“A great place for inspiration!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Preston Manor

Ranked #27 of 161 things to do in Brighton
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A great place for inspiration!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

If you want inspiration for your home decor go to preston manor! I loved it! I took so many pictures and got so many ideas. Its wonderful to see an old stately home- the gardens were so beautiful too. I loved every minute. I took my granddad and he has had three hip operations so hes not great with stairs but the staff were so helpful. Its not open every day so check its open before you go because I made the mistake of turning up once when it was closed. I definitely recommend!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank rachel f

Brighton, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Life in the old days”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Fascinating building - you can see what life was like below stairs in the Victorian/Edwardian eras. Preston Manor lies outside the main drag of Brighton, but does not deserve to be ignored.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Christine B
Eastbourne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Ghost Hunt”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

The evening seemed to start off ok as the timings and groups were organised well, but I'm afraid it seemed to be a showcase for the group leaders who work for Preston Manor and for the people who paid good money to go on this event to sit and listen and watch them!!

We were taken to three different locations which were very atmospheric and spooky in this beautiful old house, most of the investigation time was spent listening to the different group leaders telling stories of the people who lived in the house and then the group leaders talking to who they thought were the ghosts of the house! Very strange they really need to take a step back and realise that people pay a lot of money to come here and actually want to be able to investigate and do things for themselves. They should be there to quitely supervise and give guidance not take over!!

I was really looking forward to this evening but left feeling like I had been cheated out of my money (

Visited November 2013
3 Thank angelmiche32
Brighton
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Haunted tour,”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I like a good story and I'm up for a bit of ghosts and ghouls. On this occasion I felt a little short changed.

The person doing the tour and telling the stories was pretty poor. If you want to make something feel authentic then you should start with yourself.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of people loved it when I visited and it did have the right atmosphere. It didn't work for me though becaus3 and I felt I could have made a better job of the tour myself.

If you want to tell a story the you have to be a storyteller. You cant take money off people and wing it, you need to have the skilss.

I've seen better Lesley Nielsen movies. Don't listen to me though, you need to try it for yourself and you might getbluckyband have a better guide than we did.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Stevie M
Brighton, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“well worth visiting especially if it rains”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Beautifully set up as it was during its heyday as a Downton Abbey-ish home Preston Manor is brilliantly evocative and very beautiful. I really enjoyed it. But it's a bit dull for children

Visited October 2013