“lovely hotel, but doesnt meet the price”
Review of Queens Hotel

Queens Hotel
Ranked #19 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My partner and I stayed here, wonderful location, great room, staff are ok.
I say this as when we stayed, the room next door to us was smoking, to cut a very long story short, it took 3 phone calls to reception and me going down to tell them about it to get it sorted. They then got our room numbers mixed up and accused me and my partner...when they came into our room they realised it wasnt us.
Anywho, we spoke to the manager and they gave us a discount for another stay. We stayed there again and it was ok. But breakfast is not up to scratch.
I wouldnt stay again because the price is far to high for what you get.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
QueensOperations, Operations Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.
I was sorry to see that the hotel did not meet with your expectations , and we shall certainly take your comments on board.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,353)

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Booked this hotel as a secret hotel with last minute.com which came with a free upgrade to an executive room. The location is really good being virtually opposite the pier with the Lanes out the back. The reception staff are very friendly and helpful our room was out the front with a view of the pier. The room was very spacious with one queen size bed and one king size we slept in the queen size which was really comfortable. The leather settee was great to sit on and watch the busy sea front Out of the ceiling to floor windows. The bathroom was very smart. Even though the sea front road was very busy the room was very quiet. Breakfast was a buffet style with a good selection. This was our first visit to Brighton and the queens was a good choice. Looking forward to another visit in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
QueensOperations, Operations Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted to see that everything was to your liking during your recent visit , and that you enjoyed the wonderful views from your room.
We look forward to hopefully seeing you back again in the future.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Great location by the beach and pier, with helpful staff on reception and in the breakfast room. Our room was both larger and nicer than we had expected, and generally the decor throughout the hotel was good. We were out-of-season so noise from the streets outside wasn't an issue, although I imagine it would be at some times of the year (partly due to the original single-glazed windows).

Negative points: the only real option for parking is one of the public car parks in the town, which aren't cheap. Breakfast was plentiful but the quality of the ingredients was quite poor. Bathroom was surprisingly cold in February, not that this really bothered us as the bedroom was warm.

Positive points: good decor, large room, helpful staff, great location.

Room Tip: Higher floors to reduce noise from streets outside, plus naturally go for a sea view if possible!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ian M

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted to see that overall , you enjoyed your visit with us , and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I slept very little at this hotel owing to the night club opposite. Once that stopped, the seagulls started ( not complaining about that ) then the lorries collecting rubbish and loud crashing noises as bottles were collected? Goodness knows! But if you need a good night's sleep you may not get one here. The room was spacious and comfortable, and the breakfast was fine if you don't mind a buffet style. The breakfast tables need replacing.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gohopefully

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.
I was sorry to read that you experienced some noise intrusion during your visit. For the next time , I would suggest you consider one of our seaview rooms , as they tend to be quieter.
I am very happy to see that you enjoyed the comfort of your room as well as the complimentary breakfast buffet.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed in other hotels along the seafront but none were as noisy as the Queens. Started off on the 4th floor at the back but even with the Windows shut the noise from a nearby bar and club was too much, went on until 5am too. Got moved to a room on the 3rd floor at the front and while it had a nice sea and pier view, it was still noisy. Not worried by traffic noise as I live by a main busy road but the noise from the room above was unbearable, the floor boards creak so loadly it was like and elephant marching up and down the room for hours. This is a big let down as despite being an old hotel it was still quite nice, with good facilities. The reason I only gave them two stars though was the fact that no one asked me if I had a good stay or if everything was ok when I checked out. Not even the chance to discuss the problems which meant I had two bad nights of sleep. Not good when you are attending a conference.

• Stayed: May 2014
QueensOperations, Operations Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.
I was sorry to see that you experienced some problems during your visit. We try wherever we can to rectify issues that our guests bring to our attention , and I must apologise if we did not. It is great to see that you enjoyed the hotel and the facilities , and certainly if you mention when booking again your previous issues , we will allocate a suitable room for you.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I read really good reviews of Gulliver hotel in Brighton so booked it full board. Due to nightmare went on lastminute.com to find alternative accomodation. I got a suite at Queens Hotel.

Set back was they do no do breakfast to room. Good points is they do late check out and doesnt cost a lot.

The room had flaws. Cheap paintwork and dirty windows. Apart from that it was heaven.

You can lie in bed and look out to the sea. One of the nicesr views from a hotel I have stayed in.

But before Queens start uping their prices because of my praise. There is another downside. The screaming skanks coming out of nearby nightclubs all night long

OUTCOME i would defo go back when on the razzel

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hugo d
QueensOperations, Operations Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.
I must agree totally with you about the sea views from our rooms. No matter what the time of year , the views are always amazing.
We look forward to your continued custom.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed here for a night as we had a event to attend at the Brighton Centre.
The hotel is quite old but the rooms are very clean and comfortable and modern. But everything else is quite run down but looks like they are in the middle of a re-vamp.
The location is wonderful across from the pier and the ocean bars and the town centre, but it also has it's downfalls from being in a great location like the noise.
But if you can over look the small things it's a great cheap place to stay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.
It is great to see that you enjoyed your visit , and found your stay with us to have been a value for money experience.
we look forward to your continued custom.