“Brilliant stay”

Ranked #5 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Brilliant stay”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I recently booked out one of the snooze boxes available at Legends and being given warning about how small these rooms are I was pleasantly surprised. The room had everything a single person would need and there was room to easily walk about. And it was very clean :) I had booked the room over the phone and the manager was nice enough to offer less for the more expensive rooms as I was on a budget which I really appreciated so he gave me a cheaper deal for the snooze box (and it was a bank holiday weekend). Never see that kind of service anywhere else. So I had paid £50, (£5 off the price) which inc a full English fry up, continental breakfast & coffee etc, right on the seafront & a PERFECT location so was well worth the money. Breakfast was served until 11:30am so it gave me plenty of time to wake up in the morning. The staff were very accommodating, welcoming, positive and friendly too which made the stay even nicer. Even though I live half hour away I felt like I was on holiday. This place offers great service with great food & drink, great entertainment and a great club in the basement. Warning that the club does stay open late sometimes and as I was on the first floor I could hear it in the early hours but it didn't bother me to a point where it kept me awake or disturbed my sleep. Seeing as I stayed in their very basic room, I would love to come back check out the superior rooms. Thanks for a great stay and I look forward to staying again. :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Amazing service, warm welcoming staff (Adam) In particular great location amazing breakfast! Great club downstairs Will stay again! I wound defiantly recommend staying at legends if you are looking for a pleasant stay!

• Stayed May 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Best hotel ever, staff so lovely with Adam and the team, food really great, rooms all clean and fresh! Central to all aspects of Brighton! Would never stay any ware else! Great work all! See you soon! Thank you for making us welcome! Xx Paul from cardiff!

Room Tip: Top tip!! Go have a great time!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Paignton
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed here with a friend and had a great time. Room was clean albeit a little cramped, with barely enough room either side of the bed, and a very cramped bathroom, but great views and nice part of town. Would recommend the hotel definately, the staff were easy to get along with and the food was nice.

Brighton was nice too, very relaxed feel, although the time we were there the council were clearly in dispute about cleaning the streets, rubbish was flying down the streets, you were literally walking on newspapers, and general rubbish, the whole time - poor image Brighton council!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Bromley
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

The room was of a very high standard, excellent location, the staff are really friendly and helpful. The breakfasts are very nice. Great check out time (12, compared to 10am in some other Brighton hotels) and a great bar. (We booked a superior room)

Would definitely recommend and looking forward to going back there soon.

Thanks to all the staff for looking after us so well.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
perth, west oz
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed at Legends for two nights, was really looking forward to our room with a view of the sea & the pier in the distance! Unfortunately the front of the hotel was covered in scaffolding & this hampered the view & then we had workers walking past our third floor window, on occasion..this was disappointing. The room was nice, large, the furniture was reserved style, one of the chairs in the room was torn & stained. Of course, it was a noisy hotel at night, the staff were friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank budgetbudge
Sant Antoni de Portmany, Spain
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed for one night (last night) and I must say I was impressed. After an initial problem with my booking, I was given my key and made my way to the room (310). It was quite small and basic, but I had only paid for a standard room so was happy enough. the bathroom was small but had everything that I needed. Bed was comfortable, but there was no view to speak of so would have liked that. But... for £65, the location was great and it totally represented value for money. Breakfast was served until 11.30am and this was very filling and meant that I didn't have to get up too early for it. I tucked into something of everything, granola, crunchy nut cornflakes, yogurt, tea, orange juice and a full english.

All in all, although I have stayed in better hotels, Legends deserves a 5/5 because of its friendly staff, the amazing breakfast and the good standard of everything in the room and bar. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo