Reviewed 3 November 2012

We booked this Hotel after looking at trip advisor, and i must say i was very impressed.
Myself and my wife stayed overnight and this was my first time in Brighton. One thing that did impress us is the warm and welcoming reception when we arrived, The Full English Breakfast was very good the quality of the breakfast was of a high standard, also the waitress was helpful and cheery. we will be going back the the Blanch House

Reviewed 2 November 2012

Stayed for 3 nights was upgraded even after getting a discounted price. Took a short break from work. Was rested and relaxed after our stay.

We were struck by the warmth of the welcome, and the helpfulness of the staff. Next time I'm in Brighton I will stay here..... even if I have to pay full price!

Thankyou
Paul & Yvette

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2012

This was my second stay at Blanch House, we had come to Brighton for a Unison conference and will always be using Blanch house as price and service on very good. All new staff so was thinking at things might have changed. Well the only thing that had was the staff. Same warm welcome to a well presented hotel. As clean as ever, heating working well I.e. not too hot and not cold at all. The hotel was full but this did not impact on service. Saturday morning breakfast must have been mad for the staff as everyone turned up at the same time. If it was too much for the staff it did not show. Food was out fast and cups & glasses kept full.

Room Tip: I have had a look at all rooms and they are very nice. This time I was in Legacia. I love this room...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business