“A relaxing Lunch”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2014

It is a challenge to find but well worth the effort. Excellent Japanese menu, friendly service and a relaxing atmosphere. A gret place to catch up with friends.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Have eaten here a few times though only at lunchtime. Very much cafe style and quite basic so not the place to go if you're after a celebration dinner but great place for lunch. Set menu is good and has varied options - nice to have a bit of everything (comes with rice, salad, miso soup). My son always has the vegetarian sushi and loves it. Food really good and does feel quite authentic. Can take a while for food to arrive but at least you know it is being freshly cooked.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have been here 3 times, and must say, I'm impressed each and every single time. As I've never been to Japan, in my opinion, I'd rate this to be the closest to the real thing (in comparison to the
chain restaurants). My meals over time, have been (Starters): Gyoza Dumplings or Fried Squid, and (Mains): Yakisoba and my new favourite dishes... Miso Ramen or Shoyu Ramen. Every dish
is freshly prepped in a visible part of the restaurant. Staff are friendly. The Chef always greets you (if he's not busy). Just an all-round nice place. Nothing fancy, and some of the decor is a little "tired", but have thoroughly enjoyed each and every visit.

1  Thank Pearce J
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I love Japanese Ramen.
Their Ramen is real Japanese Ramen & not bad.
But nothing special.

1  Thank layla0975
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I had dinner with friends here on a Saturday night. Not easy to find from the street - the entrance looks like the stairs to the flat above a chinese supermarket! Variety of Japanese dishes available including the standard eel and rice, sushi and sashimi and noodle soups. Bento boxes looked great too.

The table ordered a variety of things and we all picked at each others' dishes. The eel was good but it's sweeter than the dish I fell in love with in Hiroshima - this seems to be the usual in UK. The prawn tempura was AWESOME - really tasty dipping sauce, fresh prawns and light, crunchy batter without being oily. The salmon nigiri was ok - fish was fresh but pretty thin slices and no wasabi in the rice. I had a boiled tofu dish with a refreshingly zesty dipping sauce which was nice and light. I found the vegetarian spring rolls to heavy and salty though.

You have to pay attention to the waitress in case you want anything - we weren't checked on during our meal. However, this didn't feel like that kind of a place - very laid back and busy - but if you caught someone and asked for more drinks/dishes, you wouldn't be kept waiting too long and they would always come with a smile.

RECOMMENDATION: book a table! Brighton is crammed on the Weekend!

1  Thank Lalamuh