“Its In The Name”

Ranked #5 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Isle of whithorn
“Its In The Name”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I booked this hotel as a last minute break for myself and its by far one of the best hotels ive stayed in, having stayed in many better known hotels.
Very reasonable price for parking in the local side roads which the manager (Rhys) Kindly explained to me. Even when I had a problem with my shower the night manager (Scottish guy) came up and sorted issue without any trouble.
Breakfast was included in the price of my room and was a delicious cooked full English breakfast with a choice of cereals and fruit juices.
I Have to say I would never have thought of this hotel until now, anytime I am in Brighton from now on I shall stay in Legends.
Try It.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Legends. The location is excellent and right on the promenade. Restaurants and bars are just around the corner. You can't beat the location. The staff is super motivated and friendly. The rooms are clean and the bed was comfortable.

Yet most rooms are the size of a broom closet without Air Conditioning. Never seen such a tiny bathroom in my life and during my morning shower the temperature frequently changed from ice cold to hot and right back to ice cold. Bad plumbing problems.
Since Legends is also a bar and nightclub, you will hear the disco beat until 4 a.m.
There is less noise on higher floors.

I guess this hotel is about the experience rather than comfort.

Room Tip: Less disco noise on higher floors but during the summer rooms under the roof heat up easily. Air con...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Charming receptionist who called me 'lovely' four times during the check in which amused my wife hugely. Very pleasantly decorated hotel, quite chintzy as you would expect with very friendly and amusing staff. Bedroom was very small and shower the smallest I've ever entered - interesting plumbing with shower water seemingly designed to flood the bathroom and enter the bedroom area?

Room Tip: get a room with a sea view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kristiansand
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and myself stayed at Legends for 3 Nights early July this year . This hotel has quality: perfect location, very nice staff, great clean rooms, english breakfrast, fast and stable free wifi. If you have a problem with homosexuality: this is not your place. Otherwise: very good value for money :-) Fully Recommended!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We booked a last minute trip to Brighton for a three day break and were so glad we chose Legends!
We arrived at the hotel and the lovely assistant manager Adam immediately offered us a free upgrade to a loft room as one was available - what a great beginning to our stay! Our room (406) was beautiful, with an enormous bed that could have accommodated 4 of us. In addition there was a comfortable sofa, and a fridge which was so handy for drinks before heading out clubbing. The highlight of the room was definitely the stunning views over the beach, looking out onto the pier all lit up at night was so romantic. Although the bar downstairs was busy and open until 5am, we couldn't hear any noise at all from our room.
Breakfast was served in the downstairs bar and was lovely, with all the usual fry-up choices and veggie options like beans on toast etc. The service was faultless - so friendly, with a happy buzzing atmosphere and the staff really made us feel like nothing was too much trouble. Over all, Legends was perfect for us - with an ideal location for exploring the beach, the lanes and nightlife! We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed July 2014
Cork, Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 30 July 2014

A few of us from Ireland went for a weekend away here. From arrival to departure the staff were very helpful and welcoming. Hotel itself is situated right on the seafront and near to all the major attractions. The rooms were clean and as would be expected. The price for mid summer was also very reasonable considering location etc.

The outside terrace and basement club are huge pluses to staying here. Along with the breakfast in the mornings and nice food during the day, Legends has pretty much everything you could want.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 402 i think and it was nice, decent sized and had a view of the big wheel and beach...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ger F
london
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

You want gay/bar/decent room/ reasonable prices/excellent cooked to order breakfast/later bar/weekend club/terrace/friendly staff... You really do have it all. I've been staying here for twenty years and it changes, modernises but always delivers. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2014