“Fantastic hotel and the steak is awesome”
Review of Queens Hotel

Queens Hotel
Ranked #19 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed on the 4th floor and had a quiet room with sea view - room was great and lovely and warm too. The gym is great and clean - plenty of equipment and the sauna was spot on - free lockers too.

Ate at the restaurant and the steak was awesome - no fat and cooked to perfection. As a steak lover I recommend you to try it. It's fantastic.

Ricardo on reception was very helpful as the staff always are.

If your stopping over for business this a hotel I can thoroughly recommend - just ask for 4th floor room as they are the quietist. Wifi in the rooms also very good.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,351)

Reviewed 5 November 2012

My friends and I stayed at the Queens Hotel for one night - a girls weekend in Brighton! Perfect location - step outside the door and you have the promenade on one side and the Lanes on the other. The staff are very helpful and efficient and the breakfast is basic but decent and on til 1100 on Sunday - so great if you've been out late the night before. Check out time would be better at 1200 rather than also 1100 as it can cause a bit of a jam between the restaurant and reception. The rooms are a bit tired in decor but spacious and clean which is top priority. All in all, decent value for money, quite basic but clean and fantastic location.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Each stay has been very satisfactory. Sea front is going to present noise where ever. One visit, staff were very obliging in endeavouring to move one of our group to a quieter room. Staff & management have always been polite & helpful. Never encountered any issues in pool area. Bar/food area attended constantly by staff clearing / wiping tables. Bedding clean / toilet area clean. Yes it can do with refurbishing of tired decor/furniture but it is evident that a start has been made in rooms I have stayed in. Only criticisms - easier accesses for wheelchair - have taken my disabled mother twice. Availability of food after 9 but on one visit the kitchen made an exception for us. Cheeses would be welcome as one of our party loves red wine & cheese - however he went to the local corner shop and bought it. The answer is if anyone has an issue tell the staff rather than waiting to put on Trip Advisor. Then gives them an opportunity to address it immediately. I'm certainly going again next year!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We stayed at this Hotel for a one night break during half term with our three children aged 3, 9 and 10. I found it very difficult to find a Hotel in Brighton that could accommodate a family of five in one suite/room and this one was perfect. We were in room 303 which was a family suite and comprised of one double bedroom and a separate living are with a double sofa bed and a single bed. Both rooms had flat screen TV's and were clean and appeared to be fairly newly decorated. There was also tea and coffee facilities which was a bonus. We had the most amazing views from floor to ceiling windows on two sides, directly over the seafront and the pier. The Hotel is within moments walk from the Pier, the Lanes, the Brighton Wheel and the Sealife Centre, all of which we visited. A great bonus is the health centre which has a pool which my husband and children used twice. The staff were all very friendly and we ate our evening meal in the Hotel bar area which was great. Breakfast was included and that too was delicious. We arrived early on the first day before the 3.00 pm check in and the Hotel allowed us to leave our luggage in reception. There is the Lanes carpark directly next door which is perfect. All in all, we would definitely return and would recommend to our friends.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea front room, the views are amazing.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I chose this hotel because of its proximity to the pier, and thought the hotel offered well priced rooms and good service. The check in staff were rather reserved, but found the staff in the bar to be very friendly and eager to please. We tried numerous cocktails which were reasonably priced and fniished off the day nicely. We only stayed here for one night, and to be honest, I didn't really notice the noise that everyone is whinging about - I think we had all tired ourselves out during the day, so we slept very well. Will definately stay here next time I am in the country.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Stayed for two nights mon/tues with my 7 year old daughter.

Great location as near the shops and opposite the pier.

However, two nights is just enough. Our hotel room looked out onto a night club which even on a mon night was open and very very loud, the bin men then came at about 7am so did not get a good nights sleep. Breakfast was ok, although coffee was bloody awful, room decor, again ok, nothing to wow about.

Staff were friendly and for a short break in Brighton it did the job. I probably won't re book though.

Room Tip: Away from the night club!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I stayed at this hotel last year for my birthday and it was great so thought we'd do it again this year. Well I'm staying there tonight and its 2am, all I can hear is drunk people going to and from a club, shouting and screaming. I've been trying to get to sleep for about 2 hours. This is our 2nd night and I've barely slept due to the noise, the windows are next to useless, pretty much like having a sheet of paper. It's absolutely ridiculous. A lovely birthday weekend completely ruined by noise. It's put me off staying here again & I shall not be recommending to anyone. To whoever is reading this and you really want to stay here, don't book unless you can choose a room. Go for floor 3 or 4 and as far from the pubs as you can get. We're on floor 1 and I can hear the drunken revellers exact conversations.

I don't usually leave reviews but this time has really upset me, last time was great but this time has been completely ruined. Hard earned money gone on 2 nights sleepless nights. Go back to work refreshed?? I'll need a couple of days off to catch up on missed sleep. Baring in mind we are staying a Sunday and Monday night don't be fooled thinking it will be quiet, it most certainly is not.

• Stayed: October 2012