“Nice place”

Ranked #6 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Paignton
“Nice place”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed here with a friend and had a great time. Room was clean albeit a little cramped, with barely enough room either side of the bed, and a very cramped bathroom, but great views and nice part of town. Would recommend the hotel definately, the staff were easy to get along with and the food was nice.

Brighton was nice too, very relaxed feel, although the time we were there the council were clearly in dispute about cleaning the streets, rubbish was flying down the streets, you were literally walking on newspapers, and general rubbish, the whole time - poor image Brighton council!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Bromley
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

The room was of a very high standard, excellent location, the staff are really friendly and helpful. The breakfasts are very nice. Great check out time (12, compared to 10am in some other Brighton hotels) and a great bar. (We booked a superior room)

Would definitely recommend and looking forward to going back there soon.

Thanks to all the staff for looking after us so well.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
perth, west oz
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed at Legends for two nights, was really looking forward to our room with a view of the sea & the pier in the distance! Unfortunately the front of the hotel was covered in scaffolding & this hampered the view & then we had workers walking past our third floor window, on occasion..this was disappointing. The room was nice, large, the furniture was reserved style, one of the chairs in the room was torn & stained. Of course, it was a noisy hotel at night, the staff were friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank budgetbudge
Sant Antoni de Portmany, Spain
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed for one night (last night) and I must say I was impressed. After an initial problem with my booking, I was given my key and made my way to the room (310). It was quite small and basic, but I had only paid for a standard room so was happy enough. the bathroom was small but had everything that I needed. Bed was comfortable, but there was no view to speak of so would have liked that. But... for £65, the location was great and it totally represented value for money. Breakfast was served until 11.30am and this was very filling and meant that I didn't have to get up too early for it. I tucked into something of everything, granola, crunchy nut cornflakes, yogurt, tea, orange juice and a full english.

All in all, although I have stayed in better hotels, Legends deserves a 5/5 because of its friendly staff, the amazing breakfast and the good standard of everything in the room and bar. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
New Romney, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Was a great atmosphere nice shows and beatiful bar, from arrival we was made very welcome by a fantastic friendly member of staff "lewis" we was late for chek in but it wasnt a problem we hadnt even booked but the staff were helpfull and explaind we could use a higher floor , we was happy with a lower floor, the onlything that kept me awake was the excitment !
When we awoken we stroled down and breakfast was still being served from 8:00 till 11:30 so there was no reason to rush, fine choice from cereals, fruits, yogurts and continentals to any thing on a full english as desired inclueding how you like your eggs, served with hot drinks and juices , cant decide?you dont need to have what and as much as you like.
Good value , location now. you are in the heart of it all opposite the pier and sea life five minutes everything like the royal pavilion and the would famous lanes to the oldest eletric working train in england , you are also nearby many clubs bars and amazing restaurants .
finally we would like to say a massive thankyou to to all the staff for being so helpfull and aspecial thankyou to lewis he brings a lot of character to the place and to adam also places need a good team to represent them and I belive our experience wouldnt of been the same without itcheers to the number one gay venue for the uk

Room Tip: Book online in advance for great deals and if you dont like the music go to the higher floors we was...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank doncarlosw
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Only stayed one night, but very impressed with hotel, location, cleanliness and feel.
Special thanks goes to the 'northern' guy at breakfast. Your service was great, friendly and welcoming. Oh and I have to say the burger I had for lunch was one of the BEST! Breakfast fantastic and plenty. Really impressed!!! Well done guys.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Although my view was'nt great, this hotel is in a great location on the sea front.
Top value for money and service. My room exeeded my expectations, fit and finsih is verging on the 4* and far beyond what is charged. Wifi is free, not rip off as per budget chains, nice few touches of soaps and towels etc.
Mine was a mid week stay, but I’d guess it gets very busy in the bar and nightclub at weekends. Might be too busy for some.

Room Tip: Ask for a see view room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business