“Peak Time & Still a great stay”

Travelodge Brighton
Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
“Peak Time & Still a great stay”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Family Room I booked for 3 people. Friendly staff, a women booked me in at 3ish and I couldn't fault her in anyway at all, Room was lovely and clean. Perfect!

On the bin men in the morning which were abit loud and how hot it gets due to not being able to open the windows very wide, but I understand this is just standed safety regulations

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
leeds
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed from the 6-9th August in a family room on the 7th floor. Very spacious but unbearably warm as no air conditioning. Could not have the window open at night as on the main road into Brighton therefore very busy. Booked breakfast for each morning which was fine, selection of cereals, drinks, yogurts, toast and cooked breakfast. Had a problem with the shower but the staff were great and attended to it straight away. Parking is a problem as not enough spacers for the amount of rooms. Helpful and friendly staff.

1 Thank kathos
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We booked and paid for a family room in advance and when we arrived were frustrated and not being able to find any car parking. The charge is fifteen pound per day at the hotel if there are any spaces, which when we arrived there were not. Booking in was very slow and we were given a double room rather than a family room but it was suggested that one adult and one child should stay at this hotel and the other adult and child should go to the sea front hotel but would have to pay for this extra room. What they do not tell you is that there is no where to park on the sea front. We requested a refund and had to really be assertive to get this as there were seven other people waiting for rooms that had been booked previously. How can you run a hotel when you over book rooms and upset and cause problems for guests. I would certainly not recommend Travelodge to anybody. This is not to say that all Travelodge Hotels are the same. Spoilt our holiday so we had to travel home in disgust.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Brighton hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Arrived at 1435, told they have a strict check in policy of after 3pm (fair enough I guess, but wouldn't have hurt to check if they could accommodate!).

Ended up having to leave luggage, including laptop etc in the car as had tickets for the racecourse so couldn't wait 25 minutes to loiter - not ideal from a security perspective.

Parking is paid for (£5 for 24hrs).

Wifi is 30 mins free, then £3 for 24hrs.

They do an unlimited breakfast for about £7.50, but I didn't bother with this.

They do an all-night menu till 0500, burgers, chips, pizza etc which I thought was good and seemed a fair price (£6 to £8 depending on what you chose), but I didn't try this either.

Check-in was easy enough, but I wasn't given any info about when to check out (We left at 1130am but not sure of we could have stayed later?). Staff were polite and seemed helpful.

I was given room 004, it is located on the ground floor, a very short distance from reception. The room was a fair size, generally clean (not dusty, needed a good hoover though), although there were some issues.... A ladies hair bands on the floor (I was a lone traveller with a shaved head - not mine!), a 6 inch long hair in the sink (again - I have a shaved head - not mine!) and the shower tray has a large crack in it that appeared to let water in underneath it - thus causing a generally musty and damp smell in the bathroom area. Not particularly welcoming, but I must remember this is a basic cheap Travelodge room and perhaps I expect too much?

My advice is to avoid the 4 rooms on the ground floor near reception (rooms 001 to 004), the stopper on the door from reception is not working effectively - every time the door is used it bangs closed rather than shutting quietly, it is extremely squeaky during its operation as well.

I brought the squeaking and banging door issue to the attention of a female receptionist and asked if they could put some WD40 on it or do something to stop it squeaking and banging. The reply I got was "oh yes, it is very squeaky and a bit noisy isn't it". However, nothing was done to rectify the problem.

I accept totally that due to the nature of their pricing and "budget" status that some noise is to be expected to a point in a Travelodge (heck, I've stayed in loads over the years up and down the country!), perhaps due to people returning after a night on the town; but surprisingly shouting or screaming or footsteps wasn't what kept me awake! It was that bloody faulty door stopper on the top of the door squeaking incredibly loudly and the door banging shut ALL NIGHT LONG!! I must have heard that door open and close maybe 300/400 times. I managed maybe 45 minutes sleep all night. Which means today I feel shattered.

Not a happy customer here Travelodge - listen up!!

Cheap and cheerful. Not filthy, not mega clean either, slightly less impressed than I would have expected from a large multi-national hotel brand. Better to be had in similar price bracket elsewhere.

Premier Inn give a no quibble good night sleep guarantee - at least I would get a refund from them.

So, would I return? No, sorry.

Improve the basic cleanliness of the rooms (hoovering would be a start), fix the shower tray, FIX THE DOOR NOISE PROBLEM!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Swadbus
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

My stay at this travelodge was particularly wonderful. Rooms had been noticeably refurbished and were extremely clean and bright. The bedding was particularly comfortable too!

The desk staff were humorous and friendly.

I particularly liked the Travelodge's night time bar - we met a lot of lovely people there. Gavin, who was working at the bar the evening we stayed, was amazing. Incredibly patient, commanding, interesting, willing to chat, helpful and fun! He was an absolute asset to the team and to our evening.

There's a great cafe for breakfast in Preston Park too!!

Only downsides to the room were a) it was boiling and the windows are nailed shut?!
b) the shower water goes ALL OVER the bathroom - flooding!
c) you're better off in the seafront travelodge for bars/clubs :)

Overall, a great stay. Loved it! Thanks Gavin :)

• Stayed July 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Expensive for what it was but what do you expect on pride weekend! Foyer needs refurbished but rooms are clean and bed was comfy. Good location. However no air conditioning! And check in time was far to late (3pm) and never told us when we were to check out.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

3 night stay last week and certainly one of the better Travelodges we've been to. The family room was very spacious and nice view overlooking Preston Park. The bed was nice and big and very comfy and the room had benefitted from the recent refurbishment. The location is ideal as very easy to get to from the main routes North, East and West.

Although we couldn't get into the seafront Travelodge we were glad in the end as this hotel is probably better for being easier to get to and easier to park, not to mention quieter and more pleasant. Bus stop is just opposite on the A23 road into Brighton and buses appear every 10 or 15 mins. Only downside was the bath/shower switch broke and was not fixed for the remaining 2 days but could still have baths so it wasn't the end of the world.

All in all, very good value and would certainly go back if in Brighton again