Blanch House
Legends Hotel(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$101
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$89
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$245
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
1,310 results
All reviewshomemade biscuitsperrier jouetmoroccan roomgalaxy roomalice roompoppy roomparking permitfull englishon arrivalbreakfast was excellentboutique hotelkemp townroll top baththemed roomsmy partnerquiet streetlovely room
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Had a wonderful time in Brighton and Blanch House just made it. Our cosy room was lovely, with attention to detail, robes, homemade biscuits which were 'lush'. A fabulous breakfast both mornings and very attentive staff. This place is a real gem. Kerry looked after our every needs. Very comfy bed and extremely clean. Just outside the town it was situated perfectly. Thank you for making our stay a fab one and we will definitely be back. It was very easy to book and all the staff were helpful giving us suggestions on restaurants and places to visit. Hope to go back really soon.

Room Tip: Our room which was the Sakura was 'cosy' but just perfect for a weekend.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I booked this B&B having stayed at several reasonable B&Bs before in the centre of Brighton. The website is very helpful and accurate and although located slightly further away from the main centre it is well served by bus routes and within easy walking distance of many restaurants and pubs.

Booking is easy and check in times, by appointment, are very flexible. I arrived at 11.30am and was met by a smiling young lady with the most amazing shock of purple hair who welcomed me and showed me to my room which was ready, even at that early time. From then on, my contact with the B&B was with Josie, a multi tasking star if ever there was one. One minute receptionist, accessing any web site you needed for bus routes, maps and places to visit, the next bar tender (or should that be tenderess??!!) serving cocktails and being very pleasant company. Next morning, who should be cooking breakfast, yes Josie, a full english breakfast to thoroughly enjoy. Ably assisted by a young french waiter who was attentive and pleasant, who I have to add, also cleaned the rooms.

The room I stayed in was Sakura, which I chose as it had a bath with shower option as well. The bed was very comfortable and the room size very adequate for single occupancy. Wardrobe space was small but again ok for a short stay. Wifi is good but fades a bit as you move upstairs.

All in all, for the price, I would recommend this B&B, there are not many that boast a bar! The choice of music was smooth jazz which was very much in keeping with the style and pace of this place.

Definitely worth a visit and I will stay here again.

Room Tip: The pub at the back/side is a bit noisy but all went quiet around closing so didnt disturb the sleep.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Just returned from a lovely stay at Blanch House. We stayed in the Renaissance room which was described as "cosy" however it was bigger than I anticipated it would be.
The room was provided with dressing gowns and towels that were bigger than a postage stamp!
There were home made biscuits on arrival and being shown to our room was a nice touch.

The breakfast was delicious and the staff could not do enough for us.

The Kemp Town location was perfect and nice to be so close to the sea.

My only minor complaint (if not more of a suggestion) is that the only accessible mirror was in the bathroom which meant that it could only be used by one person at a time which is tricky when you're getting ready for a night out and the flex of the hairdryer didn't reach so I couldn't see what I was doing, but that's easily fixed by providing an additional mirror!

All in all, I cannot recommend it enough and will be booking with Blanch House for our next trip in the summer.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My daughter and I have just returned from a three night stay at Blanch House. What a lovely place! Everything, from the welcome on arrival to check out was classy and made the stay special. We stayed in Harlequin room. It wasn't big but beautifully decorated with an enormous, extremely comfortable bed. The attention to detail, from home made biscuits in the room each day to free wifi was fantastic. Don't book this room if you want a good outlook but it didn't bother us. The breakfasts were very good with a good range of pastries and fruit on the buffet and an excellent menu. The cocktail bar was comfortable and I can highly recommend the Blanch House Raspberry Royale.
The hotel is ideally situated in vibrant Kemp Town. There were so many good restaurants in the locality. All the ones we tried, on Kerry's recommendation were excellent.
All in all Kerry and his well trained team made our stay in Brighton memorable. I will certainly return. My husband, who is extremely jealous of the fact he missed out on this trip, already planning our next visit. Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My daughter and I have just got home from a spontaneous stay at this little gem in Kemptown. Great cocktails, outstanding service and a comfy bed. What else could you ask for ? Breakfast which exceeded our expectations. Thanks to Josie who made us feel very special. Would highly recommend to all. We will be back soon. Thanks Sarah and Natalia.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family