“A lovely evening”

Ranked #19 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Worcester Park, United Kingdom
“A lovely evening”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My first stay here which was for a special occasion, my partners birthday. We had a very spacious room with a sea view (in my view worth paying any extra for). Some of the decor did need a bit of tlc as has been noted by some other reviewers, but on the whole it seemed ok being clean and tidy. I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
QueensOperations, Operations Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.
It is so nice to see that you enjoyed your visit , and we look forward to seeing you back again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (619)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Beckenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We were struggling to find a hotel that would accomodate our requirements - four twins on a Friday night - at a reasonable price. This wasn't cheap - but nor were any of the other hotels I was being quoted for. Supply and demand forcing the prices up I guess - but equally we weren't paying stupid money

Anyway, The Queens Hotel was the best I could find in our price range. To be honest the mixed reviews left us imagining a clean if dated hotel with functional rooms

Well this couldn't have been further from the truth.

All of our rooms were massive compared to what we usually get. Plenty of room to move around and the bathroom was very clean too. Two ofour party were luckily enough to receive a free upgrade to what we assume was the 'penthouse suite' (not mine sadly)

The location as others have stated is ideal to explore Brighton. On the sea front and very central.

We would have no hesitation in returning.

Room Tip: Centrally located
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SteveCAFC63
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.
I am so delighted to see that we managed not alone to meet with , but also exceed your expectations during your visit , and we hope to see you again in the future.
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

3 years since last staying in the Queens it was very apparent that its been left to seed. In desperate need of some tlc and a decent injection of cash spent on it. My room which did have a sea view was dated, dreary and stank of cigarette smoke. One of the lifts constantly broke down. The carpets and hallways are in dire need of an upgrade. Breakfast was okay but have tasted and seen much better for the same or less money.

All in all a disappointment. Honestly, look for somewhere else to stay if in Brighton.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
QueensOperations, Operations Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.
I was sorry to see that your expectations were not met during your visit. Please accept our apologies for this.
Redhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stay here often. I love the spacious rooms, normally a double sea view, this time I had a king size sea view. Very spacious, fantastic view, superb location. Some of the furniture is showing it's age and maybe a lack of attention to a few marks on walls etc . In general it needs some TLC through out. However ignore the niggles and look at the sea!

I must admit I have moaned about the breakfast in the past, very busy and to my annoyance the toasters were rubbish, made breakfast a chore as you had to wait so long for the toast to cook with a big queue forming behind.
But now I can report the Queens have bought new large WORKING toasters!
Joy.....

I am planning my return....

Room Tip: Opt for higher floors and rooms furthest away from the pier, Clubs/bars are seriously noisy.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.
I am so delighted to see that you enjoy your visits to our hotel , and am equally delighted that you are planning to return.
I can agree with you also about the toasters !!
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We needed 4 twin rooms in Brighton and struggled to find anywhere to accommodate without being completely ripped off.

The Queens Hotel delivered at an ok price. In fairness, no hotels were cheap for the dates we wanted.....supply snd demand I guess.

To be honest we expected ordinary rooms that were clean if dated. The truth was we got far larger rooms than we imagined that had obviously been updated. We were very happy.

The beds were comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. The location is great....right on the seafront.

We all agreed that we'd happily return

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
QueensOperations, Operations Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted to see that your expectations had been exceeded and we look forward to seeing you back again in the future.
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Great location for a Sea View which we hadn't booked was a lovely surprise. Hotel was a little tired looking and could certainly do with an up-lift however would be fair to say room was clean, just a shame the lifts and swimming pool area hadn't received the same attention. Most of the staff were friendly and attentive but at times requests were too much trouble for some. Good breakfast. Would try another hotel if returned.

Room Tip: Sea view......High floor because of street noise
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
QueensOperations, Operations Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.
I was sorry to read that some aspects of your visit did not meet with your expectations , but it is great to see that we had provided you with a complimentary room upgrade for your visit.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Although the building is old I was pleasantly surprised when we entered. The reception was very nice and the staff were very helpful.because all the sea-view rooms were booked for that night we were promised a transfer the next day. The double room was clean and tidy as was the bathroom.It was a little noisy throughout the night but once the windows were closed it was fine.the next day as promised we were shifted and believe me it was well worth the little extra. The view from the window was amazing. The breakfasts were good with your own choice of eggs and the usual fruits and cereals and pastries.the car was left in the car park which was secure and more feasible as there is no free parking anywhere in Brighton.It cost us £20 per 24 hrs which we thought was quite reasonable.all in all we had a brilliant time.Thank you Queens!

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room it's well worth it
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
QueensOperations, Operations Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted to see that you had such an enjoyable visit , and I totally agree with you about the fabulous views!