“Friendly staff, good location, ideal.”

Travelodge Brighton
Ranked #22 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My friends booked for us to stay here after my 18th birthday. Price was very good (£60, 3 people, 1 night, mid July) and we only wanted somewhere basic to crash after a night out. We were not expecting much at all but we were actually really pleasantly surprised.

Room was clean, beds were comfy(I think),and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I was lent a belt from lost property (which the receptionist kindly spent a long time looking for) and the bar staff were chatty and all wished me a happy birthday which was a very nice touch.

Location was ideal as a taxi to town was roughly 5-10 minutes and only cost £12 for a return journey.

Obviously if your looking for a more luxurious break then this is not the hotel for you, but for groups of friends or families looking for a good hotel, good price and good location, this is the one.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Brighton

Reviewed 23 February 2014

This was the first time we'd actually stayed in a Travelodge and to be honest I would recommend the one in Brighton. The room was very big and comfortable for me and my family and the food was excellent.
The service that we received as soon as we arrived after a 6 hour journey was excellent.
I would highly recommend this accommodation, I would definitely be using it again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank madscorpion1
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Overall pretty much what you would expect from a Travelodge and good value for money. The room was basic, but was clean and tidy. We were at the side of the hotel and the room was quiet. The hotel is easy to find being on one of the main routes into Brighton, and is located on a main bus route.

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I thought travelodge were meant to be value hotels? - My son is at uni in Brighton and I made a trip with a pile of belongings from the midlands and thought I would stay over to break up the drive - until I discovered the price! They wanted £125 for a saturday night. The rooms are recently refurbished so are very fresh and clean and the staff are friendly, but really - over £100 for a travelodge? Come on! The hotels on the front were charging similar prices but were booked well in advance. My advice to anyone going to Brighton is to try to get a cheap deal by booking in advance but if theres none available pay silly money for something special not a travelodge!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I've stayed here with my partner twice now, in Nov 2013 and in Jan 2014. My brother lives in Brighton so we were looking for somewhere cheap enough for regular stays. We found very good offers online each time. We researched many b&bs and hotels but overall, this was the best value especially when considering parking which can be very expensive in most central areas of Brighton.

I thought the rooms were very clean and we had plenty of space. The beds are comfy. My only complaint would be that the first time we had a very weak shower but the second time it was perfect. The public areas are desperately in need of maintenance and if you stay in a room near the lifts or stairs it's quite noisy.

The staff were fantastic though. Really friendly and welcoming on both occasions. On my second trip I wasn't feeling too good and they were very helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We had to change rooms because the window wouldn't shut properly and clearly needed repairing, and there was a problem with the bathroom door handle, the lifts were unclean and dodgy
The car park is very small and charges a fortune.
There is a charge for WIFI
On the plus side the staff were professional.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We paid £25 a night to stay in this hotel, which we thought very good value for money, plus £5 per night for parking, which was quite a bit cheaper than the sea front located Travelodge at £15 a night.

The hotel was a 15 minute walk from the centre sometimes felt a little far when the weather was bad, although there were some nice bars and restaurants close by in the evenings.

Although the bed, pillows and room were comfortable, you could easily hear noise from the hallway, and we did have a problem with our window not being able to shut which meant a lot of outside noise could also be heard.