“Possibly the best breakfast in Brighton?”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of LangeLee's

LangeLee's
Ranked #116 of 1,111 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$8 - US$13
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Possibly the best breakfast in Brighton?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

This place doesn't look much from the outside, but the breakfasts here are definetly something special. Also worth noting that service was friendly and you are given a big jug of water which is a nice touch while you wait for your drinks and food.

I had the Langlee's breakfast which has sausage, bacon, beans, fried egg, tomatoes, mushrooms, some amazing thick cut chips and a couple of slices of thick toast. I can't remember the price but it was very reasonable.

As far as the best breakfast in Brighton goes, that I'm not sure but its certaintly up there. I'll be back for sure.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank oliblob

“SUPERB CHANCE FIND”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We were on a short visit to Brighton and chanced upon this lovely restaurant for breakfast. The menu was extensive, and the welcoming staff were happy to mix and match the breakfast options. The food was served well cooked, and nicely presented. . Being a warm, sunny morning, we chose to sit in the rear open courtyard which was very nice, quiet, and sheltered. Sun or shade areas were available.

All in all we had a delightful breakfasts and competitive prices as well., Thoroughly recomend a visit.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank RichardG12
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, lovely service, lovely price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Breakfasts are big at the moment, and I don't just mean in terms of the size of the plate! Everyone seems to be offering them and so many can be hit or miss. Fortunately LangeLee's is most definitely a hit...and in fact probably just became Brighton brekkie of choice, which is no mean feat!

My girlfriend and I both had a Langelee's Breakfast and coffee. The first thing to say is that the place is lovely and light and breezy. There are no frills, but it's clean and feels very relaxed with a friendly vibe. This is definitely in part due to the lovely staff. We were both very impressed with not only how quick we were served, but how thoughtful the staff are...having finished our glasses of tap water, we asked for another and were brought a jug as this 'may be a better option'. We both commented about how that was something that was just so above 'the norm'!
The coffee is delicious and has just the right kick with the great taste.

Then the breakfasts arrived. They have good quality eggs, bacon, sausages and bread, which are the key factors. There was no grease, and everything had a great flavour. I also had some black pudding, which can end up either crumbly or overcooked, but again, this was well cooked and bursting with flavour.
The price of £5.50 is an absolute bargain...and there may be cheaper breakfasts in that area, and even a few doors along, but they are not as good, rest assured!!

On the whole I can't fault anything...I haven't given it a 5 because I intend to head back and have the South African breakfast, and if their Boerewors sausages are as good as everything else, I will give it...but I will return and return, no fear there!

Also I should note, that while we may have sat inside, they do have a secluded little garden that is probably worth a look on a more pleasant day...

• Visited April 2014
Brighton
“Superb Saturday morning breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Fantastic food, cooked to perfection, served with a smile and very reasonable prices! What's not to like.
The cafe has a South African flavour to it, Mrs Balls Chutney and Monkey Gland Sauce also a South African breakfast, I'll try that another day!
All in all a lovely breakfast and definitely worth visit!

1 Thank StefanoBrighton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So Good!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

Such a great cafe! The food is very good and really reasonably priced. The surroundings are pleasant and clean. The staff are really friendly and the service is excellent. Defiantly a hidden gem, so glad I discovered it. I highly recommend you get yourself down there! :)

• Visited November 2013