“Brilliant B&B” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
UK
“Brilliant B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Sometimes you get to a 'boutique' B&B and it's not quite what you hoped for: Blanche House couldn't be further from that. We stayed for Pride weekend and were very pleasantly surprised by our entire stay. Kerry welcomed us, taking our bags as we had arrived early, and was exceedingly helpful regarding the parking arrangements (on-street). Our room was a bit of a trek to the top of the house but the staircase is neither sloping nor uneven as is the case with some similar properties, it only poses a problem if you are suffering from a mobility condition - I made it after 2 bottles of wine!
The room was bright, clean and modern with tea & coffee making facilities, chilled water and delicious homemade shortbread bikkies!
Josie looked after us at virtually every stage (does she ever sleep?) providing fantastic hospitality, humorous conversation and was knowledgeable about the local area.
Breakfasts are generous and very fresh, cooked to order. I couldn't finish my scrambled eggs or (the following day) the porridge, both portions were more than enough to keep you going for a few hours.
Blanche House really does help you to relax and enjoy your stay - thoroughly recommended!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Polish first
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

On our arrival we were greeted by Kerry who offered help with our bags and provided us with a Brighton guide and a map upon which he marked all of the possible parking places (we found a space immediately and close by which was great considering the Pride celebrations were well under way). The bar and reception area was welcoming and beautifully presented.

We stayed in the Moroccan room, the bed was huge, the decor was fabulous and the homemade biscuits were a nice touch. There was plenty of room for our clothes and plenty of room for two people to get ready in the morning without tripping over each other. Air conditioning was available and very welcome as it was a scorcher this weekend! A beautiful room.

Breakfast was lovely, the dining room was great, you could help yourself to fruit, croissants and juice and the staff we very accommodating, tea, coffee, water and juice were served promptly and the breakfast menu had plenty of choice, vegetarian english, full english, pancakes with or with bacon etc. etc.

We will definitely visit again as was such a pleasant stay and about a minute walk to the seafront and maybe 10 minutes walk to the pier and the centre of Brighton!

If I had to pick one thing that perhaps wasn't so positive about our stay but this is by no means the fault of the hotel, it would be that a guest slammed their door several times in the middle of Saturday night. What I would ask, is that if you stay here, please be considerate when going in and out of your room late at night and close the doors gently. It is just common sense and nobody wants the hotel to have to be be covered in "Please Don't" posters, it would completely ruin the peaceful, relaxing and luxurious atmosphere that Blanch House has to offer.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Completely welcoming B & B in one of the side streets off the sea front. Blanch House is very clean and nothing is too much trouble. We stayed for two very relaxing nights. Air con was available in our room. Home made biscuits are replenished every day with tea and coffee. Breakfast was varied and plentiful. I recommend the pancakes and syrup. We will definitely be returning. Super friendly home from home.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Tavistock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

First trip to Brighton, booked Blanch House based on pictures and previous reviews.
Glad to say it was absolutely perfect. The owner Kerry was helpful from the very off, and extremely polite and easy to have a conversation with.

The bed in the room was fantasticly comfortable, the breakfast/dining bar had a lovely atmosphere and its location exactly what we wanted. Very close to the sea-front and bars/restaurants but far enough away not to hear any noise.

Their employee Josie was very helpful in booking us a taxi to the wedding venue, as well as being accomodating to have a chat with me when I wanted one more night-cap in their lovely bar area before heading to bed :)

The breakfast menu had anything we could want, and was done to an extremely good standard.
Chosen brekkers 1st morning - fry-up, 2nd - smoked salmon with scrambled eggs. Top notch on both accounts.

Without a doubt if we ever go Brighton again I will look to book at The Blanch House as our first option.

My wife and I both felt very relaxed and could not ask more for somewhere to stay for a few nights.

Room Tip: I chose the Moroccan Room; HUGE bed :)
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I took my 16 year old daughter to Brighton, and choose Blanch House based on its good reviews. We were greeted by the very friendly and helpful owner, who showed us to our room. The hotel including the room were spotless. I found the location great, easy to find, very close to sea, pier, and a short (10 minute walk to the lanes). There was a good choice of breakfast, which was served in a bright spacious room. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Reet S
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful place. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. Very knowledgable about the local area and more than willing to help with whatever you need. Location is great - just a short stroll from the pier.

Rooms are small but very comfortable with air conditioning. The are all themed and individually decorated and the breakfast is fantastic.

Stayed July 2014
Ringwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Never visited Brighton and struggled to find a suitable place for me and my 14 year old daughter until I spotted blanch house, it was perfect in every way possible, perfect location, parking was the best price I could find. The service was all I could ask. We stayed in Sakura suite, bed comfy, just like being at home. I would definitely recommend blanch house and would definitely go back. My only very tiny comment would be could do with some background music at breakfast but that's just my personal opinion. Thank you Blanch House :)

Room Tip: Sukura cosy but perfect and bed amazingly comfy.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family