“Friendly Bar with good food in the heart of the Seven Dials”
Review of The French Horn

The French Horn
Ranked #511 of 1,203 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$8 - US$21
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Description: A welcoming pub with a friendly local's atmosphere.
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Friendly staff and good food right in the heart of the Dials. Excellent Sunday lunches,Roast Pork highly recommended.

Reviewed 5 July 2012 via mobile

Popped into Foggs with a few friends whilst passing through seven dials and ended up staying for the rest of the evening. We ordered a lot of cocktails! Great mojitos which the staff told us the had won a competition with, a few classics up there with some inventive new cocktails we had not heard of before, all very tasty. There were a lot to choose from, over 20 if I remember rightly!

We also had some much needed tapas which was also very good, tempura squid, amazing Thai fish cakes (the best I have had in a while) lamb koftas and empanadas. The tapas was well priced, cocktails were £5 for a few hours then the price goes up to around £7.

All in all we had a great time thanks to the lovely staff and fun atmosphere, great music too.

If your in Seven Dials I would definitely give it a shot.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

Having had my fingers burned recently (metaphorically speaking) after visiting a pub local to me for lunch to be charged £10.50 for Burger & chips and find it to be MICROWAVEd , I thought I would venture up the road further and see whats on offer. The first pub was closed until 1pm (it was 12.30) their loss!! I carried on up to 7 dials and liked the colour of Fogg's and saw on their menu board Belly Pork with all the trimmings..so far so good.
it is right on the corner of Bath st & Dyke rd and has windows on both sides which brings in loads of light to a very pleasant non fussy bar. I noticed one table was reserved which is always a good sign and I may have been the first to order. Service pleasant and friendly to start and i placed my order. When my lunch arrived I was taken aback at the presentation and could see all sorts of veg under a very crisp crackling (and under was the delicious moist and tasty pork meat) surprised to have Yorkshires which didnt touch the sides! red cabbage ,carrots, pureed swede, spinach, CRISPY roast potatoes I was in 7 dials Heaven..whilst I was eating several groups of familys came in for lunch and as I left I saw a little patio with a family around the one table (private dining outdoors!! A definite must go back and a rarity to find such a high standard of food in a corner pub..to the owners keeping it simple and what it says on the tin is what you get is the key element here plus Do not upset your chef
ps I will return to try one of their pizzas one evening

Reviewed 13 April 2012

I haven't really tried Foggs as a pub - my taste runs towards somewhere a bit more Continental, and on that measure Foggs is terrific. The Sunday lunchtime roasts (not very Continental!) are excellent and the weekday snack food is exactly right. Tempting choc brownies.

Foggs is pretty close to the station and I usually drop in on the way into Brighton. It's a relaxing place to unwind a bit with some good wines. And those snacks.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

Excellent roasts on a Sunday. Also a
Good chorizo burger. Free food if you play the quiz on a Tuesday , we had lovely evening with 2 for 1 cocktails.