“interesting experience”
Review of Legends Hotel

Legends Hotel
Ranked #6 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 25 January 2011

The hotel is lovely clean and fresh. We were pleasently greeted by the lovely staff upon our arrival. Was surprided by how small everything was though. This is not an option for larger people. We are two friends, who had ordered a double room. The bed was so small i practically were sleeping on top of each other, and the toilet/shower room was very small too. We did enjoy our stay very much, and were surprided that we could sleep through Friday-Saturday night without being woken up by the bar/club.
The only apparent gayness of the hotel is some of it's staff, which was quite nice. Everyone was lovely, warm and friendly
oh, and as a bonus, the bed was amazingly comfortable, just far too small for two people.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 January 2011

What a great place to stay!
This was the first time
that I'd visited Brighton and I wanted to make sure that it was a great one.
Being the picky hotel-stayer that I am, it didn't take me long to choose this
hotel from the run down bunch that was on offer along the famous Brighton
seafront. Super helpful and friendly staff from start to finish. Nothing was too
much effort for them and even when I found out that they'd closed the restaurant
after breakfast (during winter season only), I was warmly informed that the pub
along the road did great hot food. Our room was spacious, clean and elegantly
contemporary, the bed was comfortable and linen freshly pressed. All this, along
with the deliciously fresh, cooked breakfast - always a winner in my world, a
stylish bar and trendy nightclub in the basement (which we could not hear), I
would definitely stay at Legends again and most certainly recommend it. 5* All
round.
My only Negative : Real fresh orange at breakfast would've been super,
but not such a bad thing to fail on!

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed 9 January 2011

I stayed at Legends on the 8th January with my brother to celebrate a friends 40th. I have stayed at loads of hotels in Brighton and this is by far the best by far. On arrival a very nice scottish man advised me about parking, we were able to check in and even got given an upgrade :-) both our rooms were clean and comfortble. Ok the rooms are small but it's a hotel not a marque you want to sleep in. The beds/bedding even the pillows were all of exvcellant quallity. Plenty of towels. I have stayed at The Grand and the Thistle in Bighton and Legends is by far a much more comfortable and welcoming hotel. Every member of staff were friendly polite and very helpful. Even after the club closed at 5 by 10am the next morning the bar area was spotless and nicely laid out for breakfast which I have to say was super. I wouldn't hesitate to reccommend it to any of my friends and would even take my husband. Keep up the good work lads and don't listen to these over tired people. Cant wait to come back begining of April.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed 6 January 2011

Thanks Legends

We stayed at Legends, Brighton over Christmas and New Year. The hotel was excellent value for money and the staff were very helpful above and beyond the call of duty, especially Lewie who called us the following day to let me know I'd left my coat in the wardrobe. They took care of it and even posted it to me after going well out of their way to do so.

Although they didn’t serve the traditional Christmas dinner to which we were aware of when we booked the full English breakfast was freshly cooked and served each morning.

We always choose Legends when staying in Brighton, mainly because of value for money and having a stress free break away from the city life.

Thank you so much!

Andy and Mike xx

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2011

checking in and parking took about 1 hour! was made to feel stupid as 3 people were fireing rules at us and the complex of parking our car my head was spinning, we were tired after working all day then driving so all we wanted was to check in change clothes and go eat er NO as i parked the car my partner called me on my mobile to say there is only a single bed in the sparce room fair enough it was a mistake mmmm the only one ,they then gave us another room so small ,no blinds or curtains,a sink in the room,a door to a very small seperate toilet which only half opened because the bed was in the way,another door to a small shower cubicle a cheap pine wardrobe about 5' x 2' after complaining and a lot of discusion and £10 extra we got a half decent room,nice view of a brick wall all the air condition units for the whole hotel which added to the noise of the night club and the fire alarm that went of 2 times in the night i could go on and on . so staff that dealt with us when we arrived were very offish with us and made us feel unwelcome for the full 2 days

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nigelandy
Reviewed 9 November 2010

First time to Brighton and we chose Legends after a friends advice!
Great advice! The hotel was excellent!
The rooms were clean - and I have to say, they look SO much better when you're there compared to the pic's on the website!
We only made breakfast once (our fault) but great choice and all included!
The staff couldn'tr do enough for you, literally every single member of staff we're great - you don't find that in a hotel - let alone the gay scene, so a real credit to the place!

Slightly worried being on the 1st floor, sea view that we might be kept awake at night with the noise - but we shouldn't have worried - we didnt really hear anything at all !
The bed was really comfy and the sheets and linen were very crisp and white!

All in all a GREAT place, with GREAT people in a GREAT location!!
Would definately recommend to anyone looking to stay in Brighton!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Troy A
Reviewed 6 November 2010

We were a bit disappointed with Legends and of all of the hotels we stayed at on our recent tour of the UK, this was our least favourite wholly due to the noise from the bar below and neighbouring bedrooms and not too friendly staff.
The place, while decorated quite nicely, is a bit on the pretentious side and we felt it was more about the look than comfort.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple