“Value and great service”
Review of Legends Hotel

Legends Hotel
Ranked #6 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Glasgow
“Value and great service”
Reviewed 6 January 2011

Thanks Legends

We stayed at Legends, Brighton over Christmas and New Year. The hotel was excellent value for money and the staff were very helpful above and beyond the call of duty, especially Lewie who called us the following day to let me know I'd left my coat in the wardrobe. They took care of it and even posted it to me after going well out of their way to do so.

Although they didn’t serve the traditional Christmas dinner to which we were aware of when we booked the full English breakfast was freshly cooked and served each morning.

We always choose Legends when staying in Brighton, mainly because of value for money and having a stress free break away from the city life.

Thank you so much!

Andy and Mike xx

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2011

checking in and parking took about 1 hour! was made to feel stupid as 3 people were fireing rules at us and the complex of parking our car my head was spinning, we were tired after working all day then driving so all we wanted was to check in change clothes and go eat er NO as i parked the car my partner called me on my mobile to say there is only a single bed in the sparce room fair enough it was a mistake mmmm the only one ,they then gave us another room so small ,no blinds or curtains,a sink in the room,a door to a very small seperate toilet which only half opened because the bed was in the way,another door to a small shower cubicle a cheap pine wardrobe about 5' x 2' after complaining and a lot of discusion and £10 extra we got a half decent room,nice view of a brick wall all the air condition units for the whole hotel which added to the noise of the night club and the fire alarm that went of 2 times in the night i could go on and on . so staff that dealt with us when we arrived were very offish with us and made us feel unwelcome for the full 2 days

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nigelandy
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2010

First time to Brighton and we chose Legends after a friends advice!
Great advice! The hotel was excellent!
The rooms were clean - and I have to say, they look SO much better when you're there compared to the pic's on the website!
We only made breakfast once (our fault) but great choice and all included!
The staff couldn'tr do enough for you, literally every single member of staff we're great - you don't find that in a hotel - let alone the gay scene, so a real credit to the place!

Slightly worried being on the 1st floor, sea view that we might be kept awake at night with the noise - but we shouldn't have worried - we didnt really hear anything at all !
The bed was really comfy and the sheets and linen were very crisp and white!

All in all a GREAT place, with GREAT people in a GREAT location!!
Would definately recommend to anyone looking to stay in Brighton!!

1 Thank Troy A
Durban
Reviewed 6 November 2010

We were a bit disappointed with Legends and of all of the hotels we stayed at on our recent tour of the UK, this was our least favourite wholly due to the noise from the bar below and neighbouring bedrooms and not too friendly staff.
The place, while decorated quite nicely, is a bit on the pretentious side and we felt it was more about the look than comfort.

2 Thank linettemcd
uk
Reviewed 31 October 2010

Thanks to all at Legends for making our 1st anniversary special. stayed last year on Honeymoon and returned 1 year on. Thanks to Matt and his team for making our stay excellent.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2010

I have just read the previous blogger's comments with complete disbelieve. I have just stayed at Legends for the past three weeks whilst waiting for our new house to complete. I stayed in a variety of rooms, including one of the luxury sea front rooms with my partner. The rooms are decorated and furnished to a very high standard and the bathrooms are immaculately clean. The beds are some of the most comfortable I have slept in, with crisp, clean white linen.

I'm not sure what room the previous blogger stayed in, but I have NEVER shared his experience at Legends. I travel all over the world for work and stay at all sorts of hotels - I wish they were all up to the standard of Legends!

The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful and cannot do enough to help. All in all I would recommend Legends to anyone wanting to visit Brighton. To sum up - first class!

Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 18 October 2010

The high points about this "hotel" are the super friendly staff and excellent location, close to the pier and many bars and restaurants. The club entertainment was also enjoyable as was the included hot breakfast. But the good comments end there. Stayed in a "luxury" seafront double. The room was large, but was dirty and not cleaned to a high standard. The room furniture was tired and looked like something from another hotel's going out of business sale. The desktop, for example, had more than 20 severe water stains from what looked to me like wet glassware marks. It was SO tacky! Linens were also of general poor quality, likely right off the shelves of Primark. If you are expecting luxurious accommondations, you will be REALLY disappointed. The bathroom shower was also dirty (black and brown mold in the corners of the floor), and the whole room experience just felt cheap. I didn't even want to walk barefoot on the room's wall-to-wall (stained!) carpet after a shower. No telling what disgusting messes were down there. YUK! They are obviously suffering from the bad economy and it shows in the rooms and overall cleanliness of the property. I would not stay here again under any circumstances, and I can't imagine staying there in the heat of the summer with no air conditioning at probably twice the price I paid during this October visit, which was 130 GBP including breakfast. A Legend no more for sure.

3 Thank LoveGrandHotels